Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Entire party had loads of lag issues yesterday, the game was playable but vehicles were affected greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Despite all the crap I have to say its a damn fine game .
    Looks great and all but it's not a patch on BF3 IMO. Maybe when all the issues are fixed up...which won't be any time soon.

Doesn't feel like a Battlefield game to me at all. From the moment you spawn you're in someone's sights, there's just nothing tactical about it. Everyone is just killing each other in a big clusterf**k of bullets. I've had games where I seem to spend more time dead than alive.

Game modes like Obliteration are an absolute joke. You're being spotted on your way in as you parachute down. Enemy lines are non-existent. There're people spawning everywhere and anywhere.

In summary, I'm not alive long enough in this game to enjoy it, it's just too hectic. Never had this problem with a Battlefield game before.

If I wanted to design a game with the sole purpose of frustrating people, I wouldn't go far wrong with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Having a game with your mates is a massive pain in the ass to set up. Seems to take ages and then locks up on me.

Any proper way to do it?

What's going on with hardcore? I go to take aim at somebody and then the indicator appears over his head, he's on my team :rolleyes:
    Is this a bug or what? Some are indicated some are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Finished the campaign to get the guns. It's shíte, but thank feck it's not long.

It's piss easy too. Played on normal and got gold on all of them bar a silver on the level you drive the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

Have most of the bugs with this game been fixed? Also where's the cheapest place to get this; €65 is game stop is a bit expensive. Anyone seen it going cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Have most of the bugs with this game been fixed? Also where's the cheapest place to get this; €65 is game stop is a bit expensive. Anyone seen it going cheaper?

no...still loads of bugs, you can buy a PS3 version for 40 and upgrade to digital for a tenner.

Try xtravision, smyths and gamestop....they all have ps3 offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anytime I try to connect to a game I get "You have lost the connection to the session". This happening to anyone else??

Battleflag wrote: »
    Anytime I try to connect to a game I get "You have lost the connection to the session". This happening to anyone else??

Got it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

CEX on Liffey Street in Dublin had it for €55 pre-owned last week. They only had one copy though but it's worth a try if that's what it's going for.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Got it once.

Get it everytime I join a game, downloaded the CR expansion pack.. maybe that has something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭unblvlblkult

jenjenten wrote: »
    no...still loads of bugs, you can buy a PS3 version for 40 and upgrade to digital for a tenner.

Try xtravision, smyths and gamestop....they all have ps3 offers.

Gamestop say this offer isn't running anymore and was only valid on certain copies of the PS3 version sold coming up to the date of the ps4's release. Is this the case can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Gamestop say this offer isn't running anymore and was only valid on certain copies of the PS3 version sold coming up to the date of the ps4's release. Is this the case can anyone confirm?
    i got mine 4 days ago in xtravision for 37 i think brought it home upgraded in ps store for 9.99 done

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

CEX on Liffey Street in Dublin had it for €55 pre-owned last week. They only had one copy though but it's worth a try if that's what it's going for.

Keep in mind, if you buy it second hand, the china rising map pack code might have been used. and will probably cost you an extra 15e.

Keep in mind, if you buy it second hand, the china rising map pack code might have been used. and will probably cost you an extra 15e.
    When is China Rising going to be available to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When is China Rising going to be available to download?

Since last Tuesday or Wednesday.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Since last Tuesday or Wednesday.
    I thought it was out alright but I tried last night and it kept saying I can download it when it becomes available in December :confused:

It did download some 3mb file before that message whatever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I thought it was out alright but I tried last night and it kept saying I can download it when it becomes available in December :confused:

Honestly have no idea.

I bought premium (somewhat foolishly in hindsight) a few weeks ago and got early access, but all I've played so far is 3 games of air superiority. Am waiting for a little more online stability before giving it a go.

To be fair, it has been infinitely more playable in the last few days (with the exception of rubber-banding that plagues me). Perhaps due to people giving up.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Honestly have no idea.

I bought premium (somewhat foolishly in hindsight) a few weeks ago and got early access, but all I've played so far is 3 games of air superiority. Am waiting for a little more online stability before giving it a go.

To be fair, it has been infinitely more playable in the last few days (with the exception of rubber-banding that plagues me). Perhaps due to people giving up.
    I don't have premium yet. If it doesn't get any better I won't bother. I'll try download it again later and see what happens.

I downloaded it yesterday. you download the 3mb file, install it then go back to the store and find the expansion pack, there is a drop down menu that lets you switch it from 15 euro to free, download it and away you go

• Advertisement

I downloaded it yesterday. you download the 3mb file, install it then go back to the store and find the expansion pack, there is a drop down menu that lets you switch it from 15 euro to free, download it and away you go
    Cheers man, nothing straightforward with this game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

thanks, have been looking all over for the china rising download...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where or how do I get this 3mb file? In bf4 relegated items china rising is free but €15 in the store

How much is this going for now on PS4 for trade in?

Also the netcode is atrocious, I'd rather be playing with the constant crashes than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I love battlefield, I love the mayhem, the explosions, the little wars that happen all over the map that I may never be involved in because of my own little war but Jesus EA/DICE you are making it very hard to love bf4. I want to love it become when it works it's fantastic but that doesn't happen often enough

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

BF4 is pretty crazy now on consoles with 64 players. Some matches feel like its cod like life duration.. But BF3 was the same on pc. Certain maps were brutal, metro 64 player was a cluster ****, even Karg island 64 player was 30 sec life duration at times. The good thing about pc is you can pick 32/48/64 player rooms for conquest. On ps4 theres only servers live in "conquest large". If EA put up some 32 and 48 player servers for consoles, it will be good. 48 player servers are still crazy, but not as hectic .

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Been playing this and really do love it when it works. Anyway, I don't know whether to get premium. I know it will save me money but when are they going to fix the game! I don't want to be spending more money on an already broken item!

Any idea when more updates are launching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I agree its hectic.. at the start I was gettin insta-killed pretty much any time I spawned. Was very frustrating especially coming from console. Gradually I had to change my playin style, whereas before I used to have a very attacking style and would try to dash from flag to flag I realised I just couldnt do that anymore.

I now play more cagey and constantly peak corners and try not to put myself out im the open as much and try and concentrate on 2-3 flags max. It's a learning curve but ive managed to get my KD ratio up from .5 to 1.2 and managing to stay alive alot longer and im enjoying the game more as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had a good few games on the PS4 last night and there is so much more going on in the game compared to the PS3 version. stats carried across with no problems and the game played with no issues for me last night , apart from not being able to download the China Rising dlc.

All going well I can see myself playing the game on the PS4 from now on.

PS: not going to bother with Premium just yet, will see how things play out over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Clover wrote: »
    Had a good few games on the PS4 last night and there is so much more going on in the game compared to the PS3 version. stats carried across with no problems and the game played with no issues for me last night , apart from not being able to download the China Rising dlc.

All going well I can see myself playing the game on the PS4 from now on.

PS: not going to bother with Premium just yet, will see how things play out over the next few weeks.

Yea no point buying premium until they fix the game so 5 months then I say buy it.It just to buggy and then the lag and the maps are just ok the spawn system terrible when spawn on someone but you can't tell what happening ending in you dieding straight away happen me 3 time in a row.

Advertisement