Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Thread: Updated Weekly

• 12-06-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I thought I'd make this since the response to the Iron Maiden DLC was nicely received. Maybe it can be stickied in the future! Anyway, up next week:

June 16th 2009

• Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
    • Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
    • Weight of the World - Evanescence
    • Back from the Dead - Spinal Tap
    • Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare - Spinal Tap
    • Saucy Jack - Spinal Tap
    • Warmer Than Hell - Spinal Tap
    July 7th 2009

• 21 Guns - Green Day
    • East Jesus Nowhere - Green Day
    • Know Your Enemy - Green Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

+1 on the sticky idea.
    Maybe include GH in there too, i know it's DLC is piss poor by comparison but at the same time, it still fits in with the genre. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Maybe a separate thread would do Guitar Hero more justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

This is a good idea, I do like it.

Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
    I actually like this, good stuff.

I'm terribly excited about Green Day. I'm not sure if they deserve a full game like the Beatles but they have enough good music for a decent download pack/ some-sort-of-story-campaign-single-player/band-player-type-game-thing.

Basket Case.....

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Spinal tap is the only thing from that list that I'll be touching with a barge poll... Evanescence... *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I can't understand why they didn't include some 'classic' Spinal Tap into the bundle to sweeten the deal with the new tracks. Ah well, hopefully it'll mean we'll get tracks from the film or 'Break Like the Wind' down the pipeline.

• Advertisement

I've always been a fan of Evanescence, although I would have used a different choice of songs than Weight of the World and Call Me When You're Sober. Probably Sweet Sacrifice and Going Under instead. Ah well, I'm still chuffed with Bring Me to Life. :D

Gonna be fun to play on drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I like Green Day but I don't think they'd be good in RB,especially not the new ones.

I like Green Day but I don't think they'd be good in RB,especially not the new ones.

Older stuff, like The Grouch would work. :D
    "I was a young boy that had big plaaaaans, now i'm just another sh*tty old maaaaan"

Hrm, that kinda sounds like me :(
    Fun tune though! :D

Turned on my 360 just a few minutes ago and still no Evanescence! Blasphemy!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

your 360 is probably depressed by the fact that it's going to have to play such tripe, and is therefore hiding it from you

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    your 360 is probably depressed by the fact that it's going to have to play such tripe, and is therefore hiding it from you

I laughed.
    Sorry, but once Amy Lee destroyed Seether's "Broken", i lost all interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I just got my xbox back,just thought that was worth mentioning :D

Finally there when I checked this morning! Not too hard on guitar, gold starred Bring Me to Life on my first try. Weight of the World had some tricky chord switches in it, though! I'll have to work on those.

Gonna play them on drums later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

looking forward to the green day pack :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

looking forward to the green day pack :D:D

might be worth holding off for some real punk rock on the 23rd and 30th :D

http://kotaku.com/5295405/warped-tour-song-packs-coming-to-rock-band

if they get the tracks right , this will be right down my alley :)

Too bad it's not a best of warped tour :( actually now that would be good , well for me at least :D

Bad Religion! Hells yeah :D

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Bad Religion! Hells yeah :D

You said it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

but no alltimelow in the warped tour pack

I'm waiting for the Rock Band Unplugged songs to become available for download, dammit! Really wanna play Would? by Alice in Chains and Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop, which was a blast in GHII. :D

Would? by Alice in Chains

Oooooooohhhhh I want that !

• Advertisement

but no alltimelow in the warped tour pack

They're saving that for Guitar Hero: Emolicious.
    Limited edition comes with Guitar Hero black and white checkered wristbands, GH guide to sXe, and Guitar Hero razorblades...

... just in case of emergency and all that.

I'm waiting for the Rock Band Unplugged songs to become available for download, dammit! Really wanna play Would? by Alice in Chains and Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop, which was a blast in GHII. :D

I don't know how out of place i would sitting down while using the RB controller though. I've tried doing it for the first part of Free Bird on GHII. It didn't feel right.

calex71 wrote: »
    Oooooooohhhhh I want that !

Really want to do the drums on it, it's a great song.
    They're saving that for Guitar Hero: Emolicious.
    Limited edition comes with Guitar Hero black and white checkered wristbands, GH guide to sXe, and Guitar Hero razorblades...

... just in case of emergency and all that.

The sad thing is I wouldn't put it past Activision making a game exactly like that. They'd make bloody millions.
    I don't know how out of place i would sitting down while using the RB controller though. I've tried doing it for the first part of Free Bird on GHII. It didn't feel right.

I still use the GHII X-Plorers. :D Keeping it old skool.

The sad thing is I wouldn't put it past Activision making a game exactly like that. They'd make bloody millions.

They can even have GH: Legends Of Emo! Guest starring Finch and Good Charlotte. Think of the awards!

100G! So Emo, you could cry!
    I still use the GHII X-Plorers. :D Keeping it old skool.

I'd hate to be in a room with you while playing
    *clack clack clack clack clack clack clack* "Aw f*ck! The whammy bar is gone again!"

They can even have GH: Legends Of Emo! Guest starring Finch and Good Charlotte. Think of the awards!

100G! So Emo, you could cry!

Achievement Unlocked: -10000G

FC "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne on Expert and YouTube it.

I'd hate to be in a room with you while playing
    *clack clack clack clack clack clack clack* "Aw f*ck! The whammy bar is gone again!"

The clacking helps me keep in time and my whammy bar just hangs down on my guitar, it still works grand if I hold it inbetween my fingers while I play. :D

The clacking helps me keep in time and my whammy bar just hangs down on my guitar, it still works grand if I hold it inbetween my fingers while I play. :D

The GHIII Les Paul was the best one i had once i applied the manual fix to it, then the strum bar went on it and that was that.

I then went through the X-Plorer, and 1 GHWT guitar. I'm not even that great on RB expert, but for someone who is considered a lightweight RB expert guitarist, i end up going through enough of the damn controllers lately. :(

Im using the gibson explorer at the minute , but as im a lefty it hangs down in the way :mad:

I was using blue tac to keep it in place but this warm weather has softened the blue tac rendering it usless :mad:

Any tips :confused:

The GHIII Les Paul was the best one i had once i applied the manual fix to it, then the strum bar went on it and that was that.

I then went through the X-Plorer, and 1 GHWT guitar. I'm not even that great on RB expert, but for someone who is considered a lightweight RB expert guitarist, i end up going through enough of the damn controllers lately. :(

That's a shame! What I seem to be going through right now are bass pedals. I broke my last one and asked HMV if I could get a replacement one, but they gave me a replacement kit instead. xD Only downside is I have to carry the old kit into town and bring the new one home. My new pedal just cracked today, so I'm gonna ring them up tomorrow and get another replacement. :P I'll reinforce the next pedal though.
    calex71 wrote: »
    Im using the gibson explorer at the minute , but as im a lefty it hangs down in the way :mad:

I was using blue tac to keep it in place but this warm weather has softened the blue tac rendering it usless :mad:

Any tips :confused:

Tip: Stop being a lefty, ya awkward bastard! :D

Tip: Stop being a lefty, ya awkward bastard! :D

Roll on colder weather then i guess, so i can stop adjusting the bar during sustains that are long enough :P
    Or till i can afford a posh new RB beetles gretsch guiter with its sturdy lefty friendly bar.

41idcvtfLIL._SS400_.jpg

• Advertisement

June 23rd 2009

Warped Tour 01 Pack
    • The Downfall of us All - A Day to Remember
    • 21st Century (Digital Boy) - Bad Religion
    • I Didn't Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard - Chiodos
    • The Flood - Escape the Fate
    • Reinventing Your Exit - Underoath
    Maroon 5 01 Pack
    • Little of Your Time - Maroon 5
    • Makes me Wonder - Maroon 5
    • Wake up Call - Maroon 5

Looks like a pretty **** week for DLC. There's a Warped Tour 02 pack next week also, then Green Day the week after. :/

Advertisement