Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks in Japan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Cabbage patch !!!
    [IMG][/img]7NG04er.jpg
    One week later
    sHowqG8.jpg

More profitable to "Grow" Electricity to light up Tokyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

can I ask what accomodation costs are like in Japan? Can a couple travelling together find b&bs or else double rooms in hostels for around €50 a night or is that typically too low. I know the cities will obviously be more expensive but I'm just looking to get an idea of costs there. Also are attractions expensive, like what would you pay for the A-Bomb Muesum for example.

Finally has airbnb spread much over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    can I ask what accomodation costs are like in Japan? Can a couple travelling together find b&bs or else double rooms in hostels for around €50 a night or is that typically too low. I know the cities will obviously be more expensive but I'm just looking to get an idea of costs there. Also are attractions expensive, like what would you pay for the A-Bomb Muesum for example.

Finally has airbnb spread much over there?

I mostly stayed in airbnb places when I was there in December.
    Rented 2 apartments in Kyoto and Tokyo and then stayed with a couple in Hiroshima. Seemed to be a lot of places available on the website.

Didn't stay in any hostels but I imagine 50€ should be doable if you're not fussy about location. Have a look around booking.com.

Costs are generally very reasonable. The Peace Memorial Museum in Hiroshoma was around 1€ for entry IIRC, although that's on the low side. There's a lot to see for free and food there isn't expensive if you go to noodle places. I ate a lot of kitsune udon, which was never over 5€ and very filling.

Advertisement