Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Cleaning

• 24-11-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭

Who's cleans Wheelie bins in Limerick?

There is some "honk" off mine and I haven't the energy to be getting down with that smell.

I can only think of the guy who lives out by the Crescent with the green trailer thing but I don't know the name of the company.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is the green trailor by the Crescent not for cleaning dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There was some truck that used to call about 2-3 years ago to clean wheelie bins but have not seen it in a while, cant
    remember the name of the company.

If there is a smell surprisingly Jeyes Powder works great
    and can be got from tesco. Its a black crystal like powder that
    has an extremely strong smell that elimantes bad odours.
    (but the smell it replace it with is a very very strong disinfectant like smell that is pretty pungent)
    http://www.jeyes.co.uk/jeyesfluidFDP.htm

Never seen the Lemon varient locally:
    http://www.jeyes.co.uk/jeyesfluidLF.htm

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Berty wrote: »
    I can only think of the guy who lives out by the Crescent with the green trailer thing but I don't know the name of the

That would be Emerald Pooch (Declan Nash) mobile dog grooming service but for months I've yet to see the trailer move from outside the house.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bullets wrote: »
    That would be Emerald Pooch (Declan Nash) mobile dog grooming service but for months I've yet to see the trailer move from outside the house.

~B

Damn my missus for agreeing with me so :mad:. Now that I think of it, it looks like a dog and not a wheelie bin.

If it hasn't moved then maybe he should consider washing bins. He can start with mine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

If you are a customer of MR. BINMAN - they will clean your bin for you at a price - or used to anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Fire some milton or domestos and some boiling water in the bin. If no one is looking, tip a cat in. They'll try to get out of the bin, agitating the mixture. You may need 2-3 cats.

Or leave out the cats and use a brush or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

MarkR wrote: »
    Fire some milton or domestos and some boiling water in the bin. If no one is looking, tip a cat in. They'll try to get out of the bin, agitating the mixture. You may need 2-3 cats.

Or leave out the cats and use a brush or something.

That should get it wheelie clean alright.

:)
    ---> Gets coat --->

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

Best thing to do is to open the Lid, dump your rubbish bags in and leave.

- I wouldn't be setting up my Hi-Fi system beside it and reading New Scientist articles etc.

:P

Or is there green lines on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Powerhose and soapy water

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm going to go with Raiser on this one. My mother in law cleaned the inside of our bin before. Said it was very dirty. Of course it was. I was throwing rubbish in it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement