Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

History Research Topic!

Options
  • 03-04-2006 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know the official date that the research topic is due in?:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Last school day of April, thats what the teacher keeps repeating in school..

Im doing the 1828 Election here in Ennis, which led to the Catholic Emancipation, led by the one and only Daniel O'Connell of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Im doing it on the Kingsmills Massacre, 1976. Wreaths by Longley refers to it. Im finding it pretty interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i've just finished it... *dances*

all written up, ready to be handed in, yay.

all you guys finished them too yeah?

We have to go in Tuesday week to finish off writing it into the pink book, she wouldnt let us take them home and do them.. argh

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

Closing date is the 28th of april (bout 3 weeks time). You have to write them in school under the supervision of your teacher. Just wrote mine in last week.

• Advertisement

brid_m wrote:
    You have to write them in school under the supervision of your teacher.

:o

i started it under supervision.. but thought.. "why the hell i would i leave it for 2 weeks when i could just do it over easter??!" but ssshhhh... dont tell anyone ;)

actually in fairness, i just had to write in the review, and the evaluation of sources.. and about 3 paragraphs of the essay.. i did the rest in class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Its so unfair we cant bring it home! I finished mine back in January! I just had to do all the rewiew and crap in the last few weeks but thats pretty basic : I learned the skills of a hisrorian blah
    sometime my book was biased for example blah
    If I dont get near enough full marks on this I wil be so MAD!! My teacher said its A1 standard so fingers crossed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

havent finished it yet coz Im the worst at projects! the absolute worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

What are you suppost to write in the 'Outline Plan' section?!

Would it be "I picked this topic because..." etc?

theres the 5 headings:
    Define your study
    Jusify your study
    Aims of the study
    Intended Approach
    and Sources used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I aint done mine yet :eek: well, the essay, have some drafts and stuff done, get a bit of this, and geog done tonight, finish rest tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mordecai

how long are each of your evaluations of thew sources? i know we have to do at least three, but i'm only getting about 30 words per source to try and fit them all into the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

tip: write half a page on ur main source den little bit one other sources
    u shud of stuck with three dats wat r teacher told us! say if u only got one quote from a website jus say i found dis website crap but it did provide me with an excellent quote and den qoute!dats one source done!

i did my 3 sources, all equal amounts of space.
    the relevance of it, the strenghts and the weakness.. about 4 sentences in total, so about 7 lines each i think? the page was filled anyway.

Irish Grumpy.. GET GOING!
    i spent soooo long editing mine..

i finished my geography this evening. woooo.
    well, i have to draw in a sketch map, but well.. gotta talk to my teacher about that.. cos.. im stupid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just finished mine on the development of modern computing.
    I started with ENIAC and ended with the IBM pc ect. I used three sources
    and covered most stuff but it might need some "tidy up work"
    handy way of obtaining 20%:)
    Also made sure i kept within the boundries of europe and the wider world.
    time to finish the damm geography study:(

Its one of the easiest 20% you can get in the leaving cert, we are lucky to get this, this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

True,good news for those doing geography and ag science also:D
    if only more exams adopted this approach,i dont even want to begin to feel how difficult the old history course must have been:(
    I wish physics adopted this approach

Advertisement