Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&hl=en

move Gameloft games to your external SD card on the Galaxy 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Zascar wrote: »
    Motorola Roadster 2

How about the Jabra Roadster?

Can bond to TWO phones at the same time.
    Bluetooth in, FM out for music [or built in speakers]

Fantastic device. Using t the past 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Does anyone know if there's a tablet app for PDF editing? Pretty basic functionality required, just being able to highlight text and type some notes in the white spaces.. It's for use with college notes on the fly in lectures.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Uriel. wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a tablet app for PDF editing? Pretty basic functionality required, just being able to highlight text and type some notes in the white spaces.. It's for use with college notes on the fly in lectures.

Cheers.

ezpdfanotate.png

Uriel, have a sniff @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.reader

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form

That might suit you, it was in a recent Google Sale and it seems to allow you to more or less type\doodle\fill forms\mess about with a .pdf in lots of ways.

There's an optional cloud plugin too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.plugin.cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

If you want to pass a few hours try Hill Climb Racing.

It's really addictive! Very hard to put down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Amalgam wrote: »
    ezpdfanotate.png

Uriel, have a sniff @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.reader

ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form

That might suit you, it was in a recent Google Sale and it seems to allow you to more or less type\doodle\fill forms\mess about with a .pdf in lots of ways.

There's an optional cloud plugin too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.plugin.cloud

Cheers.
    You know what is even better. Bought this app a year ago I'd say and didn't realise you could annotate etc... with it. Also didn't know about the cloud plugin. Excellent, thanks for enlightening me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I've been developing an app that offers similar functionality to MightyText, if he really needs to retrieve his text messages I might be able to help him out.

Looking for beta testers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Looking for beta testers?

Yes, absolutely! The app isn't at a stage yet where it's ready for beta testing but it's close enough. A few features need to be added and a client needs to be written also. The app is basically a server running on the phone that allows clients to log in and request all the text messages on the phone. The client will be able to send text messages through the phone. New text messages and incoming call notifications will be transmitted to the client also.

This all happens over a LAN or WLAN so there are no privacy implications bar any bugs in the code. It is not intended that a third party will host or have access to any user data.

This is my first Android app, written to educate myself in Android so it's not for commercial benefit so if anyone wants to get involved in testing or development they are more than welcome. It'll be at least a week before I can get back to working on it due to a few things going on but I'd like to get it finished before the end of the year, MightyText is starting to annoy me!

I'll be in touch TechGuy, anyone else who wants to help out send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gotta say, I'm very impressed with Adobe Photoshop Touch, it works very very well, and has loads of the features that it's big brother has. App wise, it's one of the more expensive ones, but it really does work very well, and the interface is well designed too.

[edit]
    Oh, but it's tablet only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Spotify!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Melion wrote: »
    Spotify!!!!

not the best designed app in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Jetpack Joyride, so addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hey folks, anyone know of a good app for learning piano on a tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

TuneIn. Fantastic. Love how it has a Podcast directory too.

(This isn't a reply to the Piano post, sorry.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

http://www.ingress.com/

Invite only (for now) google game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc

Plague inc - Great litte game where you have to create a disease and infect and kill everyone on the planet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Plague inc - Great litte game where you have to create a disease and infect and kill everyone on the planet.

Great game, bar the constant ads and they make it bloody hard to unlock anything without paying. I've wiped out the entire earth's population 3 times now, and i've still not unlocked the next plague type.

Still though, good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

irishgeo wrote: »

not the best designed app in the world
    Do I need to have a Facebook account to access this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Do I need to have a Facebook account to access this?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    Great game, bar the constant ads and they make it bloody hard to unlock anything without paying. I've wiped out the entire earth's population 3 times now, and i've still not unlocked the next plague type.

Still though, good fun.
    I got sick of those ads, and gave in and bought the full app for 65p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Is there an App for Loyalty cards?

I have so many bl**dy cards!!!:(

It would be brilliant to have an App that would display the barcode on your phone for each card, which could then be scanned at the checkout!

I bagsie the patent if there isn't!! lol lol

Any developers want to shre the proceeds with me!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »

It would be brilliant to have an App that would display the barcode on your phone for each card, which could then be scanned at the checkout!

Darn it...there are!!! Bummer...thought I had made my first million!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've been playing this today but I cheated just so I could see what fun I could have!

That ring a rosy sound clip is freaky

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kiith wrote: »

Still though, good fun.

You have to complete a level on normal or brutal before you unlock the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Darn it...there are!!! Bummer...thought I had made my first million!!! :P

Hold the celebrations, your screen is flickering, as is the scanning laser, along with the reflective nature of the phone screen. Results can be very patchy, particularly if you enlarge the barcode too..

I had my Tesco Clubcard barcode on my phone and it was a trial trying to get it recognised.

There are plenty. This one is US centric. I don't use loyalty cards that much so haven't looked at any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

This is where NFC should come into the ascendency.

It will. But it has a significant up front cost. A lot of smaller places will wait until the cost comes down. The big boys will go NFC first but might wait until phone proliferation.

Anyone tried the new adblock plus app? Was thinking about putting it on my sons tablet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anyone tried the new adblock plus app? Was thinking about putting it on my sons tablet.

It redirects you through their servers, use Adaway, it blocks the ads like it should.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement