Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling forum Raid Pyrénéen trip 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

ROK ON wrote: »
    With 10 of us on the road, we should have enough for 2 to 3 rough groups.
    The reality is that Astra and Capt Havoc are significantly faster on the climbs that I am (I dont know the rest of ye).
    Manafana - on the basis that you could speak when we went up Cruagh, I am putting you in the climber category.
    Lenny, looking at your Strava times and mine - they are remarkably close. So I guess thats group 3 sorted.

yeah id say we would be close enough allright. the groups will work themselves out after one or two climbs tho i think. i like the slow and steady approach. :) Im still bringing my ipod tho!!

Planet X wrote: »
    Anyone on for this weekend then? I'm going out Thursday afternoon and twice over the weekend. A long spin, 5+ hrs. on one of the days. Takers?

wont make this weekend unfortunately. There are several pints in a pub with my name on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I am hoping to get in a 150km cycle on Friday, but wont be in Dublin this w/e.

If there are any events in the calendar that people are doing in April or May, then post here and I will try and get to some of them.

I am thinking of the following (but some are down south so may not suit).

April 7: http://www.etaperasmumhan.com/

April 14: Kilmallock CC Hub Tour (120km and lumpy)

April 22: http://www.killorglincycling.com/?page_id=150

I will be in Dublin the w/e of 27 April

5 May: Orwell Wheelers Randonee
    6 May: Slieve Bloom Challenge

19 May: http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=33

27 May: Mick Byrne 200.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm on for Saturday. For dog tags, I don't bother, I always carry my CI license, bank card and blood doner card. Only problem with 7am start is a lot of places don't start serving breakfast until 8. I'm all on for being at the breakfast table each day at opening time. In terms of depart, I also had 9am start to finish at 13h00. In relation to routes and maps, yes I had intended to print out a direction sheet. I also intended on having a nightly get together to discuss the next day, I think Coronal will confirm that I'm not overly meticulous but I'm no daw either and can deal with just about any situation that may arise (involving the bicycle). Print out maps can be woeful and there's no substitute for a regional map that you buy in a shop. We also have at least two French speakers so we're grand on that score.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I'm on for Saturday. For dog tags, I don't bother, I always carry my CI license, bank card and blood doner card. Only problem with 7am start is a lot of places don't start serving breakfast until 8. I'm all on for being at the breakfast table each day at opening time. In terms of depart, I also had 9am start to finish at 13h00. In relation to routes and maps, yes I had intended to print out a direction sheet. I also intended on having a nightly get together to discuss the next day, I think Coronal will confirm that I'm not overly meticulous but I'm no daw either and can deal with just about any situation that may arise (involving the bicycle). Print out maps can be woeful and there's no substitute for a regional map that you buy in a shop. We also have at least two French speakers so we're grand on that score.

meetings are good idea, gives us an idea and helps people plan ahead stops etc, il also have a french sim on me with data, so il be able to use my maps, bar the big climbs id like to keep with someone.
    might get a tag of some sort myself

• Advertisement

I also intended on having a nightly get together to discuss the next day,

is this where we discuss who is going to attack? :)

lennymc wrote: »
    is this where we discuss who is going to attack? :)

we dont need to discuss that, it will be you.

manafana wrote: »
    we dont need to discuss that, it will be you.
    dear god no, there will be none of that tom larkery in the pyrenees!!

anyone up for this on the 1st april? 200km audax
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056575755

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

If I am not in Madrid I ll be doing it (although I honestly prefer to be in Madrid for the weekend :) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I intend on doing Kilorglin at the end of April as I'll be on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

If you come down a day early I could show you some fantastic route around the Beara peninsula. Real classics type route.

ROK ON wrote: »
    If you come down a day early I could show you some fantastic route around the Beara peninsula. Real classics type route.

I've a wedding on the Friday so I won't be in a condition to go anywhere on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Anyone on for this weekend then? I'm going out Thursday afternoon and twice over the weekend. A long spin, 5+ hrs. on one of the days. Takers?

I'll try and make it, I'll pm my number.

coastwatch wrote: »
    I'll try and make it, I'll pm my number.

We meet under the bridge in Dundrum as per usual?

anyone heading out sunday or monday, will only have leg stretcher saturday morning.

Saturday or Sunday, time? I haven't been on any of the raiders spins yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

coastwatch wrote: »

Saturday or Sunday, time? I haven't been on any of the raiders spins yet.

I'll go out both days but I like to go early as in 8am. or thereabouts.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I can't do Saturday, but I ll be out on Sunday, probably not for 8am start.. too cruel after Paddy's day.

I can only do Saturday.

• Advertisement

I can only do Saturday.

Right then. Tighten it up a little.
    Dundrum/Bridge Sat. 9am. 4/5 hour spin.
    Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I'm not doing this trip, but have been out for a spin with lennymc and manafana...is there any chance I could join in on your Saturday and/or Monday spins? No club spin this weekend I don't think and could use a bit of company during a weekend spin :o

Hey Colm, I'm sure you'd be very welcome.

Afternoon spin. 53k, 575m Gain elevation. 2hr.20min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I can only do Saturday.

Huh?
    Are ye still going ahead with this? Can I tag along?

colm_gti wrote: »
    I can only do Saturday.

Huh?

Sure. Luas Bridge 9am.

colm_gti wrote: »

colm if you want head out monday pm me. Lads if your going out sunday im game

Sure. Luas Bridge 9am.

whats the planned route 2moro i may tag along for bit just meet some of lads

Would like to do Sally and Wicklow Gaps. See how the lads feel.

• Advertisement

Want to get in and out quick because the weather seems to be closing in in the afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement