Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos make pizza with their bare hands???

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

So you are saying the 246 degree cooking argument is flawed then? Because it seems you do care if those bodily fluids etc end up on your pizza. And just because you don't observe the guy actually wiping his nose etc, (say you telephone the pizza which I'm sure most people do) that it doesn't happen? Yawn.

They might **** in the tomato sauce as well, what's your point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

So you are saying the 246 degree cooking argument is flawed then? Because it seems you do care if those bodily fluids etc end up on your pizza. And just because you don't observe the guy actually wiping his nose etc, (say you telephone the pizza which I'm sure most people do) that it doesn't happen? Yawn.

And to your second point, you asked

I was merely demonstrating that other methods do exist. I couldn't give a flying f**k about your pizza base preferences.
    how is it flawed?,i know when a pizza comes out of an oven is ready to eat and completely safe i could give a **** what was on it when it went in,no bacteria=no problem.

as for the pizza making machines,somebody has to put the ingredients in the machine,that somebody could be doing whatever with themselves before hand,gloves would affect the taste,your theory my friend is flawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

m@cc@ wrote: »
    FFS, you've thought far too much about this. Food prepared by equipment is not a guarantee of hygenie. Word to the wise, most people don't care about people using their bare hands, you do. The most practical solution I can think for you is to stay at home and live out of your kitchen.

To be honest I do prepare my own food, I have a serious allergy to eggs that can lead to anaphylaxis and possibly death. I'm lucky in the sense that my parents grow potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, onions, leeks, peas, cabbage, wheat, etc and I usually cook a load of meals at once and freeze them for the week so it's grand.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    how is it flawed?,i know when a pizza comes out of an oven is ready to eat and completely safe i could give a **** what was on it when it went in,no bacteria=no problem.

You wouldn't care if someone pissed on your pizza so long as it then proceeds to go through an oven? Honestly? "no bacteria = no problem" as you say! And yes I know they don't piss on pizzas, I'm merely pointing out how that argument is flawed. .
    as for the pizza making machines,somebody has to put the ingredients in the machine,that somebody could be doing whatever with themselves before hand,gloves would affect the taste,your theory my friend is flawed.
    I can't imagine someone throwing fists full of flour and water with their hands into the machine. Look up food process automation.

You wouldn't care if someone pissed on your pizza so long as it then proceeds to go through an oven? Honestly? "no bacteria = no problem" as you say!

I can't imagine someone throwing fists full of flour and water with their hands into the machine. Look up food process automation.
    who the **** is going to piss on a pizza,don't sensationalise the situation to try get your invalid point across

they are base making machines!!

• Advertisement

You wouldn't care if someone pissed on your pizza so long as it then proceeds to go through an oven? Honestly? "no bacteria = no problem" as you say! And yes I know they don't piss on pizzas, I'm merely pointing out how that argument is flawed.

You could as easily piss on a machine as on a pizza, you're argument is flawed.

who the **** is going to piss on a pizza,don't sensationalise the situation to try get your invalid point across

they are base making machines!!

I edited my post to read

"And yes I know they don't piss on pizzas, I'm merely pointing out how that argument is flawed."

I don't see the difference between someone having traces of urine on their hands and mauling dough, or large amounts of it on their hands and mauling dough. It's all the same. It's all disgusting. You either care when this stuff is on your pizza, or you don't. Which is it?

I don't see the difference between someone having traces of urine on their hands and mauling dough, or large amounts of it on their hands and mauling dough. It's all the same. It's all disgusting. You either care when this stuff is on your pizza, or you don't. Which is it?

IMO, you have at best a mild form of OCD. This is a topic that clearly causes you great distress.

You could as easily piss on a machine as on a pizza, you're argument is flawed.

You're clutching at straws now. What are the odds that some angry employee will actually piss on a machine and not get caught, vs. the odds that someone mauling dough with their bare hands has traces of urine on their hands?

I edited my post to read

"And yes I know they don't piss on pizzas, I'm merely pointing out how that argument is flawed."

listen,once a pizza is not swimming in piss,no piss will be on it when it leaves the oven,ITS STERILE!!!

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=ROTTING CHRIST;65864616]You're picking at straws now. [/QUOTE]
    what had been going on since the last page?

listen,once a pizza is not swimming in piss,no piss will be on it when it leaves the oven,ITS STERILE!!!

What about solids? Hair? Pieces of fingernail? Snot? Sh1t? As I said you either care about this stuff (like me) or you don't. Which is it?

What about solids? Hair? Pieces of fingernail? Snot? Sh1t?
    you put a finger nail in an oven like that and see if it comes out.
    **** is not going to rub off somebodies hand onto a base and come out solid,its sterile.
    snot won't come out either.

at the end of the day hand slapping works whether you like it or not,nobody is forcing you to eat it.

and i dont give a ****

IMO, you have at best a mild form of OCD. This is a topic that clearly causes you great distress.

Well I've kinda had to obsess about food that enters my body considering (as I've already mentioned twice now I think) that if certain food types enter my body there's a chance I'll die. It's not OCD, it's sense.

I know I won't die if I consume someone elses piss, snot, saliva, etc but it's just the way I've become accustomed to thinking about food. I'm sure others agree with me.

and i dont give a ****

Then why are you bothering to continue arguing with me? :confused::D

What about solids? Hair? Pieces of fingernail? Snot? Sh1t? As I said you either care about this stuff (like me) or you don't. Which is it?
    thats what i was replying to

Well I've kinda had to obsess about food that enters my body considering (as I've already mentioned twice now I think) that if certain food types enter my body there's a chance I'll die. It's not OCD, it's sense.

You've had to obsess but you're not obsessive?

You've had to obsess but you're not obsessive?

There's a difference between obsessing about something, and compulsively obsessing about something to the point it becomes a disorder.

There's a difference between obsessing about something, and compulsively obsessing about something to the point it becomes a disorder.

That difference is subjective in itself.

ob·sess
    (b-ss, b-)
    v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es
    v.tr.

To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

If someone is pointing a loaded gun at you, it's not OCD to obsess about getting out of the situation or to "preoccupy the mind of excessively" about getting out. It's sense.

• Advertisement

ob·sess
    (b-ss, b-)
    v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es
    v.tr.

To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

If someone is pointing a loaded gun at you, it's not OCD to obsess about getting out of the situation. It's sense.

Food hygenie is not a loaded gun. You can talk about semantics all you want.

That difference is subjective in itself.

It's most definitely not subjective.

Help yourself to a dictionary:

ob·sess (schwa.gifb-sebreve.gifsprime.gif, obreve.gifb-)v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es
    v.tr. To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

^ no mention of compulsions. ^

OCD:

What is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called "rituals," however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety. More about Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder »

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Quite frankly, I don't.
    Even if a fly lands on my pizza after it's cooked, I'll still eat it.

And don't give me that disease lark, I've never missed a days work for being sick in my life.

It's most definitely not subjective.

Help yourself to a dictionary:

ob·sess (schwa.gifb-sebreve.gifsprime.gif, obreve.gifb-)v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es
    v.tr. To preoccupy the mind of excessively.

OCD:

What is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder?

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, OCD, is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called "rituals," however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety. More about Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder »

shut up.

Food hygenie is not a loaded gun. You can talk about semantics all you want.

It is for some people, and poor food hygiene has killed people and made many more very ill. I'm shocked at how naive some people are regarding food hygiene.

It is for some people, and poor food hygiene has killed people and made many more very ill.

I don't think Dominos were responsible for starting the Black Plague. Poorly cooked food is as much a factor as food hygenie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It is for some people, and poor food hygiene has killed people and made many more very ill. I'm shocked at how naive some people are regarding food hygiene.

Oh go wrap your self up with cling film. :rolleyes:

what would you say if i said id eatin raw fish, raw shell fish eggs that have been uncooked, rare steak.
    worms?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is now baked and ready to eat, nom nom nom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement