Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ME-50 or GT-6

• 05-12-2004 9:58pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Which board do you think I should get?

ME-50, €280 with no power supply

GT-6, €470 with power supply and headphones.

I could afford the ME-50 by the end of the week but I'd have to wait to sell other things before I could afford the GT-6. What are peoples opinions?

Which should I get? 4 votes

ME-50
    0% 0 votes
    GT-6
    50% 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    50% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't cut corners, wait for the GT-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Neither. Get a good ****ing amp and a good ****ing guitar and get a tone you don't feel so embarrassed about that you have to disguise it under a murky cloak of lame effects. Then Rock! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

But I must have chorus, flange, delay and so on plus the whammy and wah on the ME-50 are loverly. Plus I reckon I'm just gonna get a Bandit II and some LTD or other.

Must you?

Yes. Yes I must. I find bog standard clean and bog standard distortion....boring for want of another word. Distortion with chorus or delay or flange is gorgeous though. Clean with a nice bit of chorus running on top of it = :D:D:D

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:
    Clean with a nice bit of chorus running on top of it = :D:D:D

= Pouffy 80's hair metal and ballads about Ricky and Jimmy and other lameness. What's next, make up?
    :)

Ya what? You'd rather have a sterile clean than a warm shimmering clean? Pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Get this. Marshall make good chorus, better than Boss. And afaik it has true bypass.

Multi-effects tend to be a bit noisy. If you must go with digital multi-effects, try a Line6 Pod. Those Line6 boys know their digital. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

If you want shimmering clean, get an AC30, not some warbley chorus peddle... :D

Get this. Marshall make good chorus, better than Boss. And afaik it has true bypass.

Multi-effects tend to be a bit noisy. If you must go with digital multi-effects, try a Line6 Pod. Those Line6 boys know their digital. :)

The pods are horrible. Absolutely horrible. Plus it's another load to control the fecking things.

Eh, it's grand having chorus. Now, what about the rest of the effects?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

feylya wrote:
    But I must have chorus, flange, delay and so on plus the whammy and wah on the ME-50 are loverly. Plus I reckon I'm just gonna get a Bandit II and some LTD or other.

The pitch shifter doesn't track too well on the ME-50.

It tracks quite well in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

feylya wrote:
    The pods are horrible. Absolutely horrible. Plus it's another load to control the fecking things.

Why do you think they are horrible?

My pod is the best guitar accessory I've ever bought, it makes life so much easier.

I bought it with the intention of using it for recording only but it also works very well when I’m too lazy to carry an amp to a jam, just bring the pod and plug it into the PA.

Neither myself or my mate (who can get a good tone out of anything) have been able to get any sort of pleasant tone from the thing. Pod II or bass pod. And I've never liked the samples I've heard from the Pod XT.

Advertisement