Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music DIT - easy to get in????

• 10-11-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have an audition for DT501 Music in DIT next year March/April. I play piano and passed grade 8 just wondering for anyone who is in this course to tell me your experiences on the audition and the pieces you played.

I have Rachmaninoff Prelude Op.3 no.2 in c sharp minor ready and probably Chopin Waltz Op.64 No.3 in A flat Major ready for the audition.

Would these pieces be acceptable as "two contrasting pieces" or should I play something harder/more difficult??

Yeah would love a few replies about your audition process, mainly piano ppl and your experiences on the course itself, thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kenobee

If your grade 8 is RIAM you may find DIT standard a bit higher. I am not sure about requirements at that high level. I got in at grade 2 and could not really advise on your pieces but I would select pieces you can perform with confidence rather than struggle with complicated pieces.

Advertisement