Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

its way more fun in multi player.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,740 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

quarryman wrote: »
    Also there seems to be snow on everything? Does that go away?
    You started in a tundra. Before the halloween patch worlds were either grass or tundra. Now Notch has installed regions and climates, called Biomes:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Biomes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Got your PM with the IP Tallon but it says the connection is timing out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Yeah, I'm timing out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There's loads of us on with it though

Try again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Why on earth was I banned?

Because you wouldn't listen

Edit: Your unbanned now, stop messing, and if your asked to do something by one of the admins, please do it

Tallon wrote: »
    Because you wouldn't listen

To what? You said "stop messing with the carts", I hopped in it once, then again when you were moving them, which is where I got stuck.

I did not ruin anything for anyone, how is that a reason to ban me?

I'm not going to argue with you. your unbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Nice setup guys.

I made no contribution whatsoever, just had a good snoop around.

Cherryghost: Apologies, I think I lost your boat. I put it in the water but things got laggy and I couldnt get in. It seemed to jump around and flicker, then went away forever. I owe you one boat.

• Advertisement

I lost a boat a couple days ago. No matter, boats are easier to get outta the way than carts, i just wish they were all destructible.

Speaking of destructible I was thinking about blowing up charges in the desert for lulz but then I found this video: I could never possibly out-do it

There's loads of us on with it though

Try again
    that itself could have been a problem. hard to say if its minecraft or the server stability, I guess we just have to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

This is my tower with a bit added. I put in torches, made a column of water going from the top to the bottom and added lots of portals, thanks to cherryghosts suggestions!

tower2.png

There's usually stuff in the background, but the lag is so bad tonight it wouldn't even load.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you want a PM each time the IP changes please leave your

You could use a DynDNS client, so you can give people a domain name instead that updates automatically instead of giving out a fresh IP manually every time.

www.dyndns.org

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Made this tonight as my first effort, showing how much I love Minecraft.

NewBitmapImage.jpg

Also built this if anyone wants to try it. Thanks for all the glass guys. It's a crystal maze. Directions from the common item boxes if anyone is interested in giving it a go. Please don't cheat by kncking down the glass, took long enough to make!

NewBitmapImage2-1.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Made this tonight as my first effort, showing how much I love Minecraft.

NewBitmapImage.jpg
    lol slow to try it but a rapid convert :pac:

Tried to rodeo a chicken and see if it would die if I trapped it with a block of TNT... I wish I had fraps running at the time, it was an epic battle. The chicken had the upper edge, living on the server with zero latency.

edit: The server has gotten unplayably sluggish by this point now and im the only guy on it at the time of edit. I toured around for about 15 minutes (y'all got nice places) only to find the server then "corrected" my position back to where I was 15 minutes previous. Meaning I effectively was able to do nothing during that time :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Guys, no offense to Tallon, he got this group set up, but do you think we should move the world file to cherryghosts webcafe? It will be a faster link and up all the time it also wont be draining the resources of Tallons pc.

Mount Tallon will still be there.

It's not draining my PC, it's a dedicated one so thats the only thing thats running on it.

I was thinking about starting a new server soon, but if Cherry wants to setup his own, I have no issues with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Can I get access please? My minecraft name is the same as my boards name. oeb

Also, is it alpha or classic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I also had a nice wander through the place!

TBH coming from single player mode its almost over whelming to see all these massive buildings, i just didnt know where to start, so i didnt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

myself and tallon discussed maybe setting up a new world every month, but keeping the old world folders.

so this world for instance is "world 1"
    on the first of december we will create a "world 2"
    on the first of janruary we will create "world 3"
    and so on.......

creating different worlds will cut down the lag as the files will be brand new again and fresh. and of course it means that anyone can come in and create anything, all over again.

what say you lot?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I honestly dont mind. Theres no lag issues on the server with 3/4 people in it, once it goes over that the problems come in. I just want the world uploaded damnit! I honestly don't think it's Tal's connection, just too many server calculations IMO, which is why restarting a world once a month, or every 2 months even, is a good idea. Every time a new world is started, the old can be uploaded for people to continue on in single player.

I plan on making a solid gold bank, but to get the gold ore I'd be taking lots of stabs in the dark. At least with the world, I could scan, upload the geology and pinpoint out to everyone the juicy underworld to the server players :pac:

Also, epic @retr0 and kersmash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

quarryman wrote: »
    Nice setup guys.

I made no contribution whatsoever, just had a good snoop around.

Cherryghost: Apologies, I think I lost your boat. I put it in the water but things got laggy and I couldnt get in. It seemed to jump around and flicker, then went away forever. I owe you one boat.

Tis alright, not my boat, think it was Tallons :o

It was overheals, sources say he's devestated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I plan on making a solid gold bank, but to get the gold ore I'd be taking lots of stabs in the dark. At least with the world, I could scan, upload the geology and pinpoint out to everyone the juicy underworld to the server players :pac:

Also, epic @retr0 and kersmash

MinecraftAM does it on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 IrishSf 1993

I'm no longer even able to log into server as of 16:10, I just get a timed out:(

I'll be home within the hour and I'll test it then

I just joined and some weird stuff is going on :(

• Advertisement

Like what? I cant get in from multiple machines or accounts

Advertisement