Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

To me there's just moo-cows and bulls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Yeah a bullock is a castrated bull. I was horrified when I learned exactly how farmers go about turning a bull into a bullock....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Yeah a bullock is a castrated bull. I was horrified when I learned exactly how farmers go about turning a bull into a bullock....

Aaaaaaah gway it's not horrible. :P depends on what age you do it like! under 2 months you can just put a band on them and they fall off! over that sure all you do is chop em off!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Same with horses, also a great way of telling the country from the townies apart, is whenever Im asked what a gelding is I always just say a stallion who was cut. Townies always have looks of horror, but thats what we always said, never any fancy label just, a horse who was cut..

Culchies 4 life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Talking about castrating animals... Lovely start to the new den! :D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I'm all packed. I think. I swear I'll forget something. I also have a million pieces of paper with boarding passes, train timetables, directions to hostels...ya, I'm definitely gunna lose something :P

Also my suitcase now weighs 14.2kg even though I bought a lighter one. Dammit. My souvenir hoarding will definitely weigh more than .8kg! Why didn't I just book aerlingus for the whole thing...

I'm sure a million pieces of paper will free up a bit of space when you get rid of them on the way back!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Dude I'm not jumping on a guy, that's gross!
    Jeez, you really are trying to
    ... start over and pretend no-one know who (you are) now
    aren't you?! :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

....this might just be my lack of imagination but how many different ways could there possibly be of doing that? :confused: I guess it's a bit more complicated than "hold it still and lob 'em off with a cleaver" then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Also my suitcase now weighs 14.2kg even though I bought a lighter one. Dammit. My souvenir hoarding will definitely weigh more than .8kg! Why didn't I just book aerlingus for the whole thing...

Somehow my suitcase gained almost a kilo on the journey up :P

London baby! Even if for very briefly...then onto Krakow tomorrow!

....this might just be my lack of imagination but how many different ways could there possibly be of doing that? :confused: I guess it's a bit more complicated than "hold it still and lob 'em off with a cleaver" then?

There's like 5/6 ways :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    There's like 5/6 ways :P
    One including the use of bricks... >.<

... AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Have you ever seen it being done? Nothing else I've ever seen has made me so uncomfortable! They come along with their big massive vice-grips thing and squeeze and the then-half-bull-half-bullock is going bonkers and ahhhowwww :'(

I think it's just the blood supply they're cutting off, but still! Look at these things!

191-263-large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Cool conversation bros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Have you ever seen it being done? Nothing else I've ever seen has made me so uncomfortable!
    De-horning always squicked me out much more, probably because of the smell though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Have you ever seen it being done? Nothing else I've ever seen has made me so uncomfortable! They come along with their big massive vice-grips thing and squeeze and the then-half-bull-half-bullock is going bonkers and ahhhowwww :'(

I think it's just the blood supply they're cutting off, but still! Look at these things!

191-263-large.jpg

:(

Not a very nice topic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Lawliet wrote: »
    De-horning always squicked me out much more, probably because of the smell though

I've helped out in that job. Never fun seeing their eyes turn pure white. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

This new den scares me.....I want the old one back!
    There was no talk of castration there! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Well done, we've scared off all possible newcomers to the den!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I´ve been on dairy farms plenty of times... never have a seen this horror :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

OK guys, can we please just mooooo-ve on from this?

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

This new Den is making me feel old.

This old Den is also making me feel old.
    don%20ray%20and%20the%20den.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Those were the days.

But remember all the times those b*stards Podge and Rodge tried to steal christmas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I do! They were the first real villains of my childhood. It's nearly a shame that they went all panto in their later years, they used to be so sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

OH MY GOD!! Mammy Ray! Zig and Zag! DUSTIN!!!!!!!!
    Christ. Am I that old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

I dont believe it. You plonker. Who???

I need to leave my mark. with my extreme long posts and random crap. Ill be back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Where's Bosco?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I'm still awake/

Now if i go to sleep I won't wake until 2 or 3pm and the day is wasted.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

seanbmc wrote: »
    I'm still awake/

Now if i go to sleep I won't wake until 2 or 3pm and the day is wasted.

:mad:
    You're not alone :(

Advertisement