Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for BETA testers......

Options
  • 02-07-2009 4:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Calling all Web Designers, Gamers, IT Professionals........

OVH, one of Europe's largest hosting companies is launching in Ireland and is giving away 100 free Dedicated Servers. If you are resident in the Republic of Ireland you can avail of a dedicated server for 1 year free of charge.
    Our objective is to get feedback on how our servers perform in Ireland in terms of latencies, download speeds, packet loss etc...
    In all we are looking for 100 participants who can use the servers as they please. It is completely free of charge and you won't be tied into any future commitments.
    We only ask that you regularly post messages on our forum, (removed) with suggestions and feedback on using the server, the OVH.ie interface, how we may improve our service plus any other relevant points and.......that's it!
    Regards
    Octave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭W!zard

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

W!zard wrote: »
    Interesting!

Indeed.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Just signed up. Let's wait and see.

Oles wrote: »
    Calling all Web Designers, Gamers, IT Professionals........

OVH, one of Europe's largest hosting companies is launching in Ireland and is giving away 100 free Dedicated Servers. If you are resident in the Republic of Ireland you can avail of a dedicated server for 1 year free of charge.
    Our objective is to get feedback on how our servers perform in Ireland in terms of latencies, download speeds, packet loss etc...
    In all we are looking for 100 participants who can use the servers as they please. It is completely free of charge and you won't be tied into any future commitments.
    We only ask that you regularly post messages on our forum, (removed) with suggestions and feedback on using the server, the OVH.ie interface, how we may improve our service plus any other relevant points and.......that's it!
    Regards
    Octave

Hi Oles,

I went through the process but on your forums you said that:

* I was not in ireland
    * I was already a customer of yours

I'd like to point out here also that I am most definitely in ireland and that I have never been a customer of yours previously.

The company I work for has their proxy server in the UK. I can pm you the proxy details if you wish to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Web Development as hosting discussion is not permitted there, but this may be of interest to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Banned for spamming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Trojan wrote: »
    Banned for spamming.
    Never mind then :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement