Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone wont unlock Galaxy ace

Options
  • 07-03-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I need to unlock my Samsung galaxy ace and i sent them an email and they didn't reply and when i rang customer care they said my application would get rejected unless I topped up by 40 euro. Will i head to my local unlocking shop?? any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

heinervb wrote: »
    I need to unlock my Samsung galaxy ace and i sent them an email and they didn't reply and when i rang customer care they said my application would get rejected unless I topped up by 40 euro. Will i head to my local unlocking shop?? any tips?

I could be wrong but an unlocking shop might charge you the same anyway in which case I'd go with the VF option.

Debranding it then would be my next step to get rid of their bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1335548

This may help if you want to give it a bash, there is also a galaxy sim unlock app on the play store but I would be a bit dubious about using an app to unlock....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

thanks for your replys, vodafone will charge me 40 but a proper unlocking shop will do it for 20

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You could go on line and get the unlocking code for 17$us ,cheaper than shop unlock Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3 runran

heinervb wrote: »

You can get the unlock code from Simpleunlocking.com for your Samsung galaxy Ace and follow free instructions from Mobileunlockguide.com to remove the network lock easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

cheers, ill get one of ebay because the unlocking shop couldnt unlock mine

Advertisement