Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Office 365 User with multiple emails

• 22-11-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi have setup and Office 365 Plan 1 with two domains. Most users get their email to one or other domain but I have two who want to send and receive emails from both domains

i.e. john@domain1.com and john@domain2.com

I setup the user and added an alias which works fine in terms of receiving emails from both domains but this will only all him to send email from the primary domain.

I then created a distribution group called john@domain2.com and added the user john@domain1.com as a member. Again this worked in terms of receiving but I have no option to send an email from john@domain2.com

Any ideas of what I need to do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

If you want to send from multiple addresses, you need a license for each address you want to send from. No other way around it afaik, had this issue with some clients at a previous job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have you tried creating a shared mailbox with the second domain and giving send as rights to the user?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It's not possible. You'll need to create 2 mailboxes or make john@domain2.com a shared mailbox to john@domain1.com.

It's not possible with Exchange 2013 either, you can only send from the primary email.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

Thanks for the replies guys. I setup a POP account in outlook that will allow the user to send email from domain2. Not ideal but it works.

Advertisement