Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBMC for android has finally launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Excellent thanks

EDIT:
    Just installed it on my HTC Desire HD :)

Mother of XBMC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Pretty cool.
    I might actually try this on my Blackberry Playbook later tonight. I highly doubt it'll work but I'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Does this mean that XBMC will now fully work on something like the MK802 Android TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'm really impressed! Tested on Galaxy S2 - works as good as on a laptop. Smooth experience! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Really nice! Is there a way I can wirelessly hook this up to play from my device on my TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Nice spot OP, working well on my Sony S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Will try with my touchpad cm9 later tonight?

kinda off topic: Whats this about using the XBOX360 controller with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

No support for Jelly Bean yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

neacy69 wrote: »

I think they were talking about the PC version when they mentioned the 360 controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

No support for Jelly Bean yet?

It does, it's just the latest version not working. It works fine on my SGS3 with 4.1.2 but not on my Nexus 7 with 4.2.1.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It does, it's just the latest version not working. It works fine on my SGS3 with 4.1.2 but not on my Nexus 7 with 4.2.1.

Cheers, but it's devices with 4.2.1 I'm hoping to put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys,
    Tempted to try this on my Nexus 10 but what does it actually do?

All the best,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Does it work without root?

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Tempted to try this on my Nexus 10 but what does it actually do?

All the best,
    M

It's an amazing media player that works on many playforms, Windows, Linux, Mac, Apple TV and now Android. It's main feature is customisability
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC
    http://leetstreet.net/blog/2010/11/xbox-media-centre/

It won't work on the Nexus until the next version.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

This is all very new to me so I went and did a bit of reading up on it on their site.

Would I be right in saying that you esentially can use this as a way of streaming media to your tv? If so is there instructions on how to use it for that?

I have a desire HD and I see above someone has installed it on theirs so I'm just curious as to the advantage to having it on a mobile device as opposed to say a laptop or pc.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seems to be aimed at the PC version of XBMC, however, the wired XBOX controller works really well with Android (needless to say you need a USB port), so there's a chance they have included this support in the Android version of XBMC. Not sure why you'd want to use a wired Xbox controller to control your media experience, but there you have it. I can check if this support is included on the Android platform this evening.

This is all very new to me so I went and did a bit of reading up on it on their site.

Would I be right in saying that you esentially can use this as a way of streaming media to your tv? If so is there instructions on how to use it for that?

I have a desire HD and I see above someone has installed it on theirs so I'm just curious as to the advantage to having it on a mobile device as opposed to say a laptop or pc.

Thanks in advance!

I think the main advantage would be to stream content from a storage to your tablet or phone or other android device (MK802 etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Does it work without root?
    Yes works perfect without rooting your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

Works perfect on 4.2.x. Heres a link to help you all out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1813089

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It's an amazing media player that works on many playforms, Windows, Linux, Mac, Apple TV and now Android. It's main feature is customisability
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC
    http://leetstreet.net/blog/2010/11/xbox-media-centre/

It won't work on the Nexus until the next version.

That is a pity :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

That is a pity :-(
    the link i provided has a working version

Installed this on my HP Touchpad last night and I am very impressed so far.

The interface is very good and easy to use. I have only used it to stream online content so far and the quality was very good and easy to set-up for "1channel" and "project free tv"

I havent set it up for using local files just yet but I need to get my home setup sorted before i look into that...I might even find that old laptop i have in the attic... to set up xbmc on it for the living room

Just installed this on Nexus 10, seriously impressed - even with SD streaming.
    I've been using it on an ATV2 for over a year and it is great to have it on a tablet.

Just installed this on Nexus 10, seriously impressed - even with SD streaming.
    I've been using it on an ATV2 for over a year and it is great to have it on a tablet.

Keeps crashing on my Nexus 10?? Any tips on getting it working??

Keeps crashing on my Nexus 10?? Any tips on getting it working??

A link to the latest nightly version has already been posted in this thread, use that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

working on transformer prime, can anyone recommend add ons, i have filmon as i live abroad,,, any with irish channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Installed this on my HP Touchpad last night and I am very impressed so far.

The interface is very good and easy to use. I have only used it to stream online content so far and the quality was very good and easy to set-up for "1channel" and "project free tv"

I havent set it up for using local files just yet but I need to get my home setup sorted before i look into that...I might even find that old laptop i have in the attic... to set up xbmc on it for the living room

Does nothing but crash on mine -CM9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Bluefoam wrote: »
    working on transformer prime, can anyone recommend add ons, i have filmon as i live abroad,,, any with irish channels?
    I don't think there is any way to get the Irish channels for free without an Irish IP, I think the cheapest way is to use a smart dns service which supports AerTv such as unblockus which will cost you US$5 a month. There is an AerTv addon for XBMC but I don't know if it works with the Android version, can anyone confirm?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Can't see any uses for this app whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Can't see any uses for this app whatsoever.

I think it's the best app I've ever installed on a tablet.

Advertisement