Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel System pram

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

FTM here and I am sooooo overwhelmed by all of this

We live in a teeny tiny house close to city centre Dublin with minimal storage (don't even have a hall to leave the buggy in, it'll be in a small space beside the sofa), so my priorities are compact and lightweight.

I'd ideally like something easy to fold too, seeing as I'll likely be folding it all the time in the house to save space. And I'm pathetically weak, often can't even unscrew the lids on water bottles, so it needs to be easy to fold.

I'd like something to use from newborn, ideally both forward- and rear-facing, that's easy to manoeuvre on the Luas and buses. Some basket space would be nice too. We will also be needing a car seat.

Any suggestions?

You're like everyone in Islington - get a Bugaboo Bee and the newborn cocoon, and a Maxi-Cosi car seat.
    Beanybabog wrote: »
    How far in advance do you need to order these things. There's a baby fair on 1st October and I'm due 26.11.2016. Would I be mad to wait? Are there good deals at the fair?

We ordered our pram when I was 22 weeks thinking we were being all organised. I ended up replacing it when he was 4 weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Thanks. Would you think it's it enough time to order a pram if I didn't have one until the fair?

I'd imagine so, that's what - 6 weeks from your due date? definitely do your research first and give the buggies a trial run in the shops, check they fit the boot of your car etc. cos there isn't room to swing a cat at the baby fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

xalot wrote: »
    I'd imagine so, that's what - 6 weeks from your due date? definitely do your research first and give the buggies a trial run in the shops, check they fit the boot of your car etc. cos there isn't room to swing a cat at the baby fair!

My dilemma is I have to upgrade the car first :D. And I have no money right now coz I just bought a house. I don't do things in halves :D:D

Advertisement