Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

liam7831 wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone know anything about the best football club to join around Citywest.

Prob just junior grade im 27 now.

Thanks for any feedback guys

St Marks in Tallaght.

http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=114712002207241994198.0004894dd8bf581253c15&ll=53.419354,-6.27594&spn=0.775865,2.469177&z=9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Peace wrote: »

Might look into rathcoole saggart area aswell if anyone has any info on those, cheers

Might look into rathcoole saggart area aswell if anyone has any info on those, cheers

Only club i know in that area is Commercials and they are hurling only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Peace wrote: »
    Only club i know in that area is Commercials and they are hurling only.

Oh ok so thanks for the info bud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels 2012
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 27,56,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams had a decent season in 2011 and will be looking to progress a step further next year,first team just missed out on promotion and got to semi final of junior championship and second team lost out in promotion playoff game.

We will be starting training on 9th January and train every monday and wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 bronty

Hi guys anyone know anything about the best football club to join around Citywest.

Prob just junior grade im 27 now.

Thanks for any feedback guys

Only 27 is that all you are???

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Club Name:Réalt Dearg Hurling Club
    Code : Hurling
    Level played:Junior E and Junior F, Division 7 and Division 9 in Championship
    Contact details:realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com www.realtdearg.ie
    Any other info: Réalt Dearg is one of the newest clubs in the country if not the newest. We were founded in Nov 2009 with the aim of getting guys back into the game who had given up or been out of it for whatever reason. We have players of all abilities and while we aim to get our teams up the divisions as fast as possible we also aim to always have a junior team available for lads to take up the sport for the first time and get game time. We earned promotion in the league and hope to improve on that this year.

Training: Training commences at the start of February. First matches are on the 21st Feb. If you wish to get involved as a player and be eligible for that round it is advisable to contact us as soon as possible to ensure everything is done in time

We are also seeking non-players to get involved as selectors/trainers/managers for both teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CaymanGaelic

Club Name: Cayman Islands Gaelic Football Club
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Football
    Level played: social
    Contact details: info@caymangaelic.com www.caymangaelic.com
    Any other info: CIGFC is a social GAA club setup to promote Gaelic games and culture in the Caribbean and we would like to welcome all visitors to the Cayman Islands for either work or play. The club has over 250 members and we’re always looking for new recruits. Our annual Men’s and Ladies Leagues run from January to early June and are contested by participants of different skill levels and nationalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

Lads, any goalkeepers want to tog out in nets for my Junior GAA team in Cabinteely this season?

Our own keeper has decided he wants to play outfield this year!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels 2012
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 27,56,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams had a decent season in 2011 and will be looking to progress a step further next year,first team just missed out on promotion and got to semi final of junior championship and second team lost out in promotion playoff game.

We will be starting training on 9th January and train every monday and wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/

were still looking for new players,league starting in a couple weeks,train monday and wednesday evenings@7:30,new players welcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gaaplayers

Tyrrelstown Gaa Dublin 15 founded in 2009
    Level Junior E, League Division 11 north
    All types of GAA players are welcome.:)
    We train Tuesday and Thursday in Tyrrelstown Community Hall at 8pm.

Last year we reached the Junior E county final and finished 6th in the league of 15th teams. This year we are looking to push on from last year but we need new blood.

we have a mix of players from all over the country kerry, Mayo, Wexford, Galway, Roscommon, Cavan, Louth, Limerick, Cork, Meath and Dublin.
    we also enjoy and organise many social events, fundraisers throughtout the year. For more info please contact me at Rossfally75@gmail.com or Charlie at 0834088152

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Hi all,

Réalt Dearg hurling club in Terenure in Dublin is desperately stuck for a goalie if any of you are living there. We're currently playing an outfielder on goal for our second team and have no sub goalie for our 1st team. This is far from ideal and we are urgently seeking anyone who has any interest in playing on goal to contact us immediately as first round of league games are in a few days. email us at realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie please if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 David Harford

Want to win a trip of a life time. Kilbride GFC are giving you that chance. A 9 Day trip to the Euro championships including flights, Accomodation, Tickets and match day transfers to See Ireland three group games, Crotia, Spain and Italy. Tickets are flying so visit www.Kilbridegfc.com to book your ticket. Limited to 200 €50 per ticket:)

2nd Prize Two all Ireland football final tickets

3rd. Signed Hibs jersey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Merging this with the Promote a Club thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

Afternoon lads,

I currently manage the Kilmacud Crokes AFL8 team.
    We are looking for players who wish to get involved and play some football.

We train on thursday nights in the paddock in kilmacud crokes and play on sundays.

anybody interested in playing send me a pm

(we have a cup game against Ballinteer St.johns on sunday if anybody fancies coming down and watching. we play in purple &gold jersies)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Ok lads, I'm based out in Trinity Hall, Rathmines, Dublin 6. Would there be any clubs in the CLOSE vicinity that wouldn't mind a few 17-20 year old training with them from around next year on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

Keen2win wrote: »
    Ok lads, I'm based out in Trinity Hall, Rathmines, Dublin 6. Would there be any clubs in the CLOSE vicinity that wouldn't mind a few 17-20 year old training with them from around next year on?

we're based out in Stillorgan which isnt too far from Rathmines and you'd be more than welcome to come out and train with us.

We train @ 9pm onm thursdays at Glenalbyn

pm me

Hurling or football?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Well I'd look into both tbh. There's 1000 of us out here, lets say 500 boys! I'm sure there will be some that'd be happy to try it out! I'm going for sports officer ya see, so was just wondering what'd be available in the surrounding area!

Well I'd look into both tbh. There's 1000 of us out here, lets say 500 boys! I'm sure there will be some that'd be happy to try it out! I'm going for sports officer ya see, so was just wondering what'd be available in the surrounding area!

www.realtdearg.ie

Realt Dearg encourages lads at all levels of hurling to get involved.

Training will be moving back to Bushy Park in the next few weeks and there is a bus directly from Rathmines and stops right outside Bushy. Great laugh if you want to get involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eoin111

Club Name: cahir slashers
    Code (hurling/football/handball): hurling and football
    Level played:senior and junior football,intermiadaite and junior hurling,
    Contact details:0862554928
    Any other info: cahir is a welcoming club in south tiperary that caters for those of all levels,from senior all the way to junior any new members would be most welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Looking for a low level junior football club. I live in on the Quays in D7 but am willing to bus it a short distance. Played a game tonight for my local club but its in Wicklow and I can't commit to commuting up and down. Loved and would love to get back involved. 25 years old haven't played in 2 years or so. Any ideas guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Any clubs in Laois looking for players? Living in Portlaoise. Looking for a low level J3 hurling or football club!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 failer

Hi. We are a GAA football club based in Balgriffin, North Dublin. We currently have 2 teams. First in AFL5 and the second in AFL10 north. Unfortunalty we are a club that just fell short of the celtic tigers development boom and other local clubs reeped the benefit of this. We are 126 years old and have a strong proud tradition. There are top notch facilities available with a floodlit all weather pitch which the Dublin hurlers and U21s currently train on aswel as ourselves.
    If you are interested in just training to begin with then thats no problem at all. We have had many a country lad join in with us for training while working in Dublin and playing home county football at the weekend.
    Anybody interested please feel free to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Hey, I havent played football for nearly 5 years now. im now 25. Have had a few injuries over the years and my fitness has suffered, Really want to get back into it and play a bit. Im living in Caragh in Kildare so looking for a club around that area to help me with my fitness and also play some football

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭anbodhran

Alright lads,

From down the country, currently living in Dundrum and looking to get back into some football. I'm a washed up ex intercounty underage player who hasn't togged out in a couple of years due to working abroad!

Hoping to go back playing for the club at home first, a couple of junior games first before hopefully going back to the first team. I'm in the gym but am looking at the possibility of doing some training with a team in the area to get some sharpness back. I might even be looking to make a transfer here in 2013 depending on how my work situation pans out.

Can anyone recommend a club or contact in the area who might be interested in having me?

Just as an aside, I had a few pals from college who used to tog out for a certain Phoenix Park based outfit comprised of county lads in Dublin. They used to play for them under their names in Irish, and continue to play for their clubs at home. Does anyone know if this still goes on or has it been outlawed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JOSEPHD95

Hi there....can anyone suggest a club with Junior gaelic football teams near Dublin 7? I have recently moved into the Arbour hill area and would like to get back playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JOSEPHD95

Looking for a low level junior football club. I live in on the Quays in D7 but am willing to bus it a short distance. Played a game tonight for my local club but its in Wicklow and I can't commit to commuting up and down. Loved and would love to get back involved. 25 years old haven't played in 2 years or so. Any ideas guys?

I'm in the very same situation.....let me know if you got on.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gaaplayers

HI Lads
    I see some of you are looking for a CLUB, We are Junior Club based in D15 (only 20Mins from City Center) and we are looking for new players and we play in Dublin Junior league North. So if your interested call Charile on 0834088152

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Gaaplayers wrote: »
    HI Lads
    I see some of you are looking for a CLUB, We are Junior Club based in D15 (only 20Mins from City Center) and we are looking for new players and we play in Dublin Junior league North. So if your interested call Charile on 0834088152

I actually helps if you put the name of the club up ! ;)

Advertisement