Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Only one thing scarier than a great white shark. That's a great white shark that looks likes bleedin Satan laughing

DvkU_dNV4AAHQHA.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

qszyvih.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1YYiI83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Simple, don't buy apple products, see what investors think about that! Lost my respect when they started soldering ram into into iMacs.

• Advertisement

Simple, don't buy apple products, see what investors think about that! Lost my respect when they started soldering ram into into iMacs.
    I never did, and never will, they're just corporate bullies pushing their weight around. All it needs is for the Apple fanboys to complain about the planned obsolescence and inability to repair, coupled with a threat to boycott future products for them to change course.

I can't see them doing that though, gotta have the newest iCrap!

They are made to be upgrading to the next model. Can never understand why people buy the new one every year. If I was spending that much I'd want it to last at least 10 years, as it should. Never saw the incentive to buy an iPhone myself, had a Galaxy Sii up until last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

There's one born every day...

F985FVa.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/F985FVa.mp4

mHEblSL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh no he didn't did he......

25 gallons, dear god......

Obviously there should be more psychiatrists around...

New Home wrote: »
    Obviously there should be more psychiatrists around...

That and straight jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^ It's been debunked online before https://www.thatsnonsense.com/man-break-burger-king-drink-gallons-frying-oil-fact-check/

Also 25 gallons = about 95 liters, 95 liters of oil = 88 kg of oil. Physically impossible.

^ It's been debunked online before https://www.thatsnonsense.com/man-break-burger-king-drink-gallons-frying-oil-fact-check/

Also 25 gallons = about 95 liters, 95 liters of oil = 88 kg of oil. Physically impossible.

Oh well.,

Ok, we can cut back on psychiatrists, so.

Fun fact the kilogram used to be measured with liquid but it not a precise measurement as liquid weighs more at different temperatures, higher temperatures is lost through evaporation and lower temperatures its heavier, frozen its 10% heavier.

95 litres == 95 kg's, couldn't see anyone survive after 1 litre.

I was taught that 1 litre was 1 kilo of water, and that other liquids weighed differently.

I was taught that 1 litre was 1 kilo of water, and that other liquids weighed differently.

Depends on the viscosity of the oil/liquid, 1 litre of vegetable oil would be slightly more than 1 kg were as 1 litre of oil oil could weigh 80% less than water depending on the temperature of both. Hot cooking oil would weigh less or near enough the same as the same volume of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Depends on the viscosity of the oil/liquid, 1 litre of vegetable oil would be slightly more than 1 kg were as 1 litre of oil oil could weigh 80% less than water depending on the temperature of both. Hot cooking oil would weigh less or near enough the same as the same volume of water.

Oil weighs less than water, any oil, cooking or otherwise, hence why it floats on water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Fun fact the kilogram used to be measured with liquid but it not a precise measurement as liquid weighs more at different temperatures, higher temperatures is lost through evaporation and lower temperatures its heavier, frozen its 10% heavier.

95 litres == 95 kg's, couldn't see anyone survive after 1 litre.

Frozen water is heavier ? Thats why it floats ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No, no, no. Water is at its most dense at 4 °C, then expands as it freezes and reaches about 9% extra in volume. Hence the amount of burst pipes in winter time as water expands as it freezes.

So with the same weight of 1kg of ice, it's volume is about 1.09 litres, so it now floats on water. Simples :)

/back on topic.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

oleras wrote: »
    Oil weighs less than water, any oil, cooking or otherwise, hence why it floats on water.

The weight of 1 kg oil will always be more than 1 litre of oil. Water has a max density at 4°C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

FFS move on. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

giphy.gif

508290.jpg

Ok, we can cut back on psychiatrists, so.

Oh bugger. I just went out and bought a psychiatrist degree and all.

Dr Nick, is that you?

• Advertisement

Hi Everybody!

Advertisement