Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party in Carrick On Shannon Tomorrow!!

• 27-11-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Just seen pictures of the floods in COS it is so sad whats happening to people with the floods. A group of us are due to be going down to Carrick On Shannon tomorrow to a hen party, are we mad?? I dont know the name of the hotel we are in but one of the girls did ring wednesday and was told it was fine they are at the top of the town on a hill and never flood!! I am not sure of the name of our restaurant either. Are the pubs and clubs still operating as normal, are we going to be able to get from one place to another? Are we even going to be able to get into town?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The local taxi will get you to wherever you are going

evacuees.jpg

Nah, seriously I dont really know but someone else will I sure. Give a quick call to wherever you are booked into for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adnerb

Deadly - do you have his number?? :p

We are staying in the Bush Hotel... I have my wellies packed anyway just incase!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Hi Adnerb

I am from the town and yes the floods are very bad but it hasnt affected the upper part of the town, the Bush Hotels carpark is flooded from the back but can be accessed from the main street of the town. Regarding pubs etc, the best pubs are up on the Main Street where there is no flooding however, the night club is surrounded by water (The Landmark Hotel). I was at a wedding last weekend in it and the night club was still open however it looked very dangerous getting to it. Murtaghs is your best spot for this weekend (three floors of bars etc). Let me know if you need any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Adnerb

Cheers Blonde27 appreciate that. Murtaghs it is so... Think I will still have the wellies on hand just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Adnerb wrote: »
    Cheers Blonde27 appreciate that. Murtaghs it is so... Think I will still have the wellies on hand just in case!
    Bring a pair of waders while you're at it, there's spots where your wellies will turn into buckets very quickly :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement