Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I find skateboarders

Options
  • 23-10-2011 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am an amateur photographer and I have recently started up a project for my photography. The project is called Words. I have asked people to give me a word and I will go out and turn that word into a photo.

Now one word submitted to me was Rad. Since I have been a skateboarder myself back in the days, when I was young and lean, the first thing that came to mind was skateboarding, coz thats just radical.

I used to own a Tony Hawk deck, with G-bones wheels and Gullwing trucks before I switched to a Danny Way deck. Single tail, big wheels ;) old school to say the least.

Anyway, the question is, where can I find a good spot in Dublin to take my photos? Where do the massive airs and no-complies happen these days :)

Thanks
    Ronald
    Semmick Photo 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

have you tried looking in any one of the 20 or so skateparks around ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

I just asked a normal question, no need to be sarcastic. Did you see that I wrote Dublin not Ireland? I know there is one skate park in Swords, however, I wanted to know about a street location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Poncke wrote: »
    I just asked a normal question, no need to be sarcastic. Did you see that I wrote Dublin not Ireland? I know there is one skate park in Swords, however, I wanted to know about a street location.

I wasnt being sarcastic, it was a legitimate question. Its the obvious place to start, being a former skateboarder and all i would assume you would have looked in one of those locations. Ok, dublin then, have you tried looking in any of the 10 or so skateparks located in dublin?

Theres no point in looking at street at this time of the year. Go to SOFD or something, talk to some skateboarders, see what they are up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Thanks, I will have to do that then. Maybe just take a shot in one of the skateparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Check out Bogginzine.com, most of the Dublin skaters are active on the site, there is also a forum on the website with a thread for dublin spots.

Happy hunting, I hope you find someone to take a shot with!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skatesupply

like sunshineboarding on facebook its irish and based in dublin and sells skating goods

Advertisement