Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 Online: The Game

• 12-03-2012 3:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has signed up for the beta? Apparently it might be rolling out to closed beta signups this coming weekend to coincide with the start of the F1 2012 season.

Really looking forward to this game. Should eat away at my free time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Yep I signed up. Looks good so far. This was on the games facebook page:
    Last week we hit a major milestone in the game's development, we deployed a version of the game to our new Beta environment. This will be the servers where we test the game during Beta, mirroring our eventual environment for launch. Soon we'll be ready to start sending out Beta invites, but we're not quite there yet.

There will also be an announcement regarding the F1 2012 game on the codemasters forums tomorrow at 2pm, but I think it will just be an official announcement that they will be making the game and a rough release date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yep I signed up. Looks good so far. This was on the games facebook page:

There will also be an announcement regarding the F1 2012 game on the codemasters forums tomorrow at 2pm, but I think it will just be an official announcement that they will be making the game and a rough release date.

Just an annoucement that the have extended their contract on F1 games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is this a browser sim or just a browser management game with a bit of driving fun?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ScumLord wrote: »
    Is this a browser sim or just a browser management game with a bit of driving fun?

I got into the beta of this. It's fairly interesting. Still very buggy. Basically you can create your own team, set out objectives, race against 23 other races in a top down micro machines fashion and get XP based on your position. You then unlock car upgrades and HQ upgrades for research, marketing etc.

There's also a championship option to play out each race at your own pace which gives you a larger reward at the end of it.

The cars start off like GP3 cars, or class 'U' as they brand it. You can keep researching and upgrading until you've got the parts ready for the next step.

I quite like the game, but in terms of the racing its a bit pants. I wasn't expecting to physically control the car, instead view the team and make strategic decisions during the race. Presentation is slick. It's a browser game but the cache is almost 500mb on my PC atm. It doesn't download all the tracks at once, only the ones you participate in and then stores them.

Advertisement