Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Its really a lot of fun, the multiplayer especially. The cover makes it look more of a simulator than the arcade fun it is!
    What's the game in the bottom left...?

I really like the cover art!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Its a demo disc, seems to have been sold for the Prince's Trust charity from what I can gather. The cover art is quite striking, but the content is a bit dull, the standout demos being Tomb Raider, Destruction Derby 2 and one of those Net Yaroze games amongst a few others!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

That was once a 'controversial' bleeding thumbs ad. for Playstation. Controversy came easy in those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That was once a 'controversial' bleeding thumbs ad. for Playstation. Controversy came easy in those days.

In those days? Today the makers of it would be sued for causing offence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Picked up a few things over the weekend - little nemo:the dream master and solstice for the NES, and two n64 controllers along with mario golf, space station silicon valley and superman (had to get superman, feel it's a badge of honour to own a game held in such contempt)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked up a Japanese MD game in the rage. No idea what it is but it had nice artwork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I wondered into my usual charity shop hot spot on Saturday and found a Master System II, this is the 3rd boxed Master system II I picked up from this shop in recent months.. Sonic built in. I have 3 boxed Mastersystems now. She wanted 11 Euro which I though was too expensive so she gave it to me for 7 instead. Anyways when I got home and opened up the box I discovered Street Fighter II unboxed in there aswell. I have to say Street Fighter II on the master system is not as bad as I thought it would be, it's pretty colorful for an 8bit:).

I'll probably sell this master System for a sinfully dirty profit on adverts as I have no need for 3 of em lol. It's a minter and so is the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This is why you don't leave a big proxy bid on something and then go to bed with your fingers crossed.

It is also why you don't wait until after an auction to find out the horribly expensive postage price from the US.

Oh well, pretty desk clock is pretty. (Pretty ****ing expensive)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350421810068&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Father nesmas dropped in these

2191d39.jpg

And here's the N64 adaptor ready for use. The little pcb remnant that was stuck is safely out :)

10gl3zp.jpg

No sign of the PSone yet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Give us an update on how well that adapter works.

I visited RAGE today and got Diddy Kong Racing and DK64. My Rare N64 collection is complete. Anyway some great games for the N64 there and one I should have picked up but hoping it will still be there on my return visit.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Give us an update on how well that adapter works.

I visited RAGE today and got Diddy Kong Racing and DK64. My Rare N64 collection is complete. Anyway some great games for the N64 there and one I should have picked up but hoping it will still be there on my return visit.

I will indeed. There's no special circuitry inside it, it's more just a clever circuit board. Judging by the traces, it's simply using the CIC signal from a local region cart, and blocking the CIC signal of an import cart.

I've secured a deal with Augmerson for an NTSC N64 anyway with a few games, so I'll get to try it out after the hols. The adaptor needs a good scrub too, didn't realise how grubby it was until I looked at the photo :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd have to get one if it allows 60Hz on a PAL system or 50Hz games to 60Hz on an NTSC machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

This arrived from Germany today; a collector picked up a Pirate game from Thailand with a picture on the cart labelled GOD. Being the only cart ever seen with GOD on it, he got a lot of offers for it from serious collectors, so put 25 of these together, with awesome packaging:

conor044.jpg

A slot on the bottom to open it up:

conor045.jpg

conor046.jpg

The game itself!

conor047.jpg

The cart he found being a pirate cart, bore no resemblance to the picture on the cart (his was Ms. Pacman), so he used 25 different commons as carts. I got:

conor051.jpg

(Bad Pic) Bobby is going home!! Guess Home for poor Bobby was Heaven..

Also added some cool stickers:

conor049.jpg

conor050.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Iron Maiden the game? :P

Well spotted man ;)

haha, nice pickup though, not into the pirate scene at all but thats a really interesting piece

Well was €26 delivered, and one of only 25, so I said feck it why not. Got a lot of games to pick up yet, but enjoying picking up some obscure games along the way!:pac:

Yeah the odd obscure game really nice to get. I'm a big fan of anything limited edition aswell :P

Master of the Universe

REAL limited edition/rare stuff is great. I hate all this 'UBER 1337 LIMITED EDITION BOX SET!' that has half a billion copies made. Not very limited now, is it?

o1s1n wrote: »
    REAL limited edition/rare stuff is great. I hate all this 'UBER 1337 LIMITED EDITION BOX SET!' that has half a billion copies made. Not very limited now, is it?

Tell me about it, I seen a CIB mint & complete boxed Sonic 1 rare!!!"!!!!!!!"!!! for the megadrive on ebay last night, I was about to buy it purely because it's so rare :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think it's a prerequisite to put rare before any videogame you are selling on ebay otherwise ebay won't let you sell it.

Well it seems that way because there seems to be more rare games than common ones being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

I posted on here before about a big retro haul i made in a little charity shop. I got two spectrums, c64, bbc micro, an amiga600 and a floppy drive for the c64. Well the ladies in the shop said they'd save me any consoles that pop up as they dont sell apparently. I stopped by today and they had this for me.

PICT1107.jpg
    Its all wrapped up in plastic, theres a disk called a dream key and thats also still shrink wrapped. The only problem is there isnt a power wire with it! How much would one set me back? I got it for free so i would mind splashing out, but if theres one from another console that will work that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dreamkey was the disc to access the Dreamcasts online network.
    Think I still have my disk somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The dreamcast PSU is internal isn't it? So all you'd need is a fairly common standardised cable like this one I thiiiink? 517VFbFRdnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Lots of things uses those...playstation 1+2, original xbox, small stereo/boomboxes. should be easy and cheap to get

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm sitting here looking up stuff on the internet with iTunes open in the background. It must have been awhile ago but I downloaded the Silent Hill 2 Soundtrack and threw it on, and so music is playing randomly and from out of nowhere comes this ****ing weird voice, freaked me out. It says on iTunes it's 'Are you Sure?'

Wow, picked up a load of stuff in a Charity shop last night, couldn't get home so no pics till later:

CIB Snes Krusty's Super Fun House
    CIB MD Robocop Vs Terminator
    CIB MD SF2 Special Champion Edition
    CIB MD Mortal Kombat
    CIB MD Rugby World Cup 1995
    Cart only Snes Supermarioworld
    Cart only MD Megagames 6

All for a fiver! It really is worth making sure those old ladies know you're the weird but nice guy looking for games :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Made my Christmas visit to RAGE, got marble madness and mickey in castle of illusion for MD and SCI and Sonic2 for master system, not to mention a groovy power up mushroom logo RAGE bag, nice, 23 in all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Made my Christmas visit to RAGE, got marble madness and mickey in castle of illusion for MD and SCI and Sonic2 for master system, not to mention a groovy power up mushroom logo RAGE bag, nice, 23 in all

Heh I was in the other day and almost got castle of illusions. Have it on the gamegear and fancy trying the MD version :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Castle of Illusion is brilliant! I got that on Christmas day along with Sonic and a Megadrive back in 92. Played it to death. Really regret trading it in. Had to though, needed more games!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement