Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hairdresser in limerick city

• 09-08-2010 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

hey i will be moving down to limerick in the next week or so from galway. so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a hairdressers in the city for a normal cut and ash blonde highlights. i have been to peter mark once down in limerick but wasnt overly pushed with them as it was abit of a rush job and not very personal as i feel it can be in some peter mark chains.
    i would go as a last resort (if someone could recommend a good stylist there) but would love the find a gem of a place down there as i have in galway (will be sad to go)
    thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Hey Pixysarah,
    I found myself in the exact same situation as you there in March. Used to go to Zenith in Galway, was toying with the idea of going back up to them coz I liked them so much but it just wasn't practical. I go to Bellissimo now (same as the one on the Headford Rd. in Galway even though I had never been in to that one). Had a colour correction first (to fix an absolute DISASTER someone else was responsible for) and been back since for another half head. I've found them good at what they do, quite reasonable and there's free parking which is also handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just to add here (jesus we're all haircuts today, lol), but that i'd just second belissimo, my wife goes there to the academy in belisimo its called- trainee stylists who will do a great job for about €15, thats a wash, cut, blow dry, or what ever it is ye girls get done! :D

basically she used go to marbles, but was never REALLY happy with the cut and style when she came out, but she went down to the academy there about two weeks ago and she was delighted with herself coming out.

so she recommended them to her sister who was also well happy with her haircut and style! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I go to Melo Yelo. Highly recommend Amanda for cut. Have always been happy with colour too when I used to colour my hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Blueskye wrote: »
    I go to Melo Yelo. Highly recommend Amanda for cut. Have always been happy with colour too when I used to colour my hair.

I second Amanda for a cut, I find her brill.

With regard to the Academy in Bellissimo I went there for my highlights for the first time a few weeks back and while the price was great, (€40 for a full head rather than the usual €110) they didn't do as good a job as I would have hoped.
    Defo worth a chance though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

thanks guys will give the academy at bellissimo (sp) a go is there a place where you can see when the trainees are doing the cuts and colours or are they there the whole time?? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 O_L

pixysarah wrote: »
    thanks guys will give the academy at bellissimo (sp) a go is there a place where you can see when the trainees are doing the cuts and colours or are they there the whole time?? thanks

Hey pixysarah...hate when you've to move from someone you're happy with. Girl i get to do my hair did the course in bellissimo couple of years ago. Stylist someplace else now but she also does it from other peoples homes. I just call her and ask her when can she fit me in in the evenings and she gives me a day. Lots of people using her from home. She's a wonderwoman with the scissors and colours and reasonable too for what you get. Ally - 0870939903 in case you want to try her out. Comes highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

O_L wrote: »
    Hey pixysarah...hate when you've to move from someone you're happy with. Girl i get to do my hair did the course in bellissimo couple of years ago. Stylist someplace else now but she also does it from other peoples homes. I just call her and ask her when can she fit me in in the evenings and she gives me a day. Lots of people using her from home. She's a wonderwoman with the scissors and colours and reasonable too for what you get. Ally - 0870939903 in case you want to try her out. Comes highly recommended.

I call Shenanigans.

- O_L joins Boards.ie and oddly enough their first 3 posts are recommending this Person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

You should be a dectective Raiser

Raiser wrote: »
    I call Shenanigans.

- O_L joins Boards.ie and oddly enough their first 3 posts are recommending this Person?

Raiser I hate to say but you wouldn't mke a very good detective...It was actually my mother who used this part of the service yesterday...I had joined in Jan 2010 and not yesterday as you made out... I just hadnt used this part of the service...I have though Raiser used a lot of other sites related and similiar to boards.ie under the same username so maybe you should do a bit of homework before jumpin to your little conclusions while sitting at home doing nothing...rubbing ur hands together as if you had done something so important with your day...!:rolleyes: Glad you've so much time on your hands!!

You should be a dectective Raiser

Maybe you should take the same advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

O_L wrote: »
    Maybe you should take the same advice.

What advice?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

O_L, stop taking things so personally. If we all got so wound up about people cracking jokes on the Internet we'd have pulled our hair out from the roots by this stage!

Raiser, you've been posting here for 6 years. If you want to call shenanigans or to highlight something for our attention, use the report.gif button.

Now, back to the topic of hairdressing please.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Roisinbunny

Hey, Can I just get a recommendation here too? I haven't heard great things about Bellisimo (although my brother in law will only ever go there). I heard they were overpriced for what they do. I used to go to the same stylist in Halo always but now I'm moving on. I have been to Amanda in Melo Yelo but really hated the cut I got. Has anyone tried Willow in Raheen? Any idea who runs it or what they're like? I'm trying to find a good stylist I suppose out of the city centre cos I think a lot are overpriced and hyped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jenandberrys

I went to Melo Yelo yesterday and was really upset by their impersonal manner. Whilst the girl who was colouring my hair (I think her name was Karen) was lovely, the guy who cut my hair (also the manager) didn't try to engage with what i had to say regarding my hair and most other things. He seemed to be focused mainly on not talking to me, other than to tell me how damaged my hair was at the ends... The girl who blowdried my hair spent the whole process in silence, acted as if I was putting her out by having to do my hair and when she was done, walked away without saying a word. I paid a lot of money to go there and after 3 hours and having done nothing wrong, I was miserable.I had been there before and had a great experience but after yesterday I wouldn't ever go back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement