Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

double sided boiler stove??

Options
  • 14-03-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could get a double sided stove with a boiler? Something around 18 kw. Or is it possible to get one of these.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

It is possible to get a double sided stove with a boiler. There is an Irish stove manufacturer that make that type. They are based in Munster.:D
    I'm not sure if they do a 18kw but give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

RKQ wrote: »
    It is possible to get a double sided stove with a boiler. There is an Irish stove manufacturer that make that type. They are based in Munster.:D
    I'm not sure if they do a 18kw but give them a ring.

Thanks RKQ, could you please pm me there details. Thanks

Hi Farmer Dan. PM sent.
    I'm not connected in any way but my in-laws just had one installed and they are delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanc50

Hi Rkq and farmer dan. Can someone pm me the details of supplier in Munster. Again I am looking for a double sided stove with a boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Hi, I was looking for one of these previously, but couldn't find one - it was to fit into an existing double sided fireplace.

What I had considered, which may or may not be appropriate for you, was to build in a back boiler to the side of the fireplace (perhaps even another on the other side if big enough) and then fit those boiler type doors to the opening on either side - making it appear like a built in boiler.

You could also fit a damper as well if you had sufficient room. I had free reign with our chimney as we are doing a major renovation, so the work wasn't really an issue.

However, have changed direction completely now and are going to put in a bio-ethanol fire instead.

• Advertisement

seanc50 wrote: »
    Hi Rkq and farmer dan. Can someone pm me the details of supplier in Munster. Again I am looking for a double sided stove with a boiler.

Hi Seanc50,
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 outiesta

Can I also get a PM please. Been looking at these for a while. Thanks

Advertisement