Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Top Scorers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Two of your 3 selection score (plus a void) and its still a loser?

Harsh man, you tempted to tweak system?

Well the non-runner was actually a winner :pac: Aguero didn't start when the first goal was scored so is classed as a non-runner for the first goal market but when he did come on he scored so was a winner in the anytime market. Only one who didn't score was the banker Suarez

I'll stick with the current system. I was actually confident of getting a good return from those three selections at the weekend. So goes to show my own selections are rubbish and I'm better off using a set formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Totally agree that to be successful in this game you need to stick to a formula and leave your heart at the door. Kind of like Arnold Schwarzenegger placing a bet!

As with last round due to players on same teams in top five I'm reduced to three selections. €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime accum with Ladbrokes.

Norwich v Remy @ 9/2 and 5/4
    Suarez v Everton @ 5/2 and 4/7
    Tottenham v Aguero @ 9/2 and 6/5

Collie D wrote: »
    As with last round due to players on same teams in top five I'm reduced to three selections. €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime accum with Ladbrokes.

Norwich v Remy @ 9/2 and 5/4
    Suarez v Everton @ 5/2 and 4/7
    Tottenham v Aguero @ 9/2 and 6/5

Two scorers but only Aguero getting the first. Loss of €13.50.

Total staked: €500
    Profit/Loss: +€146.45
    ROI: +29.29%....another new low

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Two scorers but only Aguero getting the first. Loss of €13.50.

Total staked: €500
    Profit/Loss: +€146.45
    ROI: +29.29%....another new low

Don't mean to moan again at ya man, but two winners out of 3 including a 1st goalscorer and it still doesn't turn profit, i;d really look at changing the system....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

It seems to be skewed towards the accumulator. If all three don't score you will probably make a loss. I might have to agree with Walnuts here!

Don't mean to moan again at ya man, but two winners out of 3 including a 1st goalscorer and it still doesn't turn profit, i;d really look at changing the system....
    chompdown wrote: »
    It seems to be skewed towards the accumulator. If all three don't score you will probably make a loss. I might have to agree with Walnuts here!

Think I may be starting to agree with you. I may drop the anytime part. I thought it might be a handy insurance and has come in twice when only one or two have got first goal. Will have a look at this to see where I can maximise profit over next couple of weeks. Too busy this week so will stick with the regular formula for now.

Players from two teams make up the top four so only two possible selections. Have done four €7.50 bets - two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Bets with Paddy Power and money back on City game if Eto'o scores.

West Brom v Suarez @ 3/1 and 4/7
    Aguero v Chelsea @ 4/1 and evens

Think I may be starting to agree with you. I may drop the anytime part. I thought it might be a handy insurance and has come in twice when only one or two have got first goal. Will have a look at this to see where I can maximise profit over next couple of weeks. Too busy this week so will stick with the regular formula for now.

Players from two teams make up the top four so only two possible selections. Have done four €7.50 bets - two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. Bets with Paddy Power and money back on City game if Eto'o scores.

Aguero is injured!

Aguero is injured!

Ah balls. I even watched him come off the other night and knew that. As I said been a busy week and just rushed into this. Anyway money is down so at least will be getting something back. Will be slightly annoyed if Toure scores now.

One loser and one non-runner. Loss of €22.50.

Total staked: €530
    Profit/Loss: +€122.95
    ROI: +23.2%...lower and lower each week

Thinking of expanding beyond top four as currently with top four I am only getting two or three players. Bigger potential profit but more risk this way. Crazy in work at the moment so probably won;t get around to it (hence the late update) but will try get time to figure something out. Think I'm on a seven or week consecutive losing streak. Will count that up as well when I get time.

• Advertisement

Just two selections avalable agian this week so two €7.50 FGS singles, a €7.50 FGS double and a €7.50 anytime double with Bet365.

Suarez v Arsenal @ 4/1 and 11/10
    Norwich v Toure @ 13/2 and 7/4

Just two selections avalable agian this week so two €7.50 FGS singles, a €7.50 FGS double and a €7.50 anytime double with Bet365.

Suarez v Arsenal @ 4/1 and 11/10
    Norwich v Toure @ 13/2 and 7/4

Neither player scoring so a loss of €30.

Total staked: €560
    Profit/Loss: +€92.95
    ROI: +16.6%...hitting new lows each week. Will continue until I hit zero. Giving me an interest if nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Switch to Sturridge!

mike65 wrote: »
    Switch to Sturridge!

Have done this week. Suarez to score is now a cert. Three selections available so a €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with BetVictor.

West Brom v Eden Hazard @ 6/1 and 15/8
    Toure v Sunderland @ 6/1 and 11/8
    Fulham v Sturridge @ 9/2 and evens

see :)

mike65 wrote: »
    see :)

Haha. Point well taken. Although as United fan I'd rather see no Liverpool strikers leading the goal scoring charts ;)

Have done this week. Suarez to score is now a cert. Three selections available so a €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with BetVictor.

West Brom v Eden Hazard @ 6/1 and 15/8
    Toure v Sunderland @ 6/1 and 11/8
    Fulham v Sturridge @ 9/2 and evens

Hazard a loser, Toure a non-runner and Sturridge a winner. Profit of €6. Not much but first profit in nine bets...everything else this side of Xmas has been a loser. Hopefully that nasty streak won't reoccur.

Total staked: €590
    Profit/Loss: +€98.95
    ROI: +16.77%

Suarez is playing a different role right now, esp against the likes of Everton and Arsenal he is being asked to drop deeper, and push wide so Sturridge is the man in the middle, until that changes I'd stick with Stu over Luis.

Rushing to get this on before KO of Chelsea game so didn't get chance to check teams. I believe Aguero is back today so have thrown him in instead of Toure. €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with Bet 365.

Hazard v Everton @ 13/2 and 7/4
    Aguero v Stoke @ 3/1 and 4/6
    Sturridge v Swansea @ 4/1 and evens

Think this is the first time where all selections have been at home so hoping for good things.

Rushing to get this on before KO of Chelsea game so didn't get chance to check teams. I believe Aguero is back today so have thrown him in instead of Toure. €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with Bet 365.

Think this is the first time where all selections have been at home so hoping for good things.

Aguero still out injured

• Advertisement

Aguero still out injured

Just reread the article I was looking at yesterday. I missed the word "soon" in the sentence "Aguero is due back soon". Just hope Toure doesn't score now. Only got home few minutes before Chelsea match so didn't have time to check.

Hazard draws a blank, Aguero a non-runner and Sturridge scores the first. Profit of €3. Annoyed with myself making a schoolboy error regarding Aguero not playing and missing another winner in Toure but I'll learn not to do all nighters and logging on at last minute to do a bet without checking line-ups.

Total staked: €620
    Profit/Loss: +€101.95
    ROI: +16.44%...record low

Top four consists of two Liverpool players and two City players. City in Capital One Cup Final so only one selcetion available. Was going to split stake down the middle ie €15 FGS single and €15 anytime single but Bet365 are top price in both markets. They do unlimited places at 1/3 odds for first goal bets and a place here would pay more than an anytime winner...so €15 e/w first goal scorer bet.

Southampton v Sturridge @ 5/1

Top four consists of two Liverpool players and two City players. City in Capital One Cup Final so only one selcetion available. Was going to split stake down the middle ie €15 FGS single and €15 anytime single but Bet365 are top price in both markets. They do unlimited places at 1/3 odds for first goal bets and a place here would pay more than an anytime winner...so €15 e/w first goal scorer bet.

Southampton v Sturridge @ 5/1

Sturridge doesn't score so a loss of €30.

Total staked: €650
    Profit/Loss: +€71.95
    ROI: +11.07%...lowest ROI so far

Top scorers at the moment are Suarez, Sturridge and Aguero in 1st-3rd and Hazard, Remy and Toure tied for fourth. Liverpool playing United so being a United fan I am not betting on Suarez or Sturridge. :o Aguero and Remy out injured so those six players have been reduced to only two possibles for me. Two €7.50 FGS singles, €7.50 FGS double and €7.50 anytime double. Bets this week with Coral.

Hull v Toure @ 7/1 and 2/1
    Aston Villa v Hazard @ 7/1 and 2/1

Top scorers at the moment are Suarez, Sturridge and Aguero in 1st-3rd and Hazard, Remy and Toure tied for fourth. Liverpool playing United so being a United fan I am not betting on Suarez or Sturridge. :o Aguero and Remy out injured so those six players have been reduced to only two possibles for me. Two €7.50 FGS singles, €7.50 FGS double and €7.50 anytime double. Bets this week with Coral.

Hull v Toure @ 7/1 and 2/1
    Aston Villa v Hazard @ 7/1 and 2/1

Neither player scoring so a loss of €30.

Total staked: €680
    Profit/Loss: +€41.95
    ROI: +6.17%

This is my lowest point in terms of both profit and ROI since I started. I think the aim now is just to stay in profit. Will continue until I am in the red and then quit as it's obviously failing. Had a bit of fun with it and probably stopped me doing random accums etc at weekend so not overly disappointed although I had hoped to get a full house of scorers - as optimistic/misguided as that hope was. Anyway, have at least another two rounds of fxtures to play with before I'm losing.

Only three selections available today due to players on same side or injuries so a €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with Coral.

Hazard v Arsenal @ 8/1 and 11/4
    Cardiff v Suarez @ 4/1 and 8/13
    Toure v Fulham @ 9/2 and 11/10

Only three selections available today due to players on same side or injuries so a €3 FGS patent and €9 anytime treble with Coral.

Hazard v Arsenal @ 8/1 and 11/4
    Cardiff v Suarez @ 4/1 and 8/13
    Toure v Fulham @ 9/2 and 11/10

A decent day at last. All three score with Toure getting the first for a profit of €100.99.

Total staked: €710
    Profit/Loss: +€142.94
    ROI: +20.13%

Onwards and upwards. At least another five weeks guaranteed now.

I know I posted here last night but can't see it now. Must not have hit submit.
    Four bets with stake of €7.50 consisting of two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. All with Boyles who pay double odds on the singles if the goal is scored in the first twenty minutes.

I backed these last night and am in work at the moment so not 100% certain what the odds were as can't check bookies sites from here but believe the below are accurate.

Arsenal v Toure @ 13/2 and 11/5
    Sturridge v Tottenham @ 7/2 and 11/10

• Advertisement

I know I posted here last night but can't see it now. Must not have hit submit.
    Four bets with stake of €7.50 consisting of two FGS singles, an FGS double and an anytime double. All with Boyles who pay double odds on the singles if the goal is scored in the first twenty minutes.

I backed these last night and am in work at the moment so not 100% certain what the odds were as can't check bookies sites from here but believe the below are accurate.

Arsenal v Toure @ 13/2 and 11/5
    Sturridge v Tottenham @ 7/2 and 11/10

Chose the wrong Liverpool player again. Loss of €30 with neither player scoring.

Total staked: €740
    Profit/Loss: +€112.94
    ROI: +15.26%

Advertisement