Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So I'm back on the baby train again- tested today and am pregnant with #2- due January 12th 2016.
    On my last baby I had to deal with sleepless nights and all that jazz very early on and as I'm up at 02:13 I'm clearly experiencing a lot of the same symptoms again.
    Last time around at least I could spoil myself with lots of rest. With an 8 month old in tow this time around I dont think I'll be able to do that! At least I'm still on maternity leave though and I'm not due back until September so I can rest when my little girl naps.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

38weeks preg and don't know if iv vomiting bug or just pregnancy related sickness back :( puking last night and feel like I'll b the same again today. loads of braxton hicks last night but av stopped this morn. on top of that babies movements have really slowed down.. still getting light little kicks every so often but less than half the amount I was getting. just wish this pregnancy cud b over now :( I no that selfish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

missymad wrote: »
    38weeks preg and don't know if iv vomiting bug or just pregnancy related sickness back :( puking last night and feel like I'll b the same again today. loads of braxton hicks last night but av stopped this morn. on top of that babies movements have really slowed down.. still getting light little kicks every so often but less than half the amount I was getting. just wish this pregnancy cud b over now :( I no that selfish

It's not selfish, it's understandable, and you're full term so it's fair enough. Would you not get the reduced movements checked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

was only in yest in the clinic for my scan and bk in again on sun for a trace and and another scan, keeping a very close eye on movement today tho if I get worried I'll ring straight away

So just as last time around, despite being wrecked when I go to bed I find myself waking at 4am and unable to get back to sleep.
    Last time I had to manage that while working. This time around I'm still on leave from work (baby is 8 months old) so that's good but I do have a little one to manage during the day.
    Have been awake today since 04:30! Not happy.

• Advertisement

Heartburn,chronic bloody heartburn today. It's relentless and I'm not yet 7 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I spent most of today either throwing up or deciding if I needed to throw up.

I am very blessed to be expecting but finding it a little tough😒

I spent most of today either throwing up or deciding if I needed to throw up.

I am very blessed to be expecting but finding it a little tough😒

Making tiny humans is hard work there are no two ways about it.
    Eating little and often helps with the nausea / certainly doesn't make it worse. Ginger tea or biscuits help too.
    My nausea isn't as bad this time around as last although I am super sensitive to smells again. Last time I would always manage a good breakfast of porridge with nuts and seeds. Lunch or dinner couldn't be guaranteed to make it down or to stay down so I would snack on nuts or fruit and it helped a lot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Making tiny humans is hard work there are no two ways about it. o.

Ha I was saying this to my husband! I was saying how I literally am manufacturing hands and a brain and everything else! It's so strange when you really think about it :)

I have a new complaint, I have a really chesty cough and it isn't too compatable with morning sickness

• Advertisement

I have a new complaint, I have a really chesty cough and it isn't too compatable with morning sickness

Poor you. It really sucks being sick while pregnant.

Thanks Penny D! I guess we got luck TTC so had to even out with all the pregnancy stuff.

On the plus side my OH got to experience the full joy of morning sickness this morning and now feels very sorry for me

Thanks Penny D! I guess we got luck TTC so had to even out with all the pregnancy stuff.

On the plus side my OH got to experience the full joy of morning sickness this morning and now feels very sorry for me

It's very important that the significant others appreciate how much effort goes into making the small ones. :-)

Exhausted, terribly exhausted. I feel like a ballon with a little puncture in it. Deflating with exhaustion as the day goes on. Roll on T2!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Carpal Tunnel - OMG the pain. What am I going to be like when it comes to giving birth!

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Carpal Tunnel - OMG the pain. What am I going to be like when it comes to giving birth!

Have you splints?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You poor thing, I had it but thankfully it clears up relatively quickly when your little one arrives. There is so much conflicting advice on what to do as well! I found wearing the hand splints at night really helped. Have you bought some? If not I can recommend the ones I bought on Amazon, they definitely eased the discomfort.

The physio gave me them last week, they have helped a bit but first thing after I get up for about an hour doing anything with my hands is so difficult.

My carpal tunnel went away when I went on maternity leave and never reappeared, even when I swelled up all over with pre eclampsia. Hope you get ab early break from it like I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The physio gave me them last week, they have helped a bit but first thing after I get up for about an hour doing anything with my hands is so difficult.

Oh I sympathise, morning discomfort was awful! I was given some standard issue NHS ones (they came in a frightful shade of beige so I looked a bit like your man from Bo Selecta) but I bought some very good ones myself and they made a massive difference as they were much better quality.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Actesso-Advanced-Wrist-Support-Splint/dp/B007M291HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437126717&sr=8-1&keywords=Hand+splints+carpal+tunnel

• Advertisement

Oh I might invest in those. I, too, have the unsightly skin coloured ones that make me look a bit like bo selecta lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Argh! Down with near-constant cramps and nausea! Having sailed through my first pregnancy with nary a niggle Baby No. 2 is making his/her presence very felt.

This pregnancy business is awesome, awake half the night to pee or to try get more comfortable. Then awake since 7, trying not to be sick cause our niece is staying with us and don't want her to see me sick.
    Bf and niece still fast asleep, I'm exhausted and to pukey to go back to sleep :(
    Hello week 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Im starting to get tired now! 30 weeks.

Have had the past week off work sick as I got food poisoning and then another pregnancy related illness cropped up again...resulting in injections and strict bed rest.

Due back in work this morning at 6am, with alarm clock call for 5am. Didnt mind too much as was feeling so much better yesterday.

Neighbour across the road decides to sit blare Whitney Houston at 11pm and stand drinking in her porch until 12.30. I think I had all of 3 to 4 hours sleep last night.

I am walking like a cripple today with my PGP and hip/back pain.... why? :( Cant keep my eyes open at my desk. I cant go sick again... damn you neighbour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

am also 30 weeks pregnant and have a 20 mnth old. His teeth have been at him recently and today he bit me on the bump! Was bloody sore at the time, but I can't see a mark anymore now. Am still trying to stop myself from freaking out. The baby is very active at the moment and I am trying not to read into things. I just hope there was no damage done. I know he couldnt have reached the baby with the water and all, but am worried about the womb itself
    - although these baby bumps are supposed to be tough enough, aren't they?

You see- born worrier!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm 36 weeks with a 1 year old.

She jumps on bump, bites bump and generally flings herself around like a mad woman.

I'd say baby is well cushioned in there but if your concerned at all get checked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have an almost 3 year old stepson and he launched himself across the couch at me a few days ago, landing right on top of my 37 week bump. Baby continued to move as normal and I had a scan yesterday (unrelated to that, just to confirm position) and all looked fine so they seem to be very well protected in there!

No harm getting yourself checked out though if you wanted to, even just to put your mind at ease.

A bite is so very superficial, barely damaging the skin (as you said there isn't even a mark now), there isn't a chance in hell it would've damaged deeper than that, definitely not your womb etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

We should be allowed hibernate in the first trimester! I want to kill people I work with and can't tell them to just leave me alone. Although god love them I'm a bit intolerant the last week or so!

Not to mention the hormones, jeez! Paul O'Connell has had me in tears all week.. I was definitely not this teary on number 1! Just want my bed :(

• Advertisement

I'm 5 weeks and tearing up at the slightest thing. I was in the hairdressers at lunchtime (treat to myself because I deserve it;)) and started to well up reading about Paul O'Connell. Can't go near any news about that poor Garda Tony Golden and his family.
    The endless peeing too is quite something. Am exhausted too and have a one year old to be Mammying anyway. Then there are the rock hard boobs:eek:

Its funny all the symptoms are the same as with my daughter. They were so new and odd to me then now I'm delighted to have them. My last pregnancy ended in a missed MC so I'd take any pregnancy stuff to moan about this time around.

Advertisement