Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax Office Help With learner Permit! Help Much Appreciated!

• 19-12-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello

2 Questions today,any help would be wonderful!!

1) So I just passed my driver theory test and I am planning on applying for the license at the tax office.My first question is will the license be issued on the spot or will it have to be sent away?

2)In relation to Castlebar Motor Tax Office,what are the closing date if anyone knows for this Christmas 2011

Many thanks for all the help I Hope to Receive
    Many thanks
    David

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to Learning to Drive.

Generally they will be posted out, but on occasion they will do them on the spot. It depends on the day really.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

Amsirp wrote: »
    Hello
    2 Questions today,any help would be wonderful!!
    1) So I just passed my driver theory test and I am planning on applying for the license at the tax office.My first question is will the license be issued on the spot or will it have to be sent away?
    2)In relation to Castlebar Motor Tax Office,what are the closing date if anyone knows for this Christmas 2011
    Many thanks for all the help I Hope to Receive Many thanks
    David

congrats on passing --
    most of the time , they will post it out but they will give u slip of paper
    to use whilst waiting

one piece of advice
    read your application form and tick of ur stuff as u have them and put all in an
    envelope as u tick them off
    make sure u have all forms and pictures ready and signed
    and it quickens up the time spent in there

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

congrats on passing --
    most of the time , they will post it out but they will give u slip of paper
    to use whilst waiting

This is not true when applying for your first Learner Permit. You are only licensed when you have it in your hand. No matter what the person behind the counter says.

This would be true in the case of renewing a full driving license, but not in this case.

Advertisement