Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

• 08-09-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Valerie Cox out “investigating” rubbish again.
    I could understand how a one-off piece about illegal dumping could be interesting, but a weekly piece where she roots through sh1te is just boring.

Literally the same crap every week.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I have to disagree with you there Poly.
    I think its a good idea to highlight the problem of illegal dumping on a regular basis. Its a disgusting practice and those who carry it out deserve to be named and shamed. A once off report on the problem would soon be forgotten.
    At the very least, Valerie Cox's regular reports help to keep the issue in the public conscience. I would like to see follow up reports on the outcome of the court judgments against those who were caught dumping illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Lapin wrote: »
    I would like to see follow up reports on the outcome of the court judgments against those who were caught dumping illegally.

Better still, name them on air and put the names on a 'wall of shame' on the RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

well pat, im here now with a 15 yr old boy and he found a bag on the street. can you believe that pat... a bag ..just blowing on the street ..?
    oh and pat ...we also saw a fox..didnt we derek...ha haa ha ok bye pat.

is this woman actually real?
    somedays i think shes a japanese robot roaming around programmed to be shocked at everything..

oh pat would you believe it...its a horse..yes a horse in field...now ..who owns this horse...etc etc

anyway:eek: lets hope it all ends soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

coylemj wrote: »
    Better still, name them on air and put the names on a 'wall of shame' on the RTE website.

It's kind of pointless unless they name them on air.. otherwise it's just the same story over and over again.

ffs... having a cup of coffee here, and Kenny is talking about palaps and rectal bleeding... could he not have warned about the graphic nature of the segment. :confused:

• Advertisement

ffs... having a cup of coffee here, and JonathonAnon is posting items about palaps etc... could he not have warned about the graphic nature of his posts. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ffs... having a cup of coffee here, and Kenny is talking about palaps and rectal bleeding... could he not have warned about the graphic nature of the segment. :confused:
    The introduction with the words 'bowel cancer' not enough of a warning for you, no??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

I heard the 1st report on the litter and in fairness was fairly disgusting especially with the dead cat in the black bag. Not alot of current affiars on at that time of the day and does so some good topics. better listening to him then watching him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

yeah, they covered it last September, or the September before, I remember. It was funny, they were hammering people whose names appeared on bits of litter. When it was reported that bits of RTE scripts with Pat Kenny's name on them floating around Nutley lane or some such place, he just laughed it off...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Well this what happens when the half hour is put back onto the show when there's still not a huge amount news about.

I liked the segment but thought it shoulda moved on a bit more on its second outting. So I just settled for listening to VC as I just like her. She can really put across the right level of empathy with her subject. Solid and yet homely investigative work usually.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    The introduction with the words 'bowel cancer' not enough of a warning for you, no??

I was in the kitchen getting a bowel of cornflakes...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I was in the kitchen getting a bowel of cornflakes...

I think he recommended Bran Flakes.

humberklog wrote: »
    I think he recommended Bran Flakes.

ha haaa.. I just cant win today.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Another riveting episode of "ditch watch".
    It's like "murder she wrote" except with old nappies.

I wonder what happens?

I can imagine when they approach people about their rubbish, they just say "I have no idea how my rubbish got there" and they have no case against them.

Pat kenny is getting some bollicking from Noel Whelan.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Pat kenny is getting some bollicking from Noel Whelan.. lol

yeah - fair play to Whelan, Kenny isn't used to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

tbh wrote: »
    yeah - fair play to Whelan, Kenny isn't used to this!

It takes more than Noel Whelan's lame attempts to defend Brian Cowen/Fianna Fail to fluster Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

Poly wrote: »
    Another riveting episode of "ditch watch".
    It's like "murder she wrote" except with old nappies.

I wonder what happens?

ha ha ha, very good.!!!!

• Advertisement

After the last half an hour I've come to realise that Pat likes nothing better than a good old natter about science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hardly a surprise given his academic background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I enjoyed the science class. Ditch watch was thrilling too :rolleyes:.

I hear next week she has an exclusive on someone who put cardboard in the black bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

theyre not STILL doing that are they ?

jesus wept.

theres only so much hysterical "OMG" about a nappie you can take.

FFS its not plutionium. it like listening to CSI wickla !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Just occurs to me, re "Wickla" comment, has Valerie Cox ever been Northside for any of her reports?

delaad wrote: »
    Just occurs to me, re "Wickla" comment, has Valerie Cox ever been Northside for any of her reports?

No, but she's rummaged through all the rubbish they dumped on the Southside though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

No, but she's rummaged through all the rubbish they dumped on the Southside though...

Not suggesting that she'ld find more rubbish there or anything - shur everybuddy nose the nordside's so devastay-hed be the receshun, de peepul dere cant even afford rubbish. No, its just Ms Cox never ventures north. More D4 Southside comfort zonism, maybe?

Just heard the start of yesterdays programme on the night repeat.

According to PK, relations between France and Germany are at a "new low."

Well thats all we need. Will those Germans ever learn ?

Or maybe it was the French who started it this time.

Either way, I wonder if we'll stay neutral this time round. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭GSF

Worse than WW2 then according to Pat? :eek:

Any reports of peanut shells littering the Dalkey area?

• Advertisement

After hearing this, I used Google Earth to focus in on the Ardennes region, but alas no tanks.. Disappointed Pat, disappointed..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement