Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Comparitive Study

• 12-04-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭

I was flicking through the first few pages of the Folens' papers and read that there are specific 'modes' in the comparitive study and vary from year to year. Does anyone know which modes have been selected for this year's examination?

Cheers,
    Gangsta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

im not exactly sure..i think the whole point is to make you study all 3 of the ones that are selected out of the four..this year i think it is theme and issue ,cultural context..and the one about the view or something..the ones that i think will come up will be cultural context and theme and issue i get this feeling because of what came up in the last 3 years or so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Theme/Issue
    Cultural Context
    Literary Genre

Am I the only one who fins Theme/Issue the hardest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Genre is the hardest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

NADA wrote:
    Genre is the hardest!

i second that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

You only have to study 2 people....theme/issue & cultural context all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

genre is impossible! trying to get an essay done on it, but theres just nothing to say! hoping for cultural context!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Literary Genre is by far the hardest.
    Cultural Context and Theme & Issue go hand in hand so thos are the one's I am studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Wha!? Literary Genre is grand! It's just basically like a poetry question. Theme is the worst for me, for whatever reason. Although, looking at the papers, it's almost certainly Theme and Cultural Context this year.

Yay for Cultural Context!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i 3rd that opinion that genre is the hardest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

lit genre is the hardest for me anyway cos you have to talk about technical stuff and ****.
    The other two are way easier, in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Just wondering, how much are people planning to write for any comparative answer??? My teacher says at least 5 pages, which I think is crazy!
    It backs up my belief that English Paper 2 is a crazy-who-can-write-fastest -and-remember-most-competition.
    I mean 5 for the comparative,
    you're looking at another 5 for the poet
    and surely another 5 for King Lear.

This is crazy, no? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

4-6 for poetry and lear, 3-4 for comparitive is what im going on, i usually get everything i have to say down in that, no point waffling on for more.

Genre is by far the hardest i think so im going with theme and issue and cultural context-they overlap a lot so it doesnt bother me which comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I think the length that people write in the English exam is crazy. See my other thread. Me myself. I Plan to write about 3.5 to 4 pages.

Advertisement