Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roadworks danger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Thought it was an ex-traffic warden's car that was torched? Or was there another incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

No he is actually the current traffic warden in Ross who retired from being a Garda Sergeant in Ross just last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Trevor Kent

germanator wrote: »
    No he is actually the current traffic warden in Ross who retired from being a Garda Sergeant in Ross just last year!

Ya heard about that. Think they know/caught who did that.

Also there was a spate of vandalism up my way where a few cars had their windows smashed etc. Perps were on foot apparently.

Needless vandalism.

No wonder Garda resources are stretched.

yeah i heard there was a person arrested over it, dont know if he was charged or not though...
    I wonder if its the same people doing it all... if it is then they are making a full time occupation of it!! There was a large number of cars burnt out last year aswell in the ross area, at least 10 in the space of about 2 weeks, including another Garda's own car outside his house, and another ross Garda had his car covered in acid, nobody was ever caught for thoes incidents either as far as i know

travelling in the road last night from the wexford direction, and there was a garda car in front of me which had pulled out from the hound car park, as we came to the roadworks i could see the cones moved again, and i couldnt believe it, the garda car drove out around the changed cones and just cut back in on the correct lane and kept driving!! then there were number of single cones in the middle of the lane every few yards which they just avoided aswell, and finally on the straight stretch before the roundabout in ross there were 2 roadwork signs and cones out on the middle of the road which they just drove around aswell and continued on!! Were they just oblivious to them or what, i dont know??? But i was stunned anyway that they didnt stop to move them out of the way!!

• Advertisement

travelling in the road last night from the wexford direction, and there was a garda car in front of me which had pulled out from the hound car park, as we came to the roadworks i could see the cones moved again, and i couldnt believe it, the garda car drove out around the changed cones and just cut back in on the correct lane and kept driving!! then there were number of single cones in the middle of the lane every few yards which they just avoided aswell, and finally on the straight stretch before the roundabout in ross there were 2 roadwork signs and cones out on the middle of the road which they just drove around aswell and continued on!! Were they just oblivious to them or what, i dont know??? But i was stunned anyway that they didnt stop to move them out of the way!!

I probably shouldnt be surprised, but I am.

Did they look like they were in a rush? I.e do you think the were on way to a call or just on patrol?

Did you get the reg number of the car? Thats surely reportable.

no they didnt seem to be rushing, and i was behind them until they pulled into the tesco shop! didnt take down the reg just remember it was a 07 d focus.. Mabey they went back out but its strange they would of passed them off in the first place without moving them

no they didnt seem to be rushing, and i was behind them until they pulled into the tesco shop! didnt take down the reg just remember it was a 07 d focus.. Mabey they went back out but its strange they would of passed them off in the first place without moving them

Strange since they seem to ignore what was a risk to road users.

still happening over the weekend anyway, taxi driver was telling me he was out that way a good few times every night over the weekend and the cones and signs were changed and i also see it myself on saturday night!

even in the lashing rain tonight the cones are still moved!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

even in the lashing rain tonight the cones are still moved!!!

This could be a case for Mulder and Scully.

well id say theres more chance of them solving it now than what anyone else is doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What houses are around there, it's a local for definite. Acting the as*hole !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

It's a 2.5km stretch , and it would be interesting to hear the whereabouts of the attack on the cones .

There are settled people living around the Cushinstown end of this line .

It was mentioned here before , that the culprits could come from within , but it got no support .

well the cones are being moved at the 2 ends of the length of the roadworks and some places in between, so i think they have to have a car or bike, because its definitly a mile between each end...

Someone passing through at that time so.

Cant believe this is still going on.

i think the only time this is going to stop is when the roadworks are finished!!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

It's a 2.5km stretch , and it would be interesting to hear the whereabouts of the attack on the cones .

There are settled people living around the Cushinstown end of this line .

It was mentioned here before , that the culprits could come from within , but it got no support .

Were there disputes or dissatisfaction over (any) compensation for this road widening project , was it a CPO. or other reasons that persons may feel aggrieved?

Outrageous this still continues unresolved. Should we donate to a budget IR Video Cam fund and donate to local Gardai station?

my friend driving the taxi was telling me he had a lucky escape last night on the way out to the hound at about 2am, as he came over the top of the hill there was a row of 3 or 4 cars on his lane and he barely had time to swerve and ended up hitting a number of cones to get in out of the way, luckily no injuries and only a few scuff marks on his car, he said the other cars didnt even stop they must of thought they were on the correct lane. When he got to the far side of the roadworks the cones and signs were moved directing traffic onto the wrong lane. He got out and moved them and on his way back in they were half moved out again as if whoever is doing it were in the middle of moving them when he came upon them!! I still cant understand how nobody has been seriously injured or even killed out there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Driving through there this morning there were cones in the middle of the lanes, it was a bit off a slalom to get through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He looks like a dedicated individual.I dont think he's going to stop when the roadworks are done

kneemos wrote: »
    He looks like a dedicated individual.I dont think he's going to stop when the roadworks are done

Or she? ;)

When there is a lack of cones to play around with I'm sure it will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

vicwatson wrote: »
    kneemos wrote: »

Or she? ;)

I came through the at about 3 this morning and it was only when I got to the other end that i realized I had been driving in the wrong lane, I was just lucky there was no traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »
    Or she? ;)

It's always the mans fault

well when the roadworks are gone theres nothing really they can do out there!! But yes, whoever is doing it is very dedicated alright, all night every night for all of 10 weeks solid now, they really must have nothing else to do, i just cant understand why they are not being caught, i mean everyone knows its a guarantee that the person/people are going to be out there every night so all it would take is one nights stakeout and they would most likely be caught!!

still no let up anyway, been happening every night since my last post, bar sunday i dont know about because i wasnt out that way that night but no doubt the were still at it that night too!!

still no let up anyway, been happening every night since my last post, bar sunday i dont know about because i wasnt out that way that night but no doubt the were still at it that night too!!

Someone is really bored.........like really. What will they do when the works finish?

There has been no accident so maybe just forget about it at this stage, no one is going to anything about it so what's the point in posting reports all the time when it really doesn't matter anymore :rolleyes:

theres been 3 accidents that i know of, 1 of which i came upon, small ones i know but still accidents as a result of this all the same, and im sure theres been more than that with the length its been happening, 3 months now!! and still no one has been caught... just goes to show the authorities couldnt really give a stuff about this... and i post to let people know to beware that its still happening and if it stops one person from an accident there then its worth it!!

• Advertisement

theres been 3 accidents that i know of, 1 of which i came upon, small ones i know but still accidents as a result of this all the same, and im sure theres been more than that with the length its been happening, 3 months now!! and still no one has been caught... just goes to show the authorities couldnt really give a stuff about this... and i post to let people know to beware that its still happening and if it stops one person from an accident there then its worth it!!

Have the Gardai been called to those accidents? If they have, coupled with the amount of exposure this has already received on radio, here, the NRA, County Council, RSA and others have been contacted it seems like it's gonna take someone to die before anyone will do anything about it.

Genuinely If I came across this I personally would shout VERY VERY loud at the authorities UNTIL SUCH TIME as they were either embarrassed into doing something or until they did something out of pure concern. Unfortunately I have no first hand experience of it so cannot very well talk to the authorities as I wouldn't know what to talk to them about, If I were you I'd be kicking ass, and wouldn't let it lie. Think of your civic duty to prevent a fatal accident.

Advertisement