Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber Megathread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Mine is doing it a bit but it reconnects immediately.

They really need to improve the quality of the audio recording and sending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Piliger wrote: »
    I use it fifty times a day and apart from a day or two I have never encountered anything like that in 15 months usage. Did you do a hard reset ?

Yeah i have it happens on both iPhone and iPod tested on multiple connections and it still does the same seems to be ok tonight some nights it gets really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jOHNdOE71

Ok I know Viber reads my contact list and compares it with their data base of users telephone numbers, then shows me a list of Viber users which match my contact list.
    But what if i have deleated lets say 'John/Jane Doe' from my contacts and blocked them from ringing my mobile number, does Viber show them that i am now a Viber user because my phone number is in their contacts list, and now they can hassel me on Viber??

Got yourself a stalker? 4.2 for Android has number blocking. I presume they'll be releasing 4.2 for Apple products soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 george.rwho

Hi all, I have a question.
    A month ago I changed my number cos I didn't want someone to contact me and when I inserted the new SIM card in the phone Viber was obviously deactivated and I reactivated it using the new number.

I want to ask if the said person could in anyway have access to my new number through Viber. Could they have got a notification that I joined? I don't reckon, since it was a brand new number and it couldn't obviously be in their contact list but this morning I got a call from a private number and I got a little shaken up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hi all, I have a question.
    A month ago I changed my number cos I didn't want someone to contact me and when I inserted the new SIM card in the phone Viber was obviously deactivated and I reactivated it using the new number.

I want to ask if the said person could in anyway have access to my new number through Viber. Could they have got a notification that I joined? I don't reckon, since it was a brand new number and it couldn't obviously be in their contact list but this morning I got a call from a private number and I got a little shaken up.

If your contacts are saved in your phone, and that persons number is still saved in it. I would think when you put in your new sim, the phone will link them.

So when you set up your new viber, a notification will be sent to that person.

If you have there contacts deleted from the phone, it shouldn't be able to notify them.

If your contacts are saved in your phone, and that persons number is still saved in it. I would think when you put in your new sim, the phone will link them.

So when you set up your new viber, a notification will be sent to that person.

If you have there contacts deleted from the phone, it shouldn't be able to notify them.

How could this be, though? I mean, it's a completely new number, one they didn't have in their phones. When I deactivated the old one, it disappeared from the Viber database, therefore from their Viber app too. So how could the new one show to them?

How could this be, though? I mean, it's a completely new number, one they didn't have in their phones. When I deactivated the old one, it disappeared from the Viber database, therefore from their Viber app too. So how could the new one show to them?

If there phone number is stored in your phone. Viber will link to your contacts.

If there phone number is stored in your phone. Viber will link to your contacts.

Yes, MY phone will link to MY contacts, the ones on MY phone. How would it message all the people on Viber on my contacts that I joined when it's a new number and it doesn't know whose it is? For all Viber knows I could have sold the phone. Plus my friends never got a notification about the new number.

Yes, MY phone will link to MY contacts, the ones on MY phone. How would it message all the people on Viber on my contacts that I joined when it's a new number and it doesn't know whose it is? For all Viber knows I could have sold the phone. Plus my friends never got a notification about the new number.

Did you set up a profile when you joined viber?

• Advertisement

Did you set up a profile when you joined viber?

Yes a new one. Deactivated the old one, and created a new one with the new number

Yes a new one. Deactivated the old one, and created a new one with the new number

Which then connected with the old numbers stored in your phone!

Can't really explain it any clearer.

Which then connected with the old numbers stored in your phone!

Can't really explain it any clearer.

o m g you're not getting me.
    I obviously KNOW that my number syncs with my phonebook so I can see who's on Viber. My question couldn't have been any clearer either. Would ANYONE from MY phonebook get a notification that I got a NEW number if they DIDNT have the NEW number on the phone? Say you have your friends number on your phone and they're on Viber. They change their number. They put in the SIM card, account gets deleted, they register a new one, with the new number, which is not on your phone. Would you get a notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

o m g you're not getting me.
    I obviously KNOW that my number syncs with my phonebook so I can see who's on Viber. My question couldn't have been any clearer either. Would ANYONE from MY phonebook get a notification that I got a NEW number if they DIDNT have the NEW number on the phone?
    You will have to give your new number to all contacts in your phone to see who's on viber and for them to see you're on it too. New number means starting all over again. People who don't have your new number saved to their phone will be able to contact you through viber but you won't have their name saved so you won't be able to tell who's texting or ringing you afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Viber Version 4.2 update now available for iOS

What's New:

- A complete redesign compatible with iOS7
    - Send multiple photos & videos at the same time
    - Block List: You can now block any number or contact
    - Send longer video messages
    - Bug fixes

It would be great if you could remove someone from a group chat. Wish they would implement it

Hi.
    2 months ago I changed my number because I wanted to avoid someone. Today I added the number on the block list and then I activated my number on my laptop too.
    Is there any chance they're going to get a notification I joined, thus seeing my number, if they DO NOT have it in their contacts? Like, is there any chance the system would glitch like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hi.
    2 months ago I changed my number because I wanted to avoid someone. Today I added the number on the block list and then I activated my number on my laptop too.
    Is there any chance they're going to get a notification I joined, thus seeing my number, if they DO NOT have it in their contacts? Like, is there any chance the system would glitch like this?

Don't think they will be notified of you joining because they will not have your new number in their list of contacts.

Have they got rid of the delete all messages in a group chat? Without deleting the group. Silly if they have

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RedBell

Hi , does anyone know if there is a sound notification when a new contact joins viber? Or is it just the visible notification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Using an iphone 4S and when I try to open a photo sent to me the app freezes, anyone have a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Using an iphone 4S and when I try to open a photo sent to me the app freezes, anyone have a solution?

Try closing all other Apps that are open

If on iOS 7 double click the home button and swipe up for all other apps.

• Guys my name is Thomas but when I send texts to my friends ok viber its comes up as a message from Luke how do I fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Guys my name is Thomas but when I send texts to my friends ok viber its comes up as a message from Luke how do I fix it

Does your friend have your name in his contacts(viber and phone contacts) as luke?, ring him and see what comes up.

• Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Does your friend have your name in his contacts(viber and phone contacts) as luke?, ring him and see what comes up.

I did he has my name saved as Thomas same goes to all my friends they all think I am living a double life now lol

Advertisement