Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2015 Babies Club

• 29-01-2015 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi folks!

As the title suggests, this thread is dedicated to all the lovely ladies due in October 2015!

After many late night peeing trips, spotting, nausea and falling asleep at 9pm, I finally got a positive result yesterday morning!

I've been married a month and a half and my husband's face was priceless when I told him that I'd a present for him ("I hope it fits!") and he pulled out a babygro with a cute personal joke on the front :) I'm living abroad but I'm sure once we tell my mother-in-law in a few months, she'll be over the moon (first grandchild!) Currently battling language barriers on doctor's trips, but absolutely delighted with the news!

How're ye ladies feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Hi Elly_Welly. Congratulations on your exciting news!!!

I am not in it, but there is already an October thread started in case you wanted to have a look: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057364808

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Many thanks Ms Tootsie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

There's nobody in the other thread but me! I was getting lonely over there :D We can stay here either Elly.

Congrats on your good news. I'm almost 6 weeks. Waiting on a letter back from the Coombe with my first appointment/scan date. I had my daughter there in Feb '13

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Hi all, going to be joining ye here I reckon, 3 positive pregnancy tests today, can ye guess this is our first! Online calculator says I am due 30th sept but think I will stick to this thread!

Very very nervous and excited here! No real symptoms except sore boobs, back and bloating. No sickness yet, hope it stays that way!

Congrats elly and Typer! Exciting times ahead for us all!

Congrats Orlyice! Very exciting times. Great that you're not feeling too sick. Hope that lasts! I had no nausea on my last pregnancy so I'm hoping this one follows suit! I'm 6 weeks and just tired and light headed in the middle of the day. I'm struggling a bit with working shift work (10 hour days) and having a 2 year old but just have to get on with it :D

where are you based? Have you decided on a hospital yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

We are in Clare so Limerick maternity is where our little one will make its entrance. Wow fair play, shift work is hard enough without being pregnant and havin little one.

It's funny you should mention being light headed, I started a diet a few weeks ago and was a light lightheaded over last couple of weeks, I was putting it down to consuming fewer calories! Guess I was wrong! Oh well diet is gone out the window now, was wondering why I was so bloated haha

I am terrified of morning sickness, I have an extremely strong stomach, probably won't make a difference but hopefully i mightn't get any morning sickness, fingers crossed for you too Typer that sickness stays away!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

Hi ladies, I will be joining ye, going by my dates I'm due October 13th. This is my second pregnancy.I've known for a few days, only told my other half this morning, he's very excited.

I didn't think the cravings would start this early but I'm crazy for mayonnaise and I hardly ever eat it. Also, my since of smell has increased which is driving me mad.

I'm planning to go to the doctors next week to get the ball rolling. Hope ye are all well

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Due date 7th October. Holles Street.

Congrats Entropy7, is this your first?

I have a cold now to add to my general misery :o have to work tonight and then I'm off for 5 days. Very happy about that! It's my little girl's birthday on Tuesday so will have a fun day with her. The play centre, swings and cake..a 2 year old's nirvana!

Hope everyone feeling ok

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

It will be our first baby :)

I had a missed miscarriage last year, so happy to be moving on from that. We'll see how this one goes.

It's really early days so I'm trying not to get too excited. Although... I did buy an Angelsounds doppler online today and I've been look at 'travel systems' too.

I felt pregnant for about a week before the positive test(s). Took a few HPTs that were negative, but I knew I was testing too early.

Feeling great, just very tired all the time.

• Advertisement

MsGrumpy wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I will be joining ye, going by my dates I'm due October 13th. This is my second pregnancy.I've known for a few days, only told my other half this morning, he's very excited.

Congrats MsGrumpy! How old is your first? How are finding things second time around? I put on almost five stone on my last pregnancy. I lost it all over about six months but it was bloody hard work so I'm definitely not gonna let that happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

Congrats MsGrumpy! How old is your first? How are finding things second time around? I put on almost five stone on my last pregnancy. I lost it all over about six months but it was bloody hard work so I'm definitely not gonna let that happen again!

He's 6 years old, will be 7 at the end of October so I have a good age gap.

I had no problems with the last pregnancy, no symptoms at all. This time round I am noticing every little change, from the cramps, breast pain and sense of smell. I was 7 weeks when I found out for my first so maybe I didn't take any notice to the signs.

I put on 4 stone, it was horrible. My whole body just swelled, stretch marks everywhere. I will definitely be watching my diet and covering myself in bio oil every day.

How are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

So after 2 and half years of trying but not stressing about it, I found out this morning I am pregnant with our first!

I am over the moon, but it hasnt really sunk in just yet!

Went to my gp this morning to confirm and was told I am 5 and half weeks pregnant, due date OCT 6TH!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

Oh My God, did a first response test yesterday and 2 lines came up... delighted and shocked and excited and nervous and worried and O my god :):) Docs app on Friday...sooo exciting

Congrats to nono2012 and all the expecting ladies! :D

I haven't seen a doctor since I found out because I heard that the first appointment should be between 9-12 weeks -- is this true?

Congrats cruais and nono!

How is everyone feeling? I'm doing ok. Feeling bit nauseous in the evenings and having trouble sleeping but otherwise not too bad. I'm starting to show a little which is very concerning. I know second pregnancies show earlier but this is ridiculous. It's only a tiny bump though but it's hard and round..really hope there's only one in there! :eek:

Still waiting on my letter from the coombe. They were much quicker last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Congrats cruais and nono!

How is everyone feeling? I'm doing ok. Feeling bit nauseous in the evenings and having trouble sleeping but otherwise not too bad. I'm starting to show a little which is very concerning. I know second pregnancies show earlier but this is ridiculous. It's only a tiny bump though but it's hard and round..really hope there's only one in there! :eek:

Still waiting on my letter from the coombe. They were much quicker last time.

Many Congrats to you both Typer Monkey & Nono!

I am feeling ok! I don't think it has really sank in just yet. Thank goodness I have no nauseousness, but I have not doubt that I won't get away with that for much longer.

My back has been very sore for past 3 weeks, and clothes have gotten a lot tighter already, so like you I am praying there is just one little munchin :D There are twins on both sides of the family so will just have to wait until scan time.

I keep getting a feeling in my tummy of nervousness. I am not nervous just this comes on me an awful lot, like flutters. Has anyone ever got this? Also was making tea in office this morning and got a total head rush for a split second.

Gynae that I attend has decided he doesnt do maternity anymore so now I have to find someone!

Sorry for long post! I think I am rambling due to pure delight and shock :D

Oh I am definitely still in shock... Although I am absolutely delighted I am still level headed and waiting for the 3 months to come and go so I can shout it from the rooftop... We told my partners parents last night who were absolutely delighted.. makes it all the more special... I feel like I have sea sickness the whole time but I am not getting sick.. I wonder is this morning sickness or do I have to actually get sick to have it..? :) still happy happy happy.. Congrats ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I haven't seen a doctor since I found out because I heard that the first appointment should be between 9-12 weeks -- is this true?

I made my appointment with the doctor a few days after I found out so I could get a booking letter for the hospital and in line for my scan :)

My Docs appointment is booked for tomorrow. Its seems to be the first thing people said for me to do (partners mum and pharmacist)..

• Advertisement

Not sure how it works where you are based Elly but here the first step is to get registered with your GP for your free 'combined care' visits. Most people opt for this as your visits are split between GP and the hospital throughout the pregnancy. You send your form off to the hospital after your GP visit and they get back to you with a booking in visit with the midwife and a scan. I just got my letter from the coombe for 16/03 when I'll be 12 weeks

cruais wrote: »

I keep getting a feeling in my tummy of nervousness. I am not nervous just this comes on me an awful lot, like flutters. Has anyone ever got this? Also was making tea in office this morning and got a total head rush for a split second:D

I haven't had the flutters but I'm having this head rush thing you describe, feeling dizzy and light headed, usually in the afternoon.

Not sure how it works where you are based Elly but here the first step is to get registered with your GP for your free 'combined care' visits. Most people opt for this as your visits are split between GP and the hospital throughout the pregnancy. You send your form off to the hospital after your GP visit and they get back to you with a booking in visit with the midwife and a scan. I just got my letter from the coombe for 16/03 when I'll be 12 weeks

Wow, I never realised that was how it worked in Ireland. I contacted my gynecologist today (almost 5 weeks) and she said to get back in contact in another 2 or 3 weeks when it'll be more relevant. I'm not really in a hurry though, I'm a bit skeptical about how safe the use of ultrasounds is, so will be trying to minimize them as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Due date Oct 9th for me. Going for a 6 week scan on the 16th my consultant wants to check for a heartbeat and has me on meds to try hold onto it .its my first after many years of trying with my pcos so i'm not sure what to expect, its also a big secret until Valentine's.
    Does anyone know how much private scans cost? I kinda want to go public because I don't have the cash right now.
    Not sure what to do or even if semi private is available..

Hi Dawnied. Congrats! Do you mean scans in a private businesses? There's a women's health centre beside me that does private scans from 8 weeks for €100. Those are just for kicks/reassurance really.

If you go semi private you have to pay for your scans at the hospital. I'm trying to remember how much it was for me in The Coombe. I think it was in the region of €150 and I claimed some of it back from my medical insurance because they covered 60% of it. Semi private cost €1800 and was covered in full by my medical insurance otherwise I don't think it's worth it. You get to go to a separate clinic for your visits but there's still quite a wait and, as mentioned above, you have to pay for your scan.

You get the same services during labour. I was in a semi private ward afterwards which still had 4 women in it.

I'm going semi private again this time but only because it's mostly covered by my health insurance tbh.

I think private cover costs in the region of €4000 and you get every visit with a consultant and a private room. Not something I even considered. I'd rather have the money to take the 4 months unpaid leave at the end of my maternity leave

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Thanks Typer monkey. I'm not sure if semi private is available in limerick. Just from a post i read somewhere else but maybe I'm wrong.
    I informed my consultant that I had my bfp's and he prescribed me medication and told me meet him the 16th for a scan.
    Just unsure what that is going to cost me. And if I can go public after this scan

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

3 positive tests yesterday. Off to the docs tomorrow. Getting married in 4.5 months. Shock is an understatement! I'm about 6 weeks in on my first pregnancy. :)

When do you start getting used to the fact that there is another human growing inside you?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Bunsbun wrote: »
    3 positive tests yesterday. Off to the docs tomorrow. Getting married in 4.5 months. Shock is an understatement! I'm about 6 weeks in on my first pregnancy. :)

When do you start getting used to the fact that there is another human growing inside you?? :D

I noticed on your thread in weddings that you said youre getting bloods done, you know they dont do bloods at a standard gp appt to confirm pregnancy? They either do a urine test or take your word for it, home tests are as sensitive as a gp's test, no need for blood test.

Oh and I'm 29 weeks and still nowhere near used to it :):/

Congrats Bunsbun! I hope the shock is starting to wear off:D

I was in shock for most of the first trimester on my first too. I think its a good job that a pregnancy lasts 40 weeks..gives you lots of time to get your head around what's happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

I noticed on your thread in weddings that you said youre getting bloods done, you know they dont do bloods at a standard gp appt to confirm pregnancy? They either do a urine test or take your word for it, home tests are as sensitive as a gp's test, no need for blood test.

Oh and I'm 29 weeks and still nowhere near used to it :):/

Really? No way. I always thought it was a blood test. Deadly. :) Thanks so much.

Advertisement