Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with the Hyundai Terracan?

• 09-05-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Not that I will be buying anytime soon ...just curious ...

Couldn't help but notice that decent, low mileage examples are advertised for very cheap money. On paper, these yokes look like good workhorses, but they seem to have a bad rep ...why is that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Sat in one a while ago.

Seemed nice enough and the finish inside was very comfy.

Not sure why the never became popular. The Sante Fe seems to be a far better seller. Dont know why, the Sante Fe has a transverse mounted lump so it has the awkward diff/box arrangement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Bad marketing if you ask me.
    They were built as proper jeeps, I think, like the old Pajeros, but were being sold as something else.
    I'd quite fancy one myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

Not much wrong with them only they're thirsty. And I think the timing belt change on them might be an expensive job (open to correction on that, I was considering loads of big 4x4s lately). They seem grand otherwise, a good workhorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Restarting this as I'm interested in more feedback on the Hyundai Terracan - Good, Bad or Indifferent. I'm not wild about the looks, but they seem to be a good Workhorse that can now be bought cheap. Toyota Landcruisers (undisputed king in this class) of similar vintage go for 4 X the price so you could technically buy 2 X Terracans and use one as a Spare while the other is being fixed and they'll still cost half the price of 1 X Landcruiser. You will get the money back on the Landcruiser though, if you were to sell it on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They did have an issue with the fuel pump disintegrating and wrecking the injectors and fuel lines with microscopic swarf.
    Otherwise they're quite likeable but nowhere near as usable as a LC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Thanks colm. I came across this interesting article after reading your post.
    http://forum.australia4wd.com/index.php?/topic/7279-crdi-fuel-pumps/

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Thirsty. Neighbour recently got one and took out the back seats etc and commercial taxed it.Got it for 2K . 05 with one lady driver.

Advertisement