Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaked Froyo HTC Sense ROM for the Desire

• 05-07-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭

The guys over at MYPPC.IT have got their hands on an Official 2.2 Sense beta ROM from HTC.

Highlights include an improved sense, 720p recording, and ofc Froyo goodness. I would expect to see these Italian guys to release a working ROM based on this soon enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

The "Car Panel" looks very interesting ..

Who else was expecting him to press "Meterologico" and for it to come up "Scorchio"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The "Car Panel" looks very interesting ..

Who else was expecting him to press "Meterologico" and for it to come up "Scorchio"?
    I've had that app since May. Not strictly a 2.2 thing.

If you want to change your thread title just go back to the thread list and just double click beside the thread title and you should be able to edit it.

Rooted my Desire last night so i'm now seriously dying to get my hands on this rom!

PAMG - any guesses on when it will be released?

Only guesses at the moment. The dev who has the leak now is working to remove the HTC watermark so that HTC can't trace who leaked the ROM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Rooted my Desire last night so i'm now seriously dying to get my hands on this rom!

PAMG - any guesses on when it will be released?

The Dev working on it says tomorrow or Thurs
    btw, tomorrow or thursday the ROM will be released, we almost finished to work on it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7080336&postcount=301

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

seen this video last night and all is can say is
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap* **

**May be an exaggeration

+ I know this is only a leak but im impressed with the turnaround all the same by HTC
    Especially considering the Hero debacle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

tempted to root my phone now but if htc have it that far along already i may just hold out for the official release

tempted to root my phone now but if htc have it that far along already i may just hold out for the official release

I was thinking the same, but rooting only took about 10 minutes and was really simple (using modaco method here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/14-jun-r6-riskfreeroot-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/ Thanks Inquitus!)

i used mybackup pro to back-up before and restore after and all is as it was ... AFAIK a backup and restore will be required with an official update to 2.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I was thinking the same, but rooting only took about 10 minutes and was really simple (using modaco method here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/307365/14-jun-r6-riskfreeroot-htc-desire-rooting-guide-now-with-hboot-0-80-and-os-to-1-21-support/ Thanks Inquitus!)

i used mybackup pro to back-up before and restore after and all is as it was ... AFAIK a backup and restore will be required with an official update to 2.2?

Does that app back up your home screen layouts? Tis a pain to rearrange everything after installing a new rom

yep it does - i found i had to remove and re-add a couple of widgets (not all, just 2 or 3 strangely) but it kept all shortcuts etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

yep it does - i found i had to remove and re-add a couple of widgets (not all, just 2 or 3 strangely) but it kept all shortcuts etc.

Sweet, I would thank you but I'm on the mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

is updating to froyo or gingerbread (whenever it's finally released) free or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Will be rooting so once this Rom is ready, mainly for the video recording improvements and the car tab looks interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Will be rooting so once this Rom is ready

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

+1. I will also follow this course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Hmmm this seems to be going the way of the Hero 2.1 upgrade. To be honest I've no problem with the stock 2.1 s/w except for always running out of space to install apps. Perhaps will have to investigate the rooting approach at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

OI wrote: »

So is it going to be Christmas like the links says, or two weeks away like is being said in the thread? :)

cormie wrote: »
    So is it going to be Christmas like the links says, or two weeks away like is being said in the thread? :)

If you have a rooted phone, the beta that has been leaked will be released today or tomorrow, over at xda , v0.4 is what we are waiting for.

Having seen the beta video, I agree with P@MG, it looks like it's fairly well down the development chain, and I can't see it being xmas when it is out. HTC have also stated the Desire will get 2.2 with Sense in Q3, this ties in with the state of the beta we are seeing, i.e. nearing completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

opus wrote: »
    Hmmm this seems to be going the way of the Hero 2.1 upgrade. To be honest I've no problem with the stock 2.1 s/w except for always running out of space to install apps. Perhaps will have to investigate the rooting approach at some stage.

+1 for me too. Wireless tethering I can live without because you need the usb connected anyway to power the phone.

But the lack of internal space for apps means I can't even get Google earth installed without dumping a large number of my useful apps

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    If you have a rooted phone, the beta that has been leaked will be released today or tomorrow, over at xda , v0.4 is what we are waiting for.

Having seen the beta video, I agree with P@MG, it looks like it's fairly well down the development chain, and I can't see it being xmas when it is out. HTC have also stated the Desire will get 2.2 with Sense in Q3, this ties in with the state of the beta we are seeing, i.e. nearing completion.

I have it rooted alright :) The last time you told me about the froyo rom, I think it was you :) you said it was working well but missing video recording. So does this new rom about to be released have everything working as it does on my current desire or can I expect to see some things missing? I don't really want the hassle of constantly having to root/flash roms etc. I'm happy enough to wait till Christmas if it means I'll only need to do it once for it to be ready, useable and I won't need to do it again to get any updates. Have you any idea on that at all? :)

cormie wrote: »
    I have it rooted alright :) The last time you told me about the froyo rom, I think it was you :) you said it was working well but missing video recording. So does this new rom about to be released have everything working as it does on my current desire or can I expect to see some things missing? I don't really want the hassle of constantly having to root/flash roms etc. I'm happy enough to wait till Christmas if it means I'll only need to do it once for it to be ready, useable and I won't need to do it again to get any updates. Have you any idea on that at all? :)

I'll let you know when I try it, but its a feature complete beta with 720p recording, wifi hotspots, full sense aswell as all the other Froyo goodness.

In that thread the guys seem to have 2 minor issues atm:

1) Voice Search doesn't work.
    2) In the HTC Clock/Weather widget it says My Location instead of using the wifi to get your real geolocation.

Either way these will both be fixed in the first few releases.

I would steer clear of it for a week or so while they iron out the inevitable bugs, after that I would imagine it ill be 100% working and stable, these guys have a proven track record of delivering ROMs at a higher standard then stock.

Cool thanks a lot for the info :) I might pop back here in 2 weeks or so and see how the progress is :) Thanks again!

Installing this now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Installing this now :D

Installing what? Link says thread closed until release.... :confused:

It's been released but the download links aren't working at the moment.

Gonna try it out as soon as I can download it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It's been released but the download links aren't working at the moment.

Gonna try it out as soon as I can download it!
    Theres plenty of mirrors in the thread I think.
    Now I just gotta examine the method used cause the 1st read confused me for some reason :confused:

Ok i've got this ROM installed now!

What can I say... It's absolutely brilliant. HTC have done a brilliant job even at this early stage. It's just incomparable to any of the other FroYo roms i've tried.

All the problems that HTC Sense 2.1 had are now gone by the looks of it and most importantly of all we have 720p working!

For those interested, it's not just a ROM install. You need to first install the ROM, reboot and then flash a new radio.

• Advertisement

Theres plenty of mirrors in the thread I think.
    Now I just gotta examine the method used cause the 1st read confused me for some reason :confused:
    Got a mirror and am running it now.

It's pretty simple, he just makes it sound very complicated.

1. Wipe everything
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Reboot the phone and start it as normal
    4. Reboot the phone into recovery and flash the radio

Then after that it should work as expected.

Advertisement