Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Express Finglas....

• 30-07-2011 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

There will be a new Tesco Express on Cardiffsbridge Road (up beside the big Church) opening soon, saw signs today in Tesco Extra and on the hoarding itself outside the new store... no date as of yet though.

You can contact the Tesco Extra store at Clearwater if you want to apply for a job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

January wrote: »

You can contact the Tesco Extra store at Clearwater if you want to apply for a job.
    maybe the people in the spar shop directly next door and the other shop 2 doors up should get in early and apply before tesco puts their employers out of business. It will be interesting to see what the prices will be like before and after they send those 2 shops to the wall.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

in fairness to those two shops would they be much of a loss?

Spar has the rudest people in the world working there, you are standing there waiting to be served and they just continue reading their paper and you never know what time they are going to open at in the morning.

as for the chinese shop - i think that is the scariest places in finglas, i was in there on Friday night and wasnt sure i was going to get out in one piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    in fairness to those two shops would they be much of a loss?

Nope, the woman who seems to be owner/manager of the Spar who's there at "opening time" every morning to sign for the deliveries is one of the rudest "small shop" owners I've ever encountered. Also, it must be the only Spar in the country that doesn't take Laser, wtf is up with that?

The other shop is grand, I just don't go in because they don't sell my brand of smokes, but at least the chinese guy who works there is friendly.

If I was going down there for bread or milk or anything, I'd go into the non-Spar shop.

This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.

The only Tesco I even half don't mind going into is the one in Artane Castle. Clare Hall isn't bad either I suppose.

ahh the chinese shop is grand, they're nice and friendly. they do have to put up with local scum frequenting it more than spar though. Just throw a few shapes when you walk in, blend in with the other customers and you'll be grand.

Can't argue with you about yer one in spar though, I feel like doing a dance to get her attention some days, and then she looks at you with a face like thunder. I think I'll stick with the chinese shop though, the staff are nice and smiley in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

[QUOTE=Des;73600312This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.

.[/QUOTE]

My issue with this place is not the staff but the unbelileivable levels aof scum that frequent the place,almost everybody seems to be buying drink,kids are commonly running round at 11 at night and the place is riddled with scumbags in pajamas rampaging through the shop.

• Advertisement

and people stealing lemons :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Des wrote: »
    This new Tesco is being run by the same people who run the Tesco in Clearwater though, so I expect yet more rude, surly staff in there too, to match the absolute dregs of society who work in Clearwater Tesco.
    Not true at all. Separate shop, separate managers, separate staff. Would love to know where you got that information :rolleyes:. As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.

PenguinMan wrote: »
    As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.

There are always exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Not true at all. Separate shop, separate managers, separate staff. Would love to know where you got that information :rolleyes:. As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.

Bet I can guess where you work ;)

David900 wrote: »
    Bet I can guess where you work ;)
    You absolutely can. And I'm not gonna lie, some of the people I work with are indeed extremely rude to customers but I'm not like that. I've no reason to be rude or ignorant to customers. I don't particularly like it when I'm in other shops and staff are rude to me, so I'm not going to be a hypocrite and be like that in my own workplace.

• Advertisement

As for the staff in Clearwater, not all are rude or surly.

err...........have you ever shopped there? well, i sure as hell dont anymore.

they are the rudist, most ignorant shop staff i have ever encountered in my life.

there is even a facebook page deciated to the rudenss of the staff

err...........have you ever shopped there? well, i sure as hell dont anymore.

they are the rudist, most ignorant shop staff i have ever encountered in my life.

Shopped and worked there. It's unfair to generalise the entire workforce there based on some of the staff. Like I've said above, we're not all like that.

Is there?

Degsy wrote: »
    Is there?

patience, give her a few mins to set it up.

Is there?

yeah, am pretty sure i got it from your page :)

yeah, am pretty sure i got it from your page :)

Nope..

Nope..

its somewhere on my page - i dont have access to facebook in work

its somewhere on my page - i dont have access to facebook in work

Send me the invite laters,,i'm pretty sure i havnt seen it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've always found Tescos Clearwater to be very clean & well stocked, and the staff to be no better or worse than shops anywhere else in this city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Clearwater gets a lot of abuse, mainly I would say due to certain clientèle that frequent the place, there's not a lot that can be done about that. If I was to put up with these people everyday I would understandably be surly on occasions.

• Advertisement

Ya wanna see surly staff try DID electrical across from Tesco.

Ya wanna see surly staff try DID electrical across from Tesco.

Bought a JVC camcorder from them not so long ago.

Good customer service, cut a nice chunk off the asking price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I wonder how many of the Finglas heads would shop in clearwater if they hung union jacks from the entrance.

Finglas village is already depleted enough as it is without another tesco opening up. I wonder do HQ in the UK know exactly what sort of area there moving into with this one. God love the trainee manager getting a 'promotion' up to this spot.

bc dub wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the Finglas heads would shop in clearwater if they hung union jacks from the entrance.

I'd still shop in Lidl even if they hung Swastikas up, and used their new ovens in their new bakery in Glasnevin for not cooking bread.

bc dub wrote: »

Bit of a thick thing to say tbh.

Des wrote: »
    I'd still shop in Lidl even if they hung Swastikas up, and used their new ovens in their new bakery in Glasnevin for not cooking bread.

Good point, well made ;)

but there is no way in hell, we will darken the door Clearwater again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've always found Tescos Clearwater to be very clean & well stocked, and the staff to be no better or worse than shops anywhere else in this city.
    Bought a JVC camcorder from them not so long ago.

Good customer service, cut a nice chunk off the asking price too.

It's just fear of you. :pac:

Advertisement