Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the sickest you've ever been?

Options
  • 05-01-2009 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I've actually never been proper sick. I get headaches and stomach upsets but I never had to stay in bed for more than a day. So far so good. What's the worst you've suffered through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'm pretty sure I had AIDS there last week. I was feelin pretty bad so I must have had it.

Fine now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Food poisoning, tonsilitus, burst appendix. Nothing major also, despite my unhealthy lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The flu - actual flu, not just a bad cold that people call the flu when they can still go to work.
    I could barely move, and whenever I staggered to the toilet, I had to keep myself stooped as, for some reason, standing up straight turned my stomach and made me vomit. I thought there was a good chance I was gonna die. It's a scary illness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Fizman wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I had AIDS there last week. I was feelin pretty bad so I must have had it.

Fine now though.

You got super aids form teh gheyness

You aren't curable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

pneumonia many years back...didnt know that
    i had it for a while but when i was diagnosed
    with it i suddenly felt much worse:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

javaboy wrote: »

I came down with that last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

/checks watch and waits for the inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

orestes wrote: »
    /checks watch and waits for the inevitable
    not going to risk the inevitable ban!

@OP, you looked in pretty bad shape at the end of City Slickers. :confused: In fact I'm pretty sure you died a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

One time I got an extreme case of Deja Vu and kept seeing the same threads on boards over and over again.

@OP, you looked in pretty bad shape at the end of City Slickers. :confused: In fact I'm pretty sure you died a couple of years ago.

It's his twin. He's come for Curley's Gold!

One time I got an extreme case of Deja Vu and kept seeing the same threads on boards over and over again.

Oh yeah? Well one time I got an extreme case of Deja Vu and kept seeing the same posts on boards over and over again.

Oh yeah? Well one time I got an extreme case of Deja Vu and kept seeing the same posts on boards over and over again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There's been a few times I've knocked deaths door thru sickness (brought on by other things).
    I have so far been turned away from the door so far - how? Heck if I know.
    I should be dead a long time ago lol.

I had a case off Deja Vu once but I lost it so the disc is lying around getting dusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Darn... why did I have to make my Deja Vu joke in the reported posts forum...

Darn... why did I have to make my Deja Vu joke in the repeated posts forum...

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

When I was about 12 I was vomiting almost non-stop for about 7-8 hours, I ended up cutting my osophogas, and some blood came out! Anyhow after a couple of days in hospital the Doc asked me if I was better or did he need to stick an optical camera down my throat to see what the problem was!
    I took the easy option!
    I never did find out what made me sick?:confused:
    Hmmm! maybe I should look into that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I am already fully sick maaaate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm pretty sure I died once.

Nothing serious though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got that this year as well with mod of the year. Meh, I'll take my bronze medal with pride. Got the same last year, think I came third or forth for poster of the year. WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive had loads of injurys but my worst illness was my appendicitis.
    my mam thought id eaten too many sweets so didnt bring me in for a day and a half till i started getting sick bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The sickest I've ever been is probably last week when I was fúcking my little sister.

I got that this year as well. Meh, I'll take my bronze medal with pride. Got the same last year, think I came third or forth for poster of the year. WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!

You should have made wild election promises like Terry and then conveniently forgot them. :D

That's why he got my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

You should have made wild election promises like Terry and then conveniently forgot them. :D

That's why he got my vote.

Maybe if you had posted a different photo yourself, you might have won....:p

eVeNtInE wrote: »

You were screwed by being left out of the poll for the first half a day I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rich1691 wrote: »
    When I was about 12 I was vomiting almost non-stop for about 7-8 hours, I ended up cutting my osophogas, and some blood came out! Anyhow after a couple of days in hospital the Doc asked me if I was better or did he need to stick an optical camera down my throat to see what the problem was!
    I took the easy option!
    I never did find out what made me sick?:confused:
    Ooh... nasty. :(
    I puked up blood once actually but it wasn't from puking for seven to eight hours. It was just an EXTREMELY severe stomach bug... but not long-lasting thankfully. Horrendous though.
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Ah jeebus... that vomiting/diarrhoea at the same time thing has never happened to me and would freak me out big time if it did. Seems nightmarish...

Advertisement