Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestlemania XXIX Packages/Info Thread.

• 01-04-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭

So who well be going to maina next year. Think I well but I'll have to buy the cousin(s) tickets. Have a place to stay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

90% I will be going!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! I will be going with other 2 friends getting vip package!!!! I want to ask what airport we should land? (we will be coming from greece)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im about 70% going but still can change for the worse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think I will,havent been since 24

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

strongly thinking of going but id be scared to go on my own.

At a rough estimate how much would everything cost

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I missed the trip this year due to personal issues, but no doubt I'll be going next year wouldn't miss it :)
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    strongly thinking of going but id be scared to go on my own.

At a rough estimate how much would everything cost

I went alone for WM27 but once I got over there I met some cool people so I hung out with them all weekend :)

roughly around 1,500 - 2,000 if you include flights etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Swift8933

Brought a package for this year but lost my job so had to sell it on. Will 99% certain be going next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Gambino Capo

100% going. Plus side next year is that NJ is driving distance from MD so i dont have to worry about price watching for flights. Already started putting a stash to the side for when travel packages go onsale in 3 months. Vicious cycle but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I'll be there again... I don't see myself missing one after this... I hope anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 virgs1

Got all the money saved up went to 27 missed this year, buzzing for NY/NJ, then booking the package for 29 should mean if 30's in MSG ill get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

virgs1 wrote: »
    Got all the money saved up went to 27 missed this year, buzzing for NY/NJ, then booking the package for 29 should mean if 30's in MSG ill get a ticket.

highly doubt 30 will me in MSG seeing as they are adverting nyc manhattan for the nj ppv

anyway ill def be going i live in queens nyc so getting to the city and the izod is less than a hour away for me.so no hotel or plane etc.just tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Escarx85

This one was an amazing experience, but I'm not sure about XXIX

I guess the hot crowd they attracted was in part because of Miami, a great tourist attraction on it's own right

I hope they at least host RAW and Axxess in NY, otherwise I'm not sure I would be eager to be in cold New Jersey just to watch wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Arrived home today from a brilliant week in Miami and my first ever 'Mania. Went with a mate and had an awesome time.

Absolutely going next year, no question. I love New York and so does my gf. We tend to go approx. once every two years so with it being in NJ it's perfect. Last time we were over was in November and we went to SS in MSG so it'll be a nice progression for her :D

With it being in NJ we can make it a holiday that incorporates Mania rather than it being a trip just for Mania like me and my friend this year. Depending on the location/inductees I'm not sure if we'll go to the other events, but rest assured - 'Mania 29 is happening for us!

To anyone on the fence - if you can muster up the cash: do it! I deliberated for three years before committing this year and it was unbelievable. As Irishers, getting to and from NYC is relatively cheap if you keep an eye on Are Lingus or go through Trailfinders (like we did this year).

Already looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ciano316 wrote: »
    I'll be there again... I don't see myself missing one after this... I hope anyway...

Your sign was very prominent throughout the show Ciano, saw it pop up next night on Raw as well.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Barcelonafan

Anyone know how much a platinum ticket would be for wrestlemania?thinking of doing it separately for next year

Your sign was very prominent throughout the show Ciano, saw it pop up next night on Raw as well.:p

hahahaha I have a great photo i'll put up.. It was a great trip. Can't wait for next year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

hahahaha I have a great photo i'll put up.. It was a great trip. Can't wait for next year. :D

Havent watched WM on tv yet but damn near every time I looked to the tron I seen the sign and thought He posts on Boards! Seen it on RAW too!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

what makes me laugh is how it's in NJ yet there entire promo is based of nyc manhattan and the 5 boroughs,on a side note don't bother with the izod center area it has nothing to do there other than 2 bars or so,stay in manhattan or queens or brooklyn and travel around for a good time,jersery where mania is taking place has nothing to do.

Yeah I was in Brooklyn a few weeks ago. Spent most of my time in Times Square though. Heading up to Staten Island tomorrow morning for part 2 of my vacation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Wouldn't mind going myself. I was listening to LAW and they were speculating that next year will be
    Brock Lesnar v Undertaker

Although what's with the WWE having so many outdoor stadium's recently? 24, 26, 28 and 29 all outdoors. And what's the chances it won't be f****g snowing or something in NJ at the start of April. Would it really be that warm at that time of year?

PhLaGl.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

The Northeast region of the USA has been unusually mild this past winter. I think it snowed only a few times and didn't produce any real accumulations. If next year is anything like this year we'll be just fine by April.

PhLaGl.jpg

Sweet! Im not a sign person but I think I'll take one next year. Get a little self promotion myself lol.

Sweet! Im not a sign person but I think I'll take one next year. Get a little self promotion myself lol.

First time i'd ever made one... Had to be done for my first mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

there's roughly 5 of us who are thinking of going next year for the 1st time, was going to look up flights as soon as they become available and then accomodation and tickets when made for sale, or is it there a better way to go? (packages)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

there's roughly 5 of us who are thinking of going next year for the 1st time, was going to look up flights as soon as they become available and then accomodation and tickets when made for sale, or is it there a better way to go? (packages)

Some people on here definitely go for packages. If it were me booking it I'd lean towards booking everything separately as it's a lot cheaper that way. However it looks like one of the lads here who booked a package had a front row seat for WM so my resolve not to buy one is weakening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

PhLaGl.jpg

you ordered the event and got that quality or from a site(wrestlingbay,wrestleyourway...? if yes which 1 was it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I may be wrong but i think u can only get a package for a max of 4 people. Therefore if yhere is 5 of u youll need 2 packages or book it all seperately. If u order 2 packages u could end up in different hotels.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PhLaGl.jpg

Ha if i go next year im gonna make a sign for my band :D:D

Ha if i go next year im gonna make a sign for my band :D:D

If you're advertising anything or something offensive they'll take the sign of you.. The americans didn't know my name and were asking me what my sign was about on they way in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baldstuffandy

I'm still in Miami going home Saturday, there a still a few Wrestlemania hangers on here. I really want to go to mania 29, but I'm thinking about getting the gold package,
    1. Does it guarantee the front 3 rows?
    2. Does it include HOF and RAW tickets?

Advertisement