Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Census from awhile back

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sarky wrote: »
    Wouldn't that make Zaph Batman?

Who's been talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Zaph wrote: »
    Who's been talking?

You guys need a Robin...make sure it's someone you are bigger than him so you can make fun of him and not have him kick your ass at the Admin beers :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

BoardsDeals is a trading name for Boards.ie which means the two sites are technically from the same LTD company and fall under the same umbrella. Adverts.ie is a wholly separate LTD company.

Just wanted to clarify that...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Who won the iPhones 4S?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Conspiracy:eek:

• Advertisement

There was a draw for an iPhone as a prize for filling it out. Am I right in saying that or is my memory playing tricks?

There was a draw for an iPhone as a prize for filling it out. Am I right in saying that or is my memory playing tricks?
    post 4 i suppose is where you're coming from.

Do you get commission every time you mention iphone, how much?

post 4 i suppose is where you're coming from.

Do you get commission every time you mention iphone, how much?

There was a draw at the end of the survey. Or at least there was a place to put in your email address for a draw.

There was a draw at the end of the survey. Or at least there was a place to put in your email address for a draw.
    You're right.

Dav wrote: »
    Hello all,

It's been a while since we did a census on the site and with there having been one this year in Ireland, we thought we'd do one too. You may have seen these crop up already on some of the other sites in the group (Daft and Adverts have had theirs). We have a series of questions about you and about your internet habits and every question is optional and the data we gather is for internal purposes only - we don't sell it or use it for anything nefarious. It lets us get a more accurate idea of who's browsing Boards and why and it helps us to decide on where we spend our time making improvements.

You can click here to start filling in the census.

180835.gif

You mentioned something about a Competition Dav!

Yes I did, as a bonus incentive, there's an opportunity to win an iPhone 4S or one of 3 €100 One 4 All vouchers just by entering and you don't even need to be a Boards.ie member to enter - those of you who read but haven't registered for an account are welcome.

Terms & Conditions
    • "Sponge It" are the independent consumer research agency who are running the Boards.ie census on behalf of "Distilled Media".
    • The census is being run by Distilled Media for themselves in order to better understand the wants and needs of their readers.
    • Participation is completely voluntary and you may withdraw from the survey at any time. All your responses are completely confidential and are reported in statistical form only, as part of an aggregate response.
    • Personal information is not gathered, with the exception of an email address the respondent may enter in order to participate in a prize draw for those who complete the survey. This address is for that purpose only. They are not passed to Distilled Media, nor are they used for any other purpose.
    • If you have questions at any time about the survey or the procedures you may contact Sponge It at denise.johnston-at-spongeit.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

I'll have to ask the higher ups about the prize, I'm not sure we can share the winner's details etc without their permission but I would assume the winner has been picked and awarded their prize :)

I've been out of the office the last few days so need to catch up with Dav and I'll be back with lots of lovely data to share.

• Advertisement

I mustn't have read the first page of the thread at all at all. Bad teddy. I deserve a spanking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've sent off a request to SpongeIT for the details - they handled all of that for us. Meanwhile, here are some of the findings from the census:
    • Members are predominantly male (69%) and living in Leinster (60%). They are also more likely to be under the age of 35 (60%)
    • The remaining proportion is between the ages of 35 and 54 (35%)
    • The main income earners in Boards.ie visitors household are more likely to be qualified professionals (21%), middle/junior management (15%) or students (14%).
    • The highest level of education amongst respondents is a third level degree at 32%. This is followed by third level non-degree at 24%
    • A large proportion of Boards.ie visitors (15%) have completed a postgraduate/doctorate
    • For Boards.ie visitors it is a site which fulfils many requirements including keeping them in the loop (31%), a place to pass time (26%) and a source of entertainment (24%)
    • Respondents are heavy cinema goers with 53% going 1-2 times a month. They are also avid gamers with 61% playing a games console at least once a month and 23% playing 9-10 times in a month.
    • Boards.ie users are more likely to download a movie (51%) than to rent a movie (44%)
    • Almost 9 out of 10 participants in the census have a Boards.ie account and 73% of those post on Boards.ie
    • Overall the quality of information on Boards is rated by Boards.ie visitors as good to excellent. In only one case are Boards.ie visitors indifferent and that is towards trustworthiness.
    • Boards.ie is seen as up to date (93%), useful (90%), entertaining (90%) and relevant (90%)
    • 39% of Boards.ie visitors use DSL while 24% claims to use cable internet connection.
    • One in three Boards.ie visitors are male. As with members, Boards.ie visitors predominantly live in Leinster and are of a younger age demographic with 60% under the age of 35.
    • Similarly to other sites the majority of visitors are single/unmarried and with such a low age demographic it is not unusual to find that only (30%) have children.
    • Boards.ie users are regular and loyal users. 87% have an account with Boards.ie and 73% post on the site. In comparison to Twitter this is a very significant figure. Boards.ie visitors are emphatic about the quality of content on Boards.ie with users rating boards as excellent in having up to date information (46%) relevant content (35%) , entertaining content (41%), and useful content (36%).
    • One third of all Boards.ie users have completed a third level degree while a further 15% have gone on to further study. One quarter of visitors have completed a non degree course in a third level institution indicating a highly educated group.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I deserve a spanking...

Ummmmmmm :confused:

MugMugs wrote: »
    I deserve a spanking...

Ummmmmmm :confused:
    Sorry, a lack of sleep is making me sense of humor worse than usual. I'll get my coat. Thanks for the stats. They're interesting to examine.

I don't buy into the stats though looking at them. They must be seriously skewed.

I don't buy into the stats though looking at them. They must be seriously skewed.

Yes, they would be, but overall the stats aren't for us to know, they are to make selling advertising easier and more effective, if I read one person complaining about that I may have to track them down in real life....

They are skewed in that the people who answered the survey are those of us who are for the most part heavily into boards and use it a lot. I doubt you'd have many passing visitors whose first time it is reporting in on this.

Advertisement