Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roundwood / Laragh road surface (Anamoe)

• 18-06-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Not sure if theres a thread to file this in but just thought to report a pretty bad road surface in the Anamoe, co Wicklow area today and probably the next few days, they seem to be laying hot tar over the existing surface, which isn't cooling fast enough for them because of the heat... little stones and globs of it everywhere too.... absolutely ruined a set of tires on me and then the soles of my cycling shoes when I had to stop for a set of lights a bit.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Probably means that there will be chippings laid as well. Just as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Fcuking Wicklow CC again..

They did patch work on the Newcastle coast road last weekend yet missed the major potholes-The machine sprays WAAAAY too much of these very sharp chippings that just shred slicks..

They did such a bad job of missing the holes that one poor lad went straight into one just short of the old fruit farm outside Newcastle village-ended up in an ambulance on a backboard with his family looking on on Father's Day-I really hope he was ok.

Very new looking Ridley frame snapped in two...

I counted 14 puncture victims at the start of the WW200/100 before we even got past 7am on the way to Kilmac.

For some of the most cycled roads in the country, the upkeep is deplorable.

There is a cluster of 3 potholes on the end of the ramp exit into Delgany village just waiting to buckle your rim or lose control at the roundabout.

And you wouldn't mind-the roads around Annamoe are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

serious amount of loose chippings on the run into blessington from valleymount.. sounded like my bike was shot with a shotgun going over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

ckeego wrote: »
    Hang your head in shame, county manager.

Boards rules prevent me from explaining how low down the list of things that man should hang his head in shame for, your reason is....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Boards rules prevent me from explaining how low down the list of things that man should hang his head in shame for, your reason is....

I know exactly where you are coming from on this point, and yes, you are 100% correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Anyone able to provide an update on this?

Are the chippings between Roundwood and Annamoe or do they go all the way to Laragh? How have they been flattened over the past 10 days by cars?

Advertisement