Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Show us your brew - post your photos here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sure, an honorary homebrewed ale to you (no P&P). I'm guessing you've either lived here or currently reside here. There's quite a scene, and growing. Do you know these beers? Frequent any of the craft beer bars around town?

Think ive had them all in your picture. You going to Beervana?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Baz_ wrote: »
    what kit did you use, and did you do anything to make it particularly chocolaty and coffee-ey?

Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout + Coopers Light LME. Then a day before bottling brewed up a strong coffee + cocoa powder in a french press and added to the fermenter. I was hoping for more chocolate flavour but the coffee is pretty over-powering. Only reason I added it so late was it was meant to be a normal stout and had a last minute change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

At what stage would you have added your extra ingredients if you knew you were going to do it?

My wheat beer :D
    7735932070_843e32dfc2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

J o e wrote: »
    Coopers Brewmaster Irish Stout + Coopers Light LME. Then a day before bottling brewed up a strong coffee + cocoa powder in a french press and added to the fermenter. I was hoping for more chocolate flavour but the coffee is pretty over-powering. Only reason I added it so late was it was meant to be a normal stout and had a last minute change of mind.

Just sipping on one of my Coopers Irish stouts at the moment, don't have a camera handy but I'll upload a pic later. I added about 15 shots of espresso to the wort before I pitched the yeast. I love coffee so I don't think it's over powering. The head on it isn't as tight as yours though, I assume yours is kegged?

• Advertisement

Nope 500ml Coopers PET bottles, but secret weapon is a Guinness Surger. :cool:

Gotta get me one of those!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Brought along my Hoppy German Hefe to a BBQ last Saturday, got very luck with the weather and it went down very well too

Untitled-4.jpg

Did my first all-grain yesterday, using the Brew in a Bag method. It's a Bavarian Hefe Weizen Beer, here's my label; ;)

Heizenbrau2.jpg

what's the purity!?:pac:

• Advertisement

breaking-bad-screenshot-s4e101.png?w=640&h=359

I hope you didn't put in Chilli Powder?

531022_10151371984248289_2059150021_n.jpg

Here's my most recent. Coffee Stout! I used Morning Growler coffee on this one. It's quite strong on the coffee front but I quite like it. Only 10 bottles left now!! wasn't long getting through it. It's actually a cracking breakfast beer, just had one earlier. It's kind of worrying drinking at 9am though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

217874.jpg

A recent Pale Ale that was Brewed for Euro 2012, Unfortunately Long gone now :o
    Was a Partial mash, with Maris Otter and crystal malts, Hopped with Cascade and Nelson Sauvin, also dried hopped for 10 days in secondary with same hops.

Thats a lovely looking stout The Scratcher, am planning a Christmas stout, hope to get it in the fermenter in the next month and leave it age til Christmas!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ratsathome

Got this Amber Ale from a friend.Too die for.........:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Ratsathome wrote: »
    Got this Amber Ale from a friend.Too die for.........:D
    Oh. My. God!

Tramapoline!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

IMG_0481.jpg

My Cascade Hopped IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

stuchyg wrote: »

My Cascade Hopped IPA

that looks TASTY!

223405.jpg

Brewferm Gallia, dry hopped with 20gm cascade. Its 3 weeks in bottles and it tastes fantastic. Going to leave it another few weeks as I think there is a bit more room for improvement - I love it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

That looks fantastic, engrish?.

Fart wrote: »
    That looks fantastic, engrish?.

Thanks! I highly recommend it. It took huge will power to stop after two bottles - If I could do it again I would do two kits at once because they are only 13L each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

engrish? wrote: »
    223405.jpg

Brewferm Gallia, dry hopped with 20gm cascade. Its 3 weeks in bottles and it tastes fantastic. Going to leave it another few weeks as I think there is a bit more room for improvement - I love it though!
    Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

'On the Rocks' Pear Cider. I was amazed how clear this turned out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Richie71 wrote: »
    'On the Rocks' Pear Cider. I was amazed how clear this turned out.

Nice. What does it taste like?

Khannie wrote: »

Reviews of this look very good. Think I'll buy one with my next order. I haven't done a kit since the finlandia apple and pear which has aged well but I'm still not in love with (just personal preference). The pear cider I made from rocha pears is starting to run low so it would be good to have some pear cider for around Christmas.

Khannie wrote: »

Real smell of farts in the fermenter and when putting into bottles but only 3 weeks later it was crystal clear and tasted devine. you get a little pouch of concentrated pear juice to add when bottling - maybe this added to the flavour. I made their apple cider too with 700g of sugar and 900g of honey & this turned out even nicer....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

V nice apple cider. What site did you order from. Wanted to make a cider before xmas and am torn between a kit and making a large batch of turbo

V nice apple cider. What site did you order from. Wanted to make a cider before xmas and am torn between a kit and making a large batch of turbo

Got the 'On The Rocks' kit from HomebrewWest. @ 19.99 it's a little more expensive than the other kits but far nicer than any of the other kits i've tried.

I'm doing a batch of turbo cloudy apple (might spice it a bit for the festive season) and I'm definitely sold on that pear on the rocks stuff. Going to kick both off in probably 2 weeks (have a sporting event between now and then so I'm busy training and not drinking).

The way Christmas falls this year most people will be off from the Friday before (21st) so I expect extra drinking and I'm preparing accordingly. :D

Might give that on the rocks apple a lash too, given the good reviews. I'd be hard pressed to part with my lovely cloudy apple turbo though. I am madly in love with it.

Here's the first pint if my coopers IPA. It turned out pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Here's the first pint if my coopers IPA. It turned out pretty well.

You like your sauce.

Advertisement