Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPC Horizon TV App for Android

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Not sure if anyone noticed but "Horizon Phone" is now available on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upc.horizon.phone

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

Great find. but I have a problem. It will work fine for looking at live TV on my Xperia Z1, but on Nexus 7 I get told that "In order to watch this you need to be on a UPC network" I'm using the same UPC wifi for both.

Any suggestions?

I downloaded and installed the app yesterday and I've got the same issue with my Nexus 10 running 4.4.2

I'm connected to a wireless router hooked up to my Horizon box, so that might be an issue. Although the external IP address should identify the device as being on the UPC network, perhaps the app checks with the Horizon box to determine if the device is in its list of DHCP clients. Just clutching at straws here. I'll connect directly to the Horizon Wi-Fi and see if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Out on google play now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Just tried it there on my Nexus 4 and it works great ( if you could hear me saying that then you detect the surprise in my voice )

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

On my Nexus 7 I get the "Not available in your country" but it installed and works fine on Nexus 4???? Any ideas why this happens??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Jimmy Narrow Butterfly

Telling me it's not compatible with nexus 5 or SGS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

just got official app and working well on my Z1
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lgi.orionandroid

CinSoots wrote: »
    On my Nexus 7 I get the "Not available in your country" but it installed and works fine on Nexus 4???? Any ideas why this happens??

I installed it on my Nexus 7 last night and it worked perfectly .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

jonski wrote: »
    I installed it on my Nexus 7 last night and it worked perfectly .
    ...and it won't work on mine. Wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Telling me it's not compatible with nexus 5 or SGS3?

What version of Android on the S3, my wife has it working fine on her S3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Working for me on a Moto G and Galaxy Tab 10. I do get random no connection/retry messages every now and again which a retry solves.

The S3 has the latest version of android available for that model from eMobile. Don't have the phone to hand. Although it's not working on the Nexus 5 either. Tested earlier this morning on Galaxy Tab and HTC One. Same message - "No compatible devices". A strange one.

I'd have expected the app to be KitKat compatible, although this is UPC and it's taken this long just to get an Android version. :rolleyes:
    M.J.M.C wrote: »
    What version of Android on the S3, my wife has it working fine on her S3

I'd have expected the app to be KitKat compatible, although this is UPC and it's taken this long just to get an Android version. :rolleyes:

Both my Nexus 4 & 7 are running the latest KitKat and it's working fine on them .

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

The S3 has the latest version of android available for that model from eMobile. Don't have the phone to hand. Although it's not working on the Nexus 5 either. Tested earlier this morning on Galaxy Tab and HTC One. Same message - "No compatible devices". A strange one.

my z1 has kitkat too and it works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

CinSoots wrote: »

I figured out what was wrong, I had Hola turned on for a different country!!! Working ok now.

Damn it, it must be something with my account perhaps. Will check it out.

Advertisement