Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Spots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Cool, must watch Oz again so! Bob Rebadow pops up in a few episodes of the Wire in season 2 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I saw Maestro Harrell in an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen the other night. He was also in an episode of Cold Case, but I didnt recognise his brother as being the same actor that played Wallace.

Earlier in the week both Omar and Namond were in the same episode of Law and Order: SVU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I caught Wood Harris (Avon) in Southland tales when I watched it the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

Avon in Remember the Titans (good film)
    Scott Templeton in Meet the Parents
    Dominic West was in the Catherine tate show a while back...
    Steve Earle on the radio all the time... (I know it doesn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

The Wire got a mention in the new episode of The Office (US).

Ryan asks Michael how he should deal with his friend who is into drugs. Michael gives him a big long convoluted answer which involved putting a wire on his friend, to bust his dealer, then flipping the dealer so he becomes a snitch so they can get information on the real big players.. then Michael turns to the camera and says "I've been watching a lot of The Wire recently". It was pretty funny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

then Michael turns to the camera and says "I've been watching a lot of The Wire recently". It was pretty funny
    Yeah that was funny - he also followed up that line with a dig at their thick Baltimore accents: "I don't understand a word" :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I only say the office last night. Thought the Wire line was good!

Maybe the americans get it a but more if the Office is mentioning it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Kind of a spot from the future, but Tristan Wilds, who played Michael in S4/S5, has landed a prime position on the latest 'Beverley Hills 90210' spinoff...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ixoy wrote: »
    Kind of a spot from the future, but Tristan Wilds, who played Michael in S4/S5, has landed a prime position on the latest 'Beverley Hills 90210' spinoff...

Not something I intend to watch but fair play to him. He was very good in the Wire,very good actor overall. Deserves to go places.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hrududu wrote: »

I saw Maestro Harrell in an episode of My Super Sweet Sixteen the other night.

Are you sure that was him? I thought it was him but as it was in the background I wasnt sure

• Advertisement

Amy Ryan was in The Office. I wonder is she going to be in it full time. Hope so. I think she is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Anyone see Omar in the Incredible Hulk, just for a split-second :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

what part in the film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

what part in the film?

I think it was just as the Abomination (Tim Roth) is tearing up the city, you see him (Michael K Williams) run out of a shop in a colourful shirt. I was certain it was him, so I looked it up, apparently Edward Norton put him in as he is a fan of The Wire :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

haha, classic...well from watching Oz I've seen D'Angelo (an extra), Avon (he played a CO for one episdoe iirc), Carver, Daniels, Rawls, Bodie...

D'Angelo is in the Water Boy now.

Clark Johnson is in SWAT on RTE now

so is herc and the the politician helper dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Marlo is in the new season of Heroes, looks like he may have a big part in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Frank Sobotka is in True Blood playing a cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Just seen Isiah "Sheeeeeeeeeeeet Clay Davis" Whitlock Jr in 1408

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

herc is in the crap fest that is Miami Vice, avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) in Face off he is a prisoner that castor troy beats up when he enters jail

ziggy in generation kill

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

Just discovered the wonders of the wire in the last few months through the BBC reruns which have been keeping me up till the late hours. Could anyone tell me how many more seasons there are and which season is currently on the BBC, (Mayor just caught... 'flagranta delickto' / lost a TV debate badly). Excuse my ignorance :cool:

Also did Tom Waits write the Theme tune or just cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ Dodgy

McNulty/Dominic West on Culture Show tonight, Wednesday 29th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

DJ Dodgy wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how many more seasons there are and which season is currently on the BBC, (Mayor just caught... 'flagranta delickto' / lost a TV debate badly).

sounds like you're about half way through Season 3.
    there are 5 Seasons in total.

Idris Elba was on CSI Miami yesterday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

Stringer Bell in a number of US Office (latest series)

Bunk has a biggish part in the film Hackers, with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Lee Miller

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

saw 'Michael' in "The Secret Life of Bees" with Dakota Fanning and Jennifer Hudson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Bunk in a film called "the fighting temptations" on film four right now

Advertisement