Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You 'feels' you lose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It's actually one of the least soul-destroying parts of that documentary, the lady seems like she would have been a hoot to hang out with when she was well, and the way her husband cares for her and talks about her is so sweet and heartwarming even though he's obviously devastated about what's happened.

But yeah, I watched that documentary once around the time it came out and could hardly breathe from crying by the end, no way in hell I'd ever watch it again even though it's an amazing piece of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

1 million views in 5 days

not sure how to embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAkL3SD5zPY

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I advice watch the video on mute as the song is patronizing and unnecessary imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I know this is not the norm for here but still hit me with a lump in the throat. I know he earns millions but still nice.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/ibrahimovic-makes-dream-come-true-for-soccer-team-639043.html

The Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic wanted his country's special needs side to have the chance to do what he could not - play in a World Cup this summer.

But they faced an uphill task raising the funds to pay for the trip. One fundraising idea was to auction jerseys and boots signed by Swedish football stars and several footballers were approached and happily signed.

But when the organisers asked Ibrahimovic they got a different response, as described by the team’s assistant coach Stefan Jonsson.
    “I spoke to Zlatan” said Jonsson, “and asked if he could donate a shirt and he said, ‘what the hell are you doing with a shirt? How much is it to go?' When we said that we need to SEK 350,000, he asked for the account number and he deposited it.”

The striker explained the reasons behind his donation to the team, which was equivalent to roughly €40,000.
    “Football should be played by anyone, regardless of gender, disability or not”, Ibrahimovic said.

• Advertisement

Really got to me this, meant to post it earlier.

10552432_10152346335169426_5032132657752485163_n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

tumblr_mxmsyu0FNY1qzbmdso1_500.jpg

"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.

As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.

He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.

Some inspiring things he said;

"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"

"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"

"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."

"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"

Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

tumblr_na86otuSdC1ri5mano2_400.gif
    tumblr_na86otuSdC1ri5mano1_400.gif
    tumblr_na86otuSdC1ri5mano3_400.gif
    tumblr_na86otuSdC1ri5mano4_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ice bucket challenge. Skip to 1:57 if you want the real message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

306366-dtstory-greiving-chimps.jpg

Link to story here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

DD8mhKR.gif

I remember seeing that before... but god damn it... it still gets me right in the feels... :(

And this comes as I'm already an emotional, sobbing wreckage after watching this...

Thank god I'm alone in the house tonight, because I'm sobbing like a baby here after all that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

gumbo1 wrote: »

Jesus...

They say that one of the great tragedies of life is that you cannot attend your own funeral, to hear all the stories, eulogies and so on. But not like this... not like this.

That is powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Jesus...ok....I'll stay below 90mph.

To be serious though...my worst accidents on a motorbike were at below 20mph. Stopping at traffic lights and I didn't see the massive oil spill on the road caused by a leaking vehicle that previously stopped at the lights. Got a damage sciatic nerve out of that.
    And another time I almost drowned (yes..on a bike). Was driving slowly through a flooded road and got undertaken by a 4x4 driving at a relatively high speed. He created a wake of water which knocked me over and pinned me beneath the 250kg+ bike. Then the car behind him drove past, missing my head by inches.

I always remember this image. Was shown to me by a driving instructor:
    uflQWM0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Spotted this linked after that funeral vid, cute little bugger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

vEOh3VI.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Damn Onions....

*Sniffle*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

13 yr old cancer patient gets to play with his heroes.
    S'cuse me as I go chop some onions...
    http://youtu.be/EubTOGR3PWk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm not even a dog fan and this got to me...
    Screen-Shot-2014-09-08-at-15.22.00-e1410186150549.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

^^^^^
    I recently had to put down my dog I had since I was 10 - absolutely bawling here ya bastard !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good Lord.. I work in a vet clinic and I see that on a regular basis and it got to me too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I lost. So much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

^
    Ah seriously, that is heartbreaking. That last line, "I had a wonderful time", is so poignant. What more could a dog ask for? That will stick with me for a while :(

Reading that while The Last of Us's opening is playing in another tab. Double feels. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'm an absolute sap at the best of times but that did nothing to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I posted this in another thread also. Its a rare image of Ayrton Senna on the evening before he was killed on May 1st 1994. He is getting included in a photo of a wedded couple who were having their function at the same hotel he was staying at. Sadly missed. :(

321747.jpg

• Advertisement

Advertisement