Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Discounts

• 13-12-2008 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Could we have a student discount thread stickied and everyone can post where their student card has got them discounts or where we can ask about student discounts? Please. :)

I've gotten discounts in Topshop, NewLook, HMV and Dorothy Perkins. You can also get student haircuts at PeterMarks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I got 20cents off a box of surgical gloves in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

xavi

barretts shoe shop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Subway
    Zumo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

These are replies to the student discount thread in Bargain Alerts.

5% off in GameStop - 10% off in Heatons

10% discount in zavvi. You need a valid student card and you have to register in store. Only takes 5 mins though

10% in HMV (they'll give you their own student card when you show your normal one)

10% in Schuh

Most cinemas give a discount too.

10% off in Arnotts Jervis Centre branch for students. It's their new premises, lots of nice things there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

10% student discount at O' Sullivan's Graphic Supply shop, Camden Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

No official student discount, but McGuirk's Golf in Blanchardstown SC gave me 10% off when I asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephenroberson

Studentsinneed have a FREE discount card

www.studentsinneed.com

all of the discounts are available online, laods of cool brands on the card!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Studentsinneed have a FREE discount card

www.studentsinneed.com

all of the discounts are available online, laods of cool brands on the card!!

Em, does the above only apply to students in the UK??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 delighted.

Do Irish student cards work in the UK for getting discounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mhogan101

Almost every place do student discounts now but most of the places don't advertise that fact, if you are not shy chance your luck everywhere but there are also great sites that tell you where, some though you have to buy a card like usit and VIP card but there are others like student deals and student smart that are free... I never pay full price and I'm sure I've saved hundreds over the years :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Hughes and Hughes give a 20% discount...well at least in Cork airport anyway - but I think they're pretty much the same across the board (and they do have an ordering system in the airport store). Iused to work there :rolleyes: Those were the days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mhogan101

That's a brilliant discount, 20% is alot for a book store... I was gutted last week when a friend told me they saved a fortune on driving lessons through studentsmart website, I paid full wack for 7 of them few months ago, didn't even think to ask about a student discount :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Sweetie79

a-wear 15% off with the student card:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Topman has 15% off at the moment, not sure how long it's for though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Burtons have 15% off too

Can you use your student card in england??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Looks like HMV are doing away with their 10% student discount,I heard they should be some kind of reward card to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Mother Reilly's on Upper Rathmines Road does a student discount, all pints are €3.50 when you show them a student card (any student card, not just the travel one).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Londis have 10% off, and when you're getting roll for €1.77 you can't ask for more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

jack and jones does 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Looks like HMV are doing away with their 10% student discount,I heard they should be some kind of reward card to replace it.

yep the HMV discount is finished :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 some1unohere

speaking of good deals, you can get a student version of quicktax/turbotax for free from easytaxes.org and intuit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

i just ask everywhere most places do give one but they may not advertise it. works for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

hey guys students can get education discounts from apple from their online store..

www.apple.com/ie/aoc

if your in UCC, DIT, UCD, TRINITY, NCAD, DCU.

if your not , DIT.IE and search 'apple' its unsecured so theres no login way of telling if your a student or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 yellowfolder

Oasis,
    Boots, Warehouse and Hickeys pharmacy on Grafton Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Elverys... was sickened when I found out cuz had bought loads of stuff in there only for my sister to tell me a few days later about their student discount :mad:
    Heatons also do discount.. not 100% if its heatons or just sportsworld in there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

american apparel + urban outfitters both do 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 48 smellslikelemon

Domino's have a 12% student discount but it's not applicable to any of the deals, so basically only if you're getting a pizza on it's own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Do many of the discounts mentioned still apply. Or is just a matter of asking

Advertisement