Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JobsPlus scheme

• 04-07-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

I have a quick question for someone in the know....

One of the criteria for being eligible for the new scheme is that you have to be unemployed for 12 continuous months.
    However I was told that since I was on a jobsbridge programme for 6 months, finishing there in May, that I will have been deemed as 'employed' and thus not eligible for this new scheme!
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    It'll mean anyone who took up jobsbridge placements to better themselves and to gain experience will now face even tougher competition to find full time work as what employer would not want the cash incentive??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JaneyM89

"Persons pursuing internships under JobBridge and work Placement Programme (WPP) who were in receipt of a qualifying payment prior to their internship may be employed directly from these schemes once the required qualifying period and conditions are satisfied. Once eligibility has been confirmed employment directly from an internship can be facilitated."
    This is what is on welfare.ie about the JobBridge, I was also on an internship through this scheme, I doubt it will be a problem because we were still being paid Social Welfare Payments, the €50 was a top up from the social welfare not who you were working with so while you might not have been signing on you technically are still on the register I think. I have only had part-time work for the past 2 years since finishing college and been on the dockets and then the internship and I hope to qualify for this! I sent off to see was I eligible for it here https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/jobsplus-employee.aspx so im waiting to hear back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

MariMel wrote: »
    I have a quick question for someone in the know....

One of the criteria for being eligible for the new scheme is that you have to be unemployed for 12 continuous months.
    However I was told that since I was on a jobsbridge programme for 6 months, finishing there in May, that I will have been deemed as 'employed' and thus not eligible for this new scheme!
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    It'll mean anyone who took up jobsbridge placements to better themselves and to gain experience will now face even tougher competition to find full time work as what employer would not want the cash incentive??

What you were told is not true.

5. Can time spent on certain activation schemes count towards the eligibility period for JobsPlus?
    Yes. If you were in receipt of jobseeker’s benefit, jobseeker’s allowance or signing for credits, prior to spending time spent on Community Employment, Rural Social Scheme, Jobseeker’s Transitional Payment, Tús, Back to Education Allowance, Springboard course or short FÁS courses, this time may count towards the qualifying period but your entitlement to one of the qualifying payments listed above must be re-established before you start work under JobsPlus. People on internships under Job Bridge and the Work Placement Programme (WPP) may be employed directly from these schemes once the required qualifying period and conditions are satisfied.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/JobsPlus-Jobseekers.aspx#q3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JaneyM89

I just got off the phone there, I was chatting with a woman from the employment scheme office and she says the JobBridge does not count as being employed! She reckons (because she could not access the application in full to process it yet) that I have 603 days so I am under the €7,500 bracket, but in about 25 more days I will be up to the €10,000 bracket even though I have been working part-time since I finished college and more recently took part in a JobBridge scheme. I hope this new scheme will help me to get full time work soon!! She said my application will be reviewed in the next few days and then they send a letter out to you stating your eligibility. You can then begin informing prospective employers of your eligibility and if you get offered a job, they then sign up to the scheme to avail of it! Fingers crossed this works for the many people who want full time work but can seem to get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Scarlet1989

Hey guys just came across this thread and hopefully someone can answer my question!

I have been told I am eligible for jobsplus but my conundrum lies in how I go about it. Do I let the employers know whilst I'm applying or what do I do? I just simply have no idea how I am supposed to approach them..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hey guys just came across this thread and hopefully someone can answer my question!

I have been told I am eligible for jobsplus but my conundrum lies in how I go about it. Do I let the employers know whilst I'm applying or what do I do? I just simply have no idea how I am supposed to approach them..

Thats what I would do..... up to employer after that, if they are registered for the scheme, or maybe considering registering.
    Candidate employees

Once preliminary interviews have been conducted and candidates have been shortlisted employers should then ask these candidates to log on to jobsplus.ie to check their eligibility for JobsPlus. The DSP will process their request and verify eligibility by posting a two-part JP1 form to the candidate. Part A of the JP1 form will confirm the employee’s eligibility and rate of payment for a prospective employer, Part B is to be completed by the employer if they choose to employ the candidate. The candidate should bring the two-part JP1 form confirming eligibility to the employer for consideration.

When an employer identifies the most suitable candidate for the position, they should complete part B of the JP1 form for that candidate, sign the declaration and return to the DSP. The JP1 form will be processed by the Department and once all conditions are satisfied employers will be notified by e-mail that they have been awarded the incentive with regard to the employee specified on the JP1 form.

Once the candidate is offered a position they should contact the DSP to close their jobseeker’s claim. This can be done on line at welfare.ie or by contacting their local Intreo Centre or social welfare office. Payment of JobsPlus can only start once the DSP confirms that the new employee’s jobseeker claim has closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My partner's employer applied for it himself and got my partner to fill it in, but when we informed his sister of it, she started using it in interviews and it got her two positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Scarlet1989

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    My partner's employer applied for it himself and got my partner to fill it in, but when we informed his sister of it, she started using it in interviews and it got her two positions!

Pretty good! I may start that myself, is it worth adding to a cover letter I wonder? Or is that a bit too brazen?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

One of the pitfalls of letting an employer know in advance of your JobsPlus eligibility would be that you would be in a weak position to negotiate an increase in your salary as they could say they factored the JobsPlus money into the salary already.

On the other hand, if a potential employer is unaware of your JobsPlus eligibility and If you get offered a job and are told the salary, you could then tell them about the money they will also be getting from JobsPlus if they register and then request that 50% (or whatever you feel is reasonable) of the JobsPlus payment be added to your salary. It's a win win situation for the employee and the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GdGG21

Hey could somebody explain to me how the payment method works? I was sent a letter to say that I was eligible for the €10,000 over 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

The employer gets the payment, not the employee. It is paid incrementally over 24 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    One of the pitfalls of letting an employer know in advance of your JobsPlus eligibility would be that you would be in a weak position to negotiate an increase in your salary as they could say they factored the JobsPlus money into the salary already.

On the other hand, if a potential employer is unaware of your JobsPlus eligibility and If you get offered a job and are told the salary, you could then tell them about the money they will also be getting from JobsPlus if they register and then request that 50% (or whatever you feel is reasonable) of the JobsPlus payment be added to your salary. It's a win win situation for the employee and the employer.

If I got a job after a year or two of unemployment I wouldn't be making demands for a salary increase when I'm just in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Sorry to bring up an old thread but think its relevant

I've to check if i'm eligible for this jobsplus position which I'm almost certain I am. I've filled out the online eligibility form.

But my question is how long do I have to wait for an answer from the social welfare saying i'm eligible or not.

Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭jos22

I got a letter back in 2 -3 weeks

jos22 wrote: »
    I got a letter back in 2 -3 weeks

Thanks for the reply, is there any other way to quicken up the process do you know? I have the job ready and waiting but need confirmation first

Johntm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, is there any other way to quicken up the process do you know? I have the job ready and waiting but need confirmation first

no idea i had started the job when I got it back.
    the letter said that I had sign off JSA on x date ( date I started) but employer should still be entitled to claim the grant if they are eligible.

no idea i had started the job when I got it back.
    the letter said that I had sign off JSA on x date ( date I started) but employer should still be entitled to claim the grant if they are eligible.

So the company were ok for you to start even though they weren't 100% you were eligible?
    My company want me to make sure I am first which is fair enough but need to quicken it up

Johntm wrote: »
    So the company were ok for you to start even though they weren't 100% you were eligible?
    My company want me to make sure I am first which is fair enough but need to quicken it up

ya they just want to fill the postion asap as in wanted me to start the day after the interview. they never heard of the scheme, I told them about that I could apply and see what they could save. they said to do if the get it great if not no worries

ya they just want to fill the postion asap as in wanted me to start the day after the interview. they never heard of the scheme, I told them about that I could apply and see what they could save. they said to do if the get it great if not no worries

Ah right fair enough, I think if Im not eligible, im not getting the job

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, so recently I was signed up to jobsplus and was working in a hotel, my employer has since has to let me go due to me not having enough experience. I now dont know what to do as I have no income and did not recieve any paymeny since I worked there. Will I be able to go back onto jobseekers, im very worried.

Advertisement