Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whatsapp Multiple Numbers

• 22-11-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi, just a quick question.

I've got 2 phones (my irish number and a uk one cos i'm over in london studying at the minute)

Just wondering if its possible to add two numbers to the whatsapp so that people who have either of my numbers can see if i'm using the app too.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hi, just a quick question.

I've got 2 phones (my irish number and a uk one cos i'm over in london studying at the minute)

Just wondering if its possible to add two numbers to the whatsapp so that people who have either of my numbers can see if i'm using the app too.

thanks.

Hi, as far as I know this is not possible but there are a small few work arounds

1. Get android on your pc -

I have youwave and installed whatsapp on that and it works perfectly... Youwave is only free for a 7 day trial period but you can constantly uninstall/reinstall it and keep availing of the 7 day trial.

You might also consider partitioning your laptops hard drive and dual-booting your laptop with android and get whatsapp that way

2. Get a second (cheap) android phone.
    The likes of the samsung europa or vodafone smart and just take the sim card out.

3. iPod touch/ipad/Android tablet/philips gogear3 - ***not too sure if these work***
    Find whatsapp on either market and use it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭deflemonkid

Thanks a million for the suggestions, but i actually do have 2 android phones. The problem is i cant use the internet via my irish sim when i'm out of the house cos its too expensive and dual booting my laptop with android also seems like a lot of trouble just for one app. Also, that also has the same problem that i can only get the messages when i'm at home.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get messages sent from both accounts to one fone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 htcocacola

would it not be much easier to pass on you uk no to all the people with whatsapp on you irish phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Have you tried downloading it from the whatsapp download site twice with the same phone? 2 similar apps on one phone

Advertisement