Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I always Sky+ Fair City as it is on at a busy time of the evening for me. However, I notice that on Wednesday evenings when I Sky+ it, the first two minutes or so of the show are missed as the programme seems to start early. This only ever happens on Wednesdays for some reason.

I now Sky+ 'Nationwide' and 'Fair City' on Wednesdays so that I don't miss anything. Just thought I'd share this with other Sky+ users.

You can set your box to start recording 2/3mins before the scheduled time. Can't remember how to do it but I did it before.

Anyway I hope Lucy does something really devious. I only half heard what Dolorous and Pete were saying to her in the preview for tonights and I got the impression that Lucy had just paid the ESB bill or something and if thats the case I'll be bitterly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

This only ever happens on Wednesdays for some reason.
    They need to fit in the Lotto Draw between the end of Fair City and whatever show starts at 8pm hence the start sometimes being brought forward.
    Does Sky+ not allow you to set a show to start recording a few minutes before the advertised start time?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

You can set your box to start recording 2/3mins before the scheduled time. Can't remember how to do it but I did it before.

Yeah, my Sky+ box always does that, so that you end up with a couple of minutes of programming or adverts before and after your recorded programme. However, it doesn't seem to work in the case of Wednesday's Fair City.

It is no big deal recording Nationwide & Fair City on Wednesdays, I just wanted to alert other Sky+ users :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

DeepBlue wrote: »
    They need to fit in the Lotto Draw between the end of Fair City and whatever show starts at 8pm hence the start sometimes being brought forward.
    Thanks DeepBlue, I'd forgotten about the Lotto Draw, obviously that's why it starts earlier than advertised on Wednesdays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Quick question (sorry if its been brought up before) - Why did they scrap the omnibus? I'm guessing its not related to the RTE Player/Contracts thing, seeing as they show repeats... Its just a bit annoying to miss an episode, then 9 times out of 10 I'm in work when the repeat is shown, then no omnibus at the weekend... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

i wish they would write out Decco! The actor is so limited! Pair him with Caoimhe, the worst actress by a mile in the show, and its like watching paint dry

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Decco and I think the actor who plays him does it very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Did they get your one from Tallafornia or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I like the new girl. Herself and Decco would be much more believable together,plus she pisses off Caoimhe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    I like the new girl. Herself and Decco would be much more believable together,plus she pisses off Caoimhe.

She is tasty alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jaseo

Lucy opens a bill belonging to Dolores, takes cds out of her bedroom afterwards.
    The plot thickens
    ????????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

What's the deal with Vivienne's hair? Why does she have a random patch of blonde at back of her head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

jaseo wrote: »
    Lucy opens a bill belonging to Dolores, takes cds out of her bedroom afterwards.
    The plot thickens
    ????????????????????????????????

I really wish we had some clue as to where this silly story line is going:confused:

And it better be worth this buildup and the wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

What's the deal with Vivienne's hair? Why does she have a random patch of blonde at back of her head!!!
    I reckon its because her father was a badger or something :D Herself and her daughter are two woefully bad characters in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Yeah, my Sky+ box always does that, so that you end up with a couple of minutes of programming or adverts before and after your recorded programme. However, it doesn't seem to work in the case of Wednesday's Fair City.

It is no big deal recording Nationwide & Fair City on Wednesdays, I just wanted to alert other Sky+ users :)

I don't have sky+ MrsD anymore :( Whats really peeing me off is that they don't show FC on rte+1 or on the rte player! :mad:

Zumo is'nt exactly getting much of a reason to be in the soap lately.
    Can't stand Lucy and just wish the plot would get a move on or end in her getting knocked down by a car crossing the road at this stage(Dolores, Wayne, Pete etc) would find out the truth about her and we would get to know what really sinister motives she has.

Charlotte is going to be psycho Charlie me thinks.
    I was wondering what was going to happen to Shannon after eating the slice of cake. It reminded me of the time my nan read me the story many moons ago about snow white and the wicked stepmother gave her the poisoned slice of apple

Lisha wrote: »
    I really wish we had some clue as to where this silly story line is going:confused:

And it better be worth this buildup and the wait

AGREE 100% with you icon14.gif
    icon7.gif

Cass should have been a librarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,324 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So what was in the cake Charlotte gave to Zak and Shannon?

Does Lucy want to become Dolores what is next dying her hair red and trying to pull Pete :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I think Lucy is really the secret millionaire and she owns the charity shop business. You may think oh charity shops wont make you a millionaire.
    Think of it , every town in the world worth its weight in pee has a charity shop. I hope she fixes Delores up for all her hard work over the years.
    And I hope she sends damiens sister to be retrained.

I think Lucy could be dolores real daughter. Lorraine and Lucy were swapped as babies in the hospital when they were born and Lorraine was actually not Dolores's biological daughter. She went home with the wrong baby and Wayne will find out he can't go out with Lucy because she is really his sister and that she is entitled to the money that Dolores left in her will. Just my own little theory.

I think Lucy could be dolores real daughter. Lorraine and Lucy were swapped as babies in the hospital when they were born and Lorraine was actually not Dolores's biological daughter. She went home with the wrong baby and Wayne will find out he can't go out with Lucy because she is really his sister and that she is entitled to the money that Dolores left in her will. Just my own little theory.
    I hope crazy barry the carrickstown clumsy Ciller <thats killer with a C> escapes from jail and accidentally kills Lucy .

cloptrop wrote: »
    I hope crazy barry the carrickstown clumsy Ciller <thats killer with a C> escapes from jail and accidentally kills Lucy .

Victim no.3 on his hit list and hopefully victim no.4 will be Caoimhe

Victim no.3 on his hit list and hopefully victim no.4 will be Caoimhe

Who did he kill first? Was it not his missus that did the drink drive kill. Did she get him to pick up the penalty points for that like people do for speeding.

Gina, Niamh's mother was his first victim. (the ACCIDENT on Ray and Gina's wedding day)

Gina, Niamh's mother was his first victim. (the ACCIDENT on Ray and Gina's wedding day)

Holy **** dude this is way before my fair city time, I never remember ray having a wife. I remember he had a moth for a while but I take it this wasnt her . She was there after Mondo left i think.

• poor niamh had muffin top tonight when she was talking to dermot in the office

poor niamh had muffin top tonight when she was talking to dermot in the office
    What is muffin top and did she eat it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

I reckon Laura and Yvonne and heading for a bit of a fling. My reason being Laura spoke tonight, and actually spoke to Yvonne. And Fair City don't exactly do subtlety.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement