Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just picked up Sound Shapes as it's half price at the moment and I have to say it's brilliant. I thought it was going to be like Lumines which I didn't get into at all but it's more of a platform-type game and the way the sound is worked into it is ingenious. Well worth it at the price it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Chaps, best place to get Vita games in Cork city? Gamestop has only second hand games, Smyths usually has a poor selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

has anyone got the demo for Soul Sacrifice, I thought there was multiplayer available for the demo but when i try play it says its not available anymore. is this because its gone on general release?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    has anyone got the demo for Soul Sacrifice, I thought there was multiplayer available for the demo but when i try play it says its not available anymore. is this because its gone on general release?

Yes, it's because it has been released. Only ad-hoc co-op multiplayer is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Yup, multiplayer was only there till the end of last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

Orizio wrote: »
    Chaps, best place to get Vita games in Cork city? Gamestop has only second hand games, Smyths usually has a poor selection.

Smyths were selling some Vita games cheap a few weeks ago, not sure of the prices now. argos have little big planet for €20 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:eek: €60 in Gamestop this evening for Soul Sacrafice, it's bloody near half that on the PSN, between that and the two Ninjini figures I will be spending €100 on games tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

:eek: €60 in Gamestop this evening for Soul Sacrafice, it's bloody near half that on the PSN, between that and the two Ninjini figures I will be spending €100 on games tomorrow.

hahaha what a joke, I don't even walk into the place any more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt? 60 euro? so it's what,30,40 on the psn store?

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt? 60 euro? so it's what,30,40 on the psn store?

its 35 at the minute and the pre order gets you a few bits and pieces too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

its 35 at the minute and the pre order gets you a few bits and pieces too

I might have to get that so :-\

I might have to get that so :-\

that pre order stuff is only up for another few hours so if you do want those things might as well pick it up tonight. its a tempting offer alright, I really enjoyed the demo

Here's hoping it's a **** up on the price to be honest, I prefer to buy legit games rather than digital, if it comes in at €40 tomorrow I would pay that but €60, or rather €59.99 is way too much for a console game let alone a handheld one. Jebus this really is the writing on the wall, no HMV + no GAME make robbingbandit a sad boy. We need Grainger Games or GAME or HMV to open here again in some form or another lest we be buggered by Gamestop for ever more.

that pre order stuff is only up for another few hours so if you do want those things might as well pick it up tonight. its a tempting offer alright, I really enjoyed the demo

Downloading now.

It is €39.99 now price changed at 10am this morning,fcuktards do this all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have a fair few games stored on my computer and at this stage I wouldn't mind moving them to a hard drive. Am I going to have much hassle changing over the content manager? Also, in the hypothetical situation of a harddrive ever crashing and losing the games, would I just be able to redownload them or would I have to pay for them again?

Something that really annoys me about the vita is that when your trying to download a game and if the screen goes off the download pauses.

Something that really annoys me about the vita is that when your trying to download a game and if the screen goes off the download pauses.

That doesn't happen for me, downloads away while the vita is in standy by

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

tok9 wrote: »
    That doesn't happen for me, downloads away while the vita is in standy by

I seem to see a mix of it.
    Definitely saw it for the Thomas is Alone game but not for others.

I have a fair few games stored on my computer and at this stage I wouldn't mind moving them to a hard drive. Am I going to have much hassle changing over the content manager? Also, in the hypothetical situation of a harddrive ever crashing and losing the games, would I just be able to redownload them or would I have to pay for them again?

I don't think you'll have too much hassle.. Just connectr via usb.

You can redownload the games no problem even if you lose the game data. It won't cost you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Taltos wrote: »
    I seem to see a mix of it.
    Definitely saw it for the Thomas is Alone game but not for others.

Downloads stop if you turn the screen off manually, but not if it turns itself off

ShaneU wrote: »
    Downloads stop if you turn the screen off manually, but not if it turns itself off

Maybe that's why it was happening so.......ah well it's downloaded now anyway :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I wish Persona wasn't so long as I am neglecting too many games and holding off on Soul Sacrifice until I complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wish Persona wasn't so long as I am neglecting too many games and holding off on Soul Sacrifice until I complete it.

I am in same pot, but with MH3 on 3ds. 50h in and stil not even half way in... After that I got fire emblem... So I will hold off on Soul sacrifice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I am in same pot, but with MH3 on 3ds. 50h in and stil not even half way in... After that I got fire emblem... So I will hold off on Soul sacrifice :(

And I upgraded to a 3DS XL and bought a GBA SP and a flash card.:(. So I have restarted Ocarina of Time and am halfway through Luigi's Mansion.

how well do the ps 1 games translate to the vita, mainly thinking of the ff games and metal gear solid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

how well do the ps 1 games translate to the vita, mainly thinking of the ff games and metal gear solid

In before Retro starts on about 50/60hz

But seriously, the rear touch pad replaces the R2/L2 and you can use the analogue sticks the same as with the original controllers. Saves can be transferred to the PSP or PS3, the Vita stores the saves with each game (be careful when deleting a game as you may get rid of the save) while the other 2 consoles store the saves on virtual memory cards.

The games will run as they did originally with some options that can change performance (not got mine with me), if you buy a US game it'll be the same as an imported US game back then and if you get a EU game it be the same as an EU game back then. This pisses people off as some games back then had bad pal conversion and will run differently compared to the "better" NTSC versions (there are some timing based issues as well on certain games), using a game from the american store means getting this NTSC version but you have to sort out an american account and you're only able to have 1 account on a VIta at a time.

Not Vita specific but I just finished Guacamelee! playing only on Vita and I loved it.

Highly recommend everyone to buy the game and it's perfect for the vita too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm just playing around with remote play and am wondering is it possible to use it if I'm in another country? What I mean is can you turn the ps3 on remotely and go from there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,768 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varik wrote: »
    The games will run as they did originally with some options that can change performance (not got mine with me), if you buy a US game it'll be the same as an imported US game back then and if you get a EU game it be the same as an EU game back then. This pisses people off as some games back then had bad pal conversion and will run differently compared to the "better" NTSC versions (there are some timing based issues as well on certain games), using a game from the american store means getting this NTSC version but you have to sort out an american account and you're only able to have 1 account on a VIta at a time.

The differences is a bit worse than that. Practically every PS1 game had an awful PAL conversion (an exception would be Kula World). It's not that they will run differently, it's that they run significantly slower which makes them more sluggish and introduces lag to the controls. In a nut shell the US versions play an awful lot better.

If it was for PSP I'd say go US all the way but with the Vita it's such a pain in the ass to change that it's not that simple. Just be aware you are getting an inferior version before you buy it. If you don't care go for it. Ignorance is blis after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement