Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Why dont we organise a mass "turn off" someday, where everyone who normally has Ray Ar$eface on in their office/place of work/car etc just switches off for the duration of the show. Listen to traffic, workmates, any other radio station, cd's instead. It might show the git that he isnt as beloved as he thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I switched off a good while ago. I've plenty of cds and access to other stations so I don't miss the show at all.

I think that he's only trying to respond to his listeners though - there seem to be plenty of people willing and happy to have him tell them what to do and think.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Last week when he started reading out bits from regional newspapers and came out with "sounds like a jingle to me", I was in a fouler anyway and texted in "sounds like a Will Leahy show to me." Why I wasted my free text I don't know!! Some parts are entertaining but more and more it's Will when he goes off on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dirtybarry

alright people,here it goes i just have to get it off my chest..i have been listening to the ray darcy show alomost from the the beginning in 2000 but now i am seriously thinking about switching off.i don't want to make things personal but i absolutely have enough of jenny kelly.anytime a discussion begins or a question is asked you can always hear the sound of her boots racing to give her opinion on everything..i just think at this stage she likes the sound of her own voice.that little annoying southside dublin/cast of friends accent really bugs me now..who does she think she is??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

yea i agree, ever since ray and jenny kinda announced the pregnancy and all that they seem to think that they're great. Tis a right pity cos it used to be a great show. Ian Dempsey is still king of morning radio tbh. And the few times Tom Dunne has stood in for Ray D'arcy, the shows been refreshingly amusing. Tom's really funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

dirtybarry wrote: »
    alright people,here it goes i just have to get it off my chest..i have been listening to the ray darcy show alomost from the the beginning in 2000 but now i am seriously thinking about switching off.i don't want to make things personal but i absolutely have enough of jenny kelly.anytime a discussion begins or a question is asked you can always hear the sound of her boots racing to give her opinion on everything..i just think at this stage she likes the sound of her own voice.that little annoying southside dublin/cast of friends accent really bugs me now..who does she think she is??

Thank you,covered all I wanted to say, I hate that bitch Jenny Kelly. Used to love the show but its gone to ****e now, seriously considering switching but gerry ryan nah, whats newstalks shows like during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I switched on this morning and they are talking about what names women associate with a large 'package'. What utter tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Agree with everyone, liked it in the beginning but last few years it's utter tripe and Ray is very smug & self-satisfied.

Love Tom Dunne and like Ian Dempsey but my first love is Newstalk :D Oh actually Tubridy is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Ok, I was going to read the full thread, but gave up after page 2, sorry, but 16 pages is too much.

I listen to Ian Dempsey and I think he's great. Somedays depending on how lazy I am I catch 1/2 to an 1hr of Ray Darcy. In december gone, I was late every morning and all I get was Ray Darcy. Years ago I used to always listen to Ray, and I enjoyed him. Some of the fix-it fridays were a laugh etc..

But christ on a crutch, he wrecks my head. It's morning radio Ray, I don't want you're half concieved opinions; I couldn't care less about your bike. When did he become so self righteous? When did he become such a pain in the ar$e??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

Ian Dempsey is great. I wish they'd do more film reviews though, I really like the bloke and woman who do that on his show.. Really give honest opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Einstein wrote: »
    Tom's really funny!

Oh yeah he's great (not too keen on "Dr. Bill" though ;)

I used to be a huge Something Happens fan so I think it's great to hear him on radio as a presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Oh yeah he's great (not too keen on "Dr. Bill" though ;)

I used to be a huge Something Happens fan so I think it's great to hear him on radio as a presenter

yeah, he's a much better presenter than D'arsehole. a much better option for the 9-12 morning slot in my opinion. and I miss Dr. Bill and his rotten apples.:o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Harry Bo

Gave up on Darcy for the last few months ago. He's just become another moany hole who uses his show to give out about things and get attention for himself. I think Tom Dunne is very good whenever he steps in, someone with natural charisma and charm, for a change.

Dr Bill is class, there was a Gift Grub sketch last year with him on The Restaurant and it was very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bingo.

He is cock on about Martin Maguire. That is when Ray D'arcy jumped the shark.

I should've twigged that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've said that myself before, that was definitely when things started to go downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Actually saw him in O neills pub in town yesterday never liked him to be honest and have serious doubts about his straightness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

RastaRed wrote: »
    Thank you,covered all I wanted to say, I hate that bitch Jenny Kelly. Used to love the show but its gone to ****e now, seriously considering switching but gerry ryan nah, whats newstalks shows like during the day?

Sean Moncrief's show is good I think.

Yeah used to love D'Arcy, felt like my day was messed up if I missed his show but couldn't be bothered with it these days, he's turned in to a moany old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

SW81 wrote: »
    Sean Moncrief's show is good I think.

Yeah used to love D'Arcy, felt like my day was messed up if I missed his show but couldn't be bothered with it these days, he's turned in to a moany old man.
    Agree totally. Used to feel like I would has miss ed something if I hadn't listened. DARSEY is too far up his own ass these days

did anyone hear the slot on ray darcy today about people in ireland speaking with american accents???jesus christ my stomach turned when jenny kelly came on and done an impression of miriam o callaghan in a really posh southside dublin accent..in the name of jaysus why did she feel the need to put on a southside accent??her own southside dublin/cast of friends accent was more than suited to the task!!and then she had the temerity to take the piss out of lisa murphy recently about her accent..the words pot,calling,kettle and black spring to mind.in my opinion that show would improve ten fold if she ****ed right off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My sentiments entirely today when I heard the show. It was unbelievable that Jenny "D4" Kelly would take the pi$$ out of Miriam O Callaghan, when Jenny's accent is the most contrived in media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

did anyone hear the slot on ray darcy today about people in ireland speaking with american accents???jesus christ my stomach turned when jenny kelly came on and done an impression of miriam o callaghan in a really posh southside dublin accent..in the name of jaysus why did she feel the need to put on a southside accent??her own southside dublin/cast of friends accent was more than suited to the task!!and then she had the temerity to take the piss out of lisa murphy recently about her accent..the words pot,calling,kettle and black spring to mind.in my opinion that show would improve ten fold if she ****ed right off

It was funny tho;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

that show would improve ten fold if she ****ed right off

I agree 100%

Last week she pronouned Ursula as "Urs-you-la" for fcuk's sake.

The caller had to say it was indeed pronounced Ursula.

Slagging Miriam O'Callaghan? A case of the green-eyed monster methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Hate the biach, she deserves a slap or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Theres a problem there though cos Her and D'Arcy are Wife and Hubby...
    I think Will should be a bigger part of the show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

He's just as bad.

He wrote an article in the Sunday Independent a couple of weeks ago slagging off RTE afternoon tv.

The cnut was a guest on the afternoon show and half, yes HALF the page in the magazine was taken up with a photo of himself on the jaysus afternoon show.

They are all vulgar self-publicists and the radio show has just become one long advertisement for D'Arcy's hangers-on, while D'Arcy himself has grown old and out-of-touch and has, indeed, lost the plot.

suppose he has lost the plot./...Today FM is aimed at young people most of the time but he has gotten really serious since his days on the den...the only thing I like is E-Mail bag!

is it possible that there could be one bird on the show who dosen't speak with a dublin4/cast of friends accent??my thoughts on jenny kelly are well known at this stage but that other clown mairead is just as bad..i liked the sound of ann gleeson when she was on the show and i would have liked to have heard more of her but she is gone now

yeah anne was good she was originally from the country
    she was also on the ray foley show when Adelle was in Adellesalvador

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

RastaRed wrote: »
    Hate the biach, she deserves a slap or two

I posted a lot earlier in the thread, think i said something along the lines of being a bit tired of listening to Ray talking about kids ever since his child came along.

I can't believe that people are allowed post things like the above poster did. If that was posted in the 'personal issues' forum, the poster would be banned for personal abuse/advocating violence.

Why is it that just because these people work in Radio that they should be subjected to this kind of abuse?

If you have nothing constructive to post, everyone would be of benefit if you didn't post at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement